• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Oil Catch Can. Yes or No?

Sashimi_Moto

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
They come in 2.3 L EcoBoost I4 as well.
Yup and I bought it... but it doesn’t fit the ranger. ? For the 2.3L mustang, Ford makes 2 the Pcv and CCV side. I bought the CCV side (turbo side) but it doesn’t fit the ranger and can’t easily be made to do so, therefore I had to send it back.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
They come in 2.3 L EcoBoost I4 as well.
Link: 2.3L MUSTANG ECOBOOST OIL-AIR SEPARATOR LH

And this is stated
WARNING:
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.​

HarryD

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upcoming 2020 Ranger Lariat
“Link: 2.3L MUSTANG ECOBOOST OIL-AIR SEPARATOR LH

And this is stated
WARNING:
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.”

I understand why this might dissuade some from installing the Ford system, but I don’t see how they can point to this for a warrantee denial. It is designed by Ford engineers to keep the blow-by crud out of the intake system! I personally do all my own maintenance and if I were to suspect that there could be an issue in bringing the truck in for a warrantee item, I would simply un-plug it and re-connect the original lines.
I am anxiously awaiting its arrival for sale on the Ford Performance site for my ordered Ranger that is due in at my dealer tomorrow.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It is designed by Ford engineers to keep the blow-by crud out of the intake system!
To be clear, the reason Ford is selling this product is because they think enough people will buy it that Ford can make a profit.

Tim H.

First Name
Tim (TJ)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 RAV4 , 2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired IT tech
“Link: 2.3L MUSTANG ECOBOOST OIL-AIR SEPARATOR LH

And this is stated
WARNING:
This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.”

I understand why this might dissuade some from installing the Ford system, but I don’t see how they can point to this for a warrantee denial. It is designed by Ford engineers to keep the blow-by crud out of the intake system! I personally do all my own maintenance and if I were to suspect that there could be an issue in bringing the truck in for a warrantee item, I would simply un-plug it and re-connect the original lines.
I am anxiously awaiting its arrival for sale on the Ford Performance site for my ordered Ranger that is due in at my dealer tomorrow.
“Competition use only” ?
Costs a lot of money & red tape to get it CARB certified. They obviously know the DI design creates valve carbon build-up.

HarryD

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Upcoming 2020 Ranger Lariat
“To be clear, the reason Ford is selling this product is because they think enough people will buy it that Ford can make a profit.”

We are all welcome to our own opinions. I for one feel that there are numerous ways for Ford to make profits without expending as much effort in design and testing as has been done on this dual system (PCV/CCV).