• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Really? HRG

Maverick front bumper.JPG
I'm guessing that the Maverick since it is a unibody is under different regs than the Ranger is. If you look at the Ranger Raptor it does not appear to have an integrated bumper - I'd expect that same thing on the NA spec Ranger.

Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! 1668368189990

Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Also looks like the 3rd brake light integrated into the tailgate is also not on the US rangers. I'm guessing a law has something to do with that.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
@Progeny2021
Yes, I’d definitely be interested in a factory moonroof if offered on the 6G. I used the heck out of the one in my ‘02 F-150 SuperCrew until the tracks gave up the ghost 2-3 years ago. Since I’ll be driving this truck for another year, I need to find a Charlotte shop that will fix it.

As for rising interest rates, I’m fortunately able to go the cash route next year for the 6G Ranger too. I was ready to finance a 5G Ranger with a hefty down payment 3 years ago when they hit the NA market, but the lack of a SuperCrew/longbed was a deal breaker. So I continue driving the ‘02 F-150 and banking a truck payment to myself for over 5 years now (since Oct. of ‘17). I’m more then ready for something new!!!
Ford has already said there will not be a supercrew with long bed. In fact, they are also going to drop the supercab option. The new generation is a bit longer wheelbase and a tad wider from what I have read. Ford said they will increase the bed size but don't expect more then a few inches. But if your still waiting on a crew cab with long bed you might consider a frontier or a tacoma. Soon those will be the only options for that. Because GM will also drop their exteneded cab and LWB crew cab options. Just CC short bed. I guess they figure the sales numbers are not enough to keep multiple platforms.

Reactions: EJH

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Ford has already said there will not be a supercrew with long bed. In fact, they are also going to drop the supercab option. The new generation is a bit longer wheelbase and a tad wider from what I have read. Ford said they will increase the bed size but don't expect more then a few inches. But if your still waiting on a crew cab with long bed you might consider a frontier or a tacoma. Soon those will be the only options for that. Because GM will also drop their exteneded cab and LWB crew cab options. Just CC short bed. I guess they figure the sales numbers are not enough to keep multiple platforms.
Can you post where you saw that official announcement? I've heard lots of rumors but never seen an official statement saying they won't have a crew cab long bed option for the 6G Ranger.

MrKnowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Also looks like the 3rd brake light integrated into the tailgate is also not on the US rangers. I'm guessing a law has something to do with that.
The Gladiator has the CHMSL in the tailgate.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Ford almost never comments on details of upcoming vehicles besides some teasers. GMC and Chevy announced at the time of unveiling that they will only have one cab/bed configuration (a crewcab with 5’ bed) for their midsize trucks. Ford hasn’t to the best of my knowledge, and I comb the web daily for details on the 6G Ranger. There have been multiple SuperCrew/longbed prototype sightings in the US and Australia, so I’m not giving up hope just yet. With some of the competition dropping this configuration, it would only make sense for Ford to capitalize on this piece of the market share.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Considering there's been crewcab long bed prototypes driving around in Melbourne with a longer wheelbase, I suspect you're incorrect.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I don't think it will. It's not compliant with US regs.
Not compliant with regulation or taste? The 5G Ranger only got a separate front bar because the market dictated it.

Verdue

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Occupation
Architect
What is this? How do you add an aftermarket bumper on this mess? Is it a bandaid?
Ford Ranger North American 2024 Ranger spied! 2023F
Sponsored