• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New 6G Wildtrak X. Our next Tremor?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Itā€™s close to what the Tremor is but I donā€™t see Ford doing the Wildtrax in NA. The Tremor package is really prevalent across their NA truck lines and I would think they will stick to that. Probably a lot of the Wildtrax features will show up in the Tremor though.
I agree, as the title of this thread suggests, Iā€™m thinking this might be the closest representation of the NA market Tremor weā€™ve seen? Iā€™m not suggesting we would get a ā€œWildtrak Xā€

Personally I really like it, minus the black trim the comes up from the bash plate and flanks the sides of grill. But since the rest of the truck is spot on, Iā€™d overlook that minor gripe. I just really hope the SuperCrew/longbed configuration will happen and I can get that with a Tremor package. I like this step bumper design better than the current Tremor. Even the roof rack is pretty clever, although I think Subaru has had one like this for awhile. If Ford makes the Tremor close to this, I think a bunch of people will be happy, myself included.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Interesting it has trail turn assist like the Bronco.

Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
I agree, as the title of this thread suggests, Iā€™m thinking this might be the closest representation of the NA market Tremor weā€™ve seen? Iā€™m not suggesting we would get a ā€œWildtrak Xā€

Personally I really like it, minus the black trim the comes up from the bash plate and flanks the sides of grill. But since the rest of the truck is spot on, Iā€™d overlook that minor gripe. I just really hope the SuperCrew/longbed configuration will happen and I can get that with a Tremor package. I like this step bumper design better than the current Tremor. Even the roof rack is pretty clever, although I think Subaru has had one like this for awhile. If Ford makes the Tremor close to this, I think a bunch of people will be happy, myself included.
The base price seems to be comparable to a 2023 Lariat 501a Tremor (currently ~$50k).

If Ford decided to lock the 2.7l as an "option" behind the Lariat trim (per the leaked engine sticker showing a 2.7l option), that could make a Lariat FX4 or Lariat Tremor a great "in-between" from the base 2.3l to the Raptor in both performance and price.

If a 2.7l Lariat Tremor could come in under $55k and a Raptor might be around the $63k mark, then the Tremor would be an extremely compelling option for a lot of people. Personally I'd love to see a fully loaded 2.7l Lariat FX4 Splash come in under $55k and let everyone else fight over the Tremors and Raptors.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I agree that this is a good representation of our Tremor, although I don't think it will come with the roof racks. Might be an option though.

I don't think they get the FX4 overseas. Anyone know if the standard Wildtrak our FX4?

Personally, if I end up with a Ranger, it'll probably have to be a Lariat. I want all the bells & whistles and the Lariat is probably the only way I'll be able to get that. If the 2.7l is available, I'd be hard pressed not to get a Ranger.
Lariat, 2.7l, FX4, Leveling kit, MT's, a winch.....done. :)

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Looks great! I kinda do want that roof rack with its tonneau cover too.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
The base price seems to be comparable to a 2023 Lariat 501a Tremor (currently ~$50k).

If Ford decided to lock the 2.7l as an "option" behind the Lariat trim (per the leaked engine sticker showing a 2.7l option), that could make a Lariat FX4 or Lariat Tremor a great "in-between" from the base 2.3l to the Raptor in both performance and price.

If a 2.7l Lariat Tremor could come in under $55k and a Raptor might be around the $63k mark, then the Tremor would be an extremely compelling option for a lot of people. Personally I'd love to see a fully loaded 2.7l Lariat FX4 Splash come in under $55k and let everyone else fight over the Tremors and Raptors.
I need Ford to finally release the information on these Rangers because your numbers are making me sweat. Iā€™m definitely hoping for something a lot closer to $40k than $55-63k. Granted I also donā€™t want a Tremor or Raptor, but man those are some crazy prices for a midsize truck in my opinion.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I need Ford to finally release the information on these Rangers because your numbers are making me sweat. Iā€™m definitely hoping for something a lot closer to $40k than $55-63k. Granted I also donā€™t want a Tremor or Raptor, but man those are some crazy prices for a midsize truck in my opinion.
Agreed. No way am I paying 50k for a ranger.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
For me that will justify to go after market on the suspension. EMU's with BP 51's dampers.

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
I was basing my guesses off of 2023's fully loaded Lariat non-Tremor prices.

That being said, the cheapest XLT Tremor you could get this year was $45k and $48k for the cheapest Lariat Tremor. If they introduce the 2.7l, it'd be safe to assume there will be a price premium for it (maybe $2.5k?). Coupling that with estimating a ~2% overall price increase for "inflation" and an additional ~2% increase since the interior is receiving a complete overhaul.

I honestly hope I'm completely wrong and pricing stays close to exactly the same. But my brain tells me to personally expect around $55k for a 2.7l Lariat Tremor (with bed liner, tonneau, etc.) if that is offered.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
From the way they are jacking up prices on all vehicles across Ford, I wouldn't be surprised at a 63K Raptor. But if that was the case, that might kill it for a lot of people. We are then talking about 70k out the door, minus any packages, accessories, ADMs...

I think they need to think long and hard about this one before they just throw out a sky high number. I said in other posts, I check my local Ford inventory every few days, and they just have multi rows of F150s just sitting. 6-7 are Tremors, and 4 are Raptors. They probably have ADMs, which make them like 85-100k trucks. What normal American can afford that?

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
From the way they are jacking up prices on all vehicles across Ford, I wouldn't be surprised at a 63K Raptor. But if that was the case, that might kill it for a lot of people. We are then talking about 70k out the door, minus any packages, accessories, ADMs...

I think they need to think long and hard about this one before they just throw out a sky high number. I said in other posts, I check my local Ford inventory every few days, and they just have multi rows of F150s just sitting. 6-7 are Tremors, and 4 are Raptors. They probably have ADMs, which make them like 85-100k trucks. What normal American can afford that?
I suspect not many could easily afford $85-$100k, especially with interest rates higher. With that said, I can see more people considering midsize trucks. They seem to be $8-12k cheaper for a similar trim spec of a full-size. For most people, Iā€™d guess a midsize truck would meet their truck needs nearly as well as a full size. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m replacing my F-150 SuperCrew with either a next generation Ranger or Tacoma.
Sponsored