• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

New competition is revealed!

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
Hmmm... not really a fan at all. I prefer the current gen over this. The TRD Pro isn't horrible, but the rest of the trims...
  • What is with that giant spoiler on the front!!!
  • The badge on the TRD Sport looks way out of place and like it is missing something.
  • I like the implementation of the new Ranger display WAAAAAAAY better than this.
  • Not a fan of any of the wheel combos.
  • That sharp angle on the back of the bed just looks really weird.
Overall, I like the new Ranger better. But, I'm sure it will sell well because... Tacoma.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
The seats sound impressive.

"The IsoDynamic Performance Seat uses an air-over-oil shock absorber system allowing for vertical and lateral seat movement simultaneously to dampen body movement and stabilize the head and neck to keep alignment with the spine. This dampening effect is tunable based on body mass and occupant preference and can be bypassed, if desired, via levers on the seatbacks."

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Hmmm... not really a fan at all. I prefer the current gen over this. The TRD Pro isn't horrible, but the rest of the trims...
  • The badge on the TRD Sport looks way out of place and like it is missing something.
  • I like the implementation of the new Ranger display WAAAAAAAY better than this.
Overall, I like the new Ranger better. But, I'm sure it will sell well because... Tacoma.
Yep. Tacoma going to Tacoma.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
agreed with this for the most part.

but there are some really cool features that i wish the ford would add to the ranger...

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Toyota 💩 the bed with the new Tacoma.......

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I will say after watching some videos, Toyota really brought it with the Pro in terms of off-road ability. Like those shock absorbing seats are crazy. But for me it's just too much. I don't off road that much to justify it.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I will say after watching some videos, Toyota really brought it with the Pro in terms of off-road ability. Like those shock absorbing seats are crazy. But for me it's just too much. I don't off road that much to justify it.
And the red interior is over the top and atrocious.

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Interesting that the HVB for the hybrid is a NiMH battery pack. Very old battery technology.

OP
OP
Snkrjeff020

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
No rear air vents on it either.
Lol didn't notice that! But again maybe its a preproduction issue. Some of the videos, the vloggers weren't even allowed to show the read cabin.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Toyota 💩 the bed with the new Tacoma.......
If you think this, you haven't been paying attention. Say what you will about looks (I don't love the interior), but Toyota came out swinging with this one.

Bigger screen, better cameras and camera angles, built-in shock-absorbing seats, power tailgate, built-in air compressor (on trailhunter), disconnecting sway bar, hybrid power, just to name a few things off the top of my head. It has enough tech and features it's making my decision harder than I thought it would be. TRD Pro and Trailhunters won't be out for another year so realistically around the same time any of us would be seeing a Ranger Raptor.

oh, and they also fixed their seating position by raising the roof and the seats.

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
If you think this, you haven't been paying attention. Say what you will about looks (I don't love the interior), but Toyota came out swinging with this one.

Bigger screen, better cameras and camera angles, built-in shock-absorbing seats, power tailgate, built-in air compressor (on trailhunter), disconnecting sway bar, hybrid power, just to name a few things off the top of my head. It has enough tech and features it's making my decision harder than I thought it would be. TRD Pro and Trailhunters won't be out for another year so realistically around the same time any of us would be seeing a Ranger Raptor.

oh, and they also fixed their seating position by raising the roof and the seats.

That screen looks stupid. Looks like they just wanted a bigger screen and just slapped it in.
The one thing I do like with the Ranger was the way they integrated the screen making it look like part of the truck.

The whole interior is hideous on the new Taco especially the TRD pro.
Exterior is a little weird but better than the Ranger. Personal taste, everyone is different.

Lots of cool toys though for sure on the Taco and features wow they are pushing the limits and not treating the midsize like a ugly step child. They went all out and outside the box.

You missed power steps and power tailgate but hey Ranger got a damper.
Sponsored