• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Make sure you check underneath

Danner

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 2012 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
We all know our new Rangers probably were driven to an open field where they sat for a while. My Ranger had 60 miles on the odometer when I took possession of it. I checked underneath my truck today. My truck must have been driven on a snowy, salty road to wherever it was kept. Make sure you look under your trucks when they arrive at your dealership. I spent a chunk of my day today washing the underside of my Ranger to rid of the salty residue. There is some rust as a result of this. Here are a few of my pics.

Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath IMG_0822

Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath IMG_0841

Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath IMG_0840

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Yeah even sitting for 2 months with salt on it, shouldn't look like that. Heck my 5 year old truck hasn't got that much rust and I live in Canada where they salt the roads excessively.

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
You gotta reach out to your dealer/zone rep and Ford customer service with those photos. A little rust is to be expected, but this is ridiculous. How many miles on it?

Sponsored

Whyoming

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting... '24 Ranger Raptor...
Occupation
Educator
That's sad. You order a new truck and it comes with surface rust... Thanks for giving the heads up to check, do you have much of a choice in asking them to make it right? Can't really walk away from it. Even my diesel gate VW JSW I bought, which was 5 years old and probably sat in a field waiting for EPA re-flashing of the ECM, before being dumped back on the used car market, didn't have any rust underneath, we put a hitch on it. I couldn't believe no rust having grown up in Minnesota. It was the cleanest used car I'd owned.

OP
OP

Danner

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
WTF? You sure that’s a new truck? Because that does NOT look like a new truck 🤔
Should I take it back to the dealer 1 week old.
You gotta reach out to your dealer/zone rep and Ford customer service with those photos. A little rust is to be expected, but this is ridiculous. How many miles on it?
311 miles

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher

311 miles
How many did it have at delivery? Im not recommending that you necessarily bring the truck back to the dealer, but you should make everyone aware of what it looked like at delivery and see what they will do for you. You or the dealer could put a claim in with Ford.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
That is 100% uncalled for & completely unacceptable & more importantly it’s BULLSHIT & Ford should be held accountable for delivering a $60,000 vehicle in that condition!! I assure you that I would be highly pissed about that.

EchoTango

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
It’s egregious for a new truck to have that much rust. I hope your dealer can help you find an appropriate resolution for these issues. I’m supposed to take delivery of my Ranger Raptor next week. I’ll upload pictures of the truck undercarriage after delivery.

Sponsored

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
What was the blend date of your truck?

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager

311 miles
That’s frankly pretty messed up. Definitely reach back out to your dealer and make them aware. A new truck shouldn’t have that much rust.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Document everything you can find and take a picture of the odometer, then get your dealer involved, in my opinion.
An underbody protection place could provide an opinion along with a quote for treatment (even if you don't choose to complete it).
I believe there is a way to DM a Ford Rep to see if they can help.
The Ford reps on here might jump in, and there is a way to DM a rep on their @Ford and @fordtrucks X pages. Just those pictures alone, if confirmed by the dealer/3rd party, would justify a real response

OP
OP

Danner

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
How many did it have at delivery? Im not recommending that you necessarily bring the truck back to the dealer, but you should make everyone aware of what it looked like at delivery and see what they will do for you. You or the dealer could put a claim in with Ford.
The Ranger had 60 miles and was covered in salt Should have looked under then.

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
Was your truck transported via car carrier or rail? I wonder if this happened on transport? Lower level of the carrier driving through a snow storm?
Sponsored