• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Orders, new design, mavericks head spinning

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Good Day All. Not sure which category is preferred.

Without most of the backup story, I ordered a 23 amd have learned 1) it is not the new design as some media sources and even some dealers had stated or implied and 2) the orders are also constrained so that certain features, packages or combinations are not yet released or allowed to be ordered.

I had been shopping for a year and as a result waiting for the new design to get certain features and improvements.

I like full size having sold my dually crew king ranch a year ago. they're too expensive now. (Lightening and hybrid 150's will now be a dream.)

I discovered I fit in a ranger (back seat) reasonably well and have been excited that I may be able to stay in a truck even if not a full size. Now I'm depressed. I can never see a live maverick and figured too tiny (despite specs saying better interior room). I sat in one finally last week. Didn't drive. Different. Nice for what it is. Imagine won't sit or drive like a big truck but maybe i could live with it. My spine hurt less getting in and out.

I don't factor towing into my thoughts since i always drove my dually to be able to handle whatever situation or past time I got involved with. I always towed something or had a 5th wheel but since my surgury towing is just something I'd like to be able to still do.

I don't even see 8 ft beds listed anymore. Never had less so I could carry a truck camper or 5th wheel.

I'm rambling. Sorry. I lose my thoughts when typing with my thumbs.

So at the moment. I have an order that is constrained. The new design is not expected till May 23 as a 24MY. I want new design.
On another angle I am told September 15 is order open for maverick. Assuming they can be had, and there is a tremor expected.

Is there any merit to considering ordering a 23 maverick?

With any of the options we know ford can delay, delete, constrain, change pricing and on and on.

Hope its intelligible.
Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor

Without most of the backup story, I ordered a 23 amd have learned 1) it is not the new design as some media sources and even some dealers had stated or implied and 2) the orders are also constrained so that certain features, packages or combinations are not yet released or allowed to be ordered.
I think this whole issue comes about because in North America insists on selling cars that are made six months before they should exist. If, like Australia, the vehicles being sold in 2022 were marketed as 2022 MY vehicles, there'd be a whole lot less confusion.

The new gen vehicle here is a model year 2022.00, that's it.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
Grizz,
Welcome to the head-spinning club! My story is a bit different, I intend to retire at the end of 2022, and will lose my company-provided vehicle. I'm about thiiiis close to getting a '23 (Gen5) Ranger on order, plus I intend to order a Maverick on 9/15. Either one will suit my needs until the '24 Gen6 version becomes available, at which time I can decide what to keep or order something new.

HRG

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer

I had been shopping for a year and as a result waiting for the new design to get certain features and improvements.

I like full size having sold my dually crew king ranch a year ago. they're too expensive now. (Lightening and hybrid 150's will now be a dream.)

I discovered I fit in a ranger (back seat) reasonably well and have been excited that I may be able to stay in a truck even if not a full size. Now I'm depressed. I can never see a live maverick and figured too tiny (despite specs saying better interior room). I sat in one finally last week. Didn't drive. Different. Nice for what it is. Imagine won't sit or drive like a big truck but maybe i could live with it. My spine hurt less getting in and out.

I don't factor towing into my thoughts since i always drove my dually to be able to handle whatever situation or past time I got involved with. I always towed something or had a 5th wheel but since my surgury towing is just something I'd like to be able to still do.

I don't even see 8 ft beds listed anymore. Never had less so I could carry a truck camper or 5th wheel.

I'm rambling. Sorry. I lose my thoughts when typing with my thumbs.

So at the moment. I have an order that is constrained. The new design is not expected till May 23 as a 24MY. I want new design.
On another angle I am told September 15 is order open for maverick. Assuming they can be had, and there is a tremor expected.

Is there any merit to considering ordering a 23 maverick?

With any of the options we know ford can delay, delete, constrain, change pricing and on and on.

Hope its intelligible.
@Grizz , maybe my situation will help you, maybe not. I ordered a 2022 Ranger Tremor in January, and while it sat built in Michigan waiting for either some final part, or a train to New England, my mind moved over to waiting for the 6G. The 2022 arrived to my dealer in late May, and I passed on it. Once I passed on it, it was sold to someone else in less than 24 hrs. I don't regret my decision, but I do think that if I had bought the Tremor as ordered, I could have driven it for two years, watched the 6G rollout, watch the 6G Tremor come out, see what else they package in the 6G and then either traded the 5G, or maybe I would have kept it for many more years. So I'd say do what you can to decide between ordering a 5G or a Maverick, ride it out until it is close to being delivered, re-evaluate your situation at that point, and either buy the one you ordered, or pass on it if another path suits you better at that time. As I sit here now, the GM offerings will be more tempting than I had thought once they get going in Q1 2023, and who knows what the 6G rollout will turn into, but I am pretty sure that if I had bought that Tremor, I would be a bit more relaxed on these 6G sidelines, not feeling like I need to jump on something as soon as it comes out. - Just my thoughts.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I think this whole issue comes about because in North America insists on selling cars that are made six months before they should exist. If, like Australia, the vehicles being sold in 2022 were marketed as 2022 MY vehicles, there'd be a whole lot less confusion.

The new gen vehicle here is a model year 2022.00, that's it.
Yes, definitely a confusing situation in North America. The dealers don't even know what's going on. Selling a 5G to customers thinking they are getting the new generation.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
When the 6G Ranger does come out Ford's going to be behind again. I bet the Tacoma will bring an EV variant to the market quickly. Tacoma set for a 2023 release. Chevy will have there Canyon and Colorado out a year before the Ranger. One of the problems in NA is you are competing with the higher profit margin Bronco made in the same factory, which begs the ? when will you get your Ranger when you order it.
Nissan brought their Frontier out at the correct time.

Last edited:

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I have thought about going ahead and ordering a Maverick with the thought that it would probably be 6+ months before the order was fulfilled and hopefully we would find out more about the new Ranger and Tacoma. If the Maverick for some reason did come in really early then I could decide to purchase or let go......

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
I posted this on the Gen5 forum. But it fits in this thread.

I was all about waiting for a Gen6. But the more I looked at it all I see is a bigger Maverick. On top of that a fully digital instrument cluster is a big turn-off for me. I love tech. But in my vehicles I much prefer having analog gauges and redundant controls for things like hvac, radio, etc. Too much reliance on digital screens and controls is not a good thing.

And let's not even talk about the almost guaranteed delays and quality issues for the first year or two. I'm looking at you Bronco. And if you need any sort of warranty work there is the potential of extremely long waits for parts. So you could be without a vehicle for a long period of time. Seeing that issue with the Bronco too.

I was never a huge fan of the front clip of the Gen5. But it checks so many other boxes. I'll get over it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I posted this on the Gen5 forum. But it fits in this thread.

I was all about waiting for a Gen6. But the more I looked at it all I see is a bigger Maverick. On top of that a fully digital instrument cluster is a big turn-off for me. I love tech. But in my vehicles I much prefer having analog gauges and redundant controls for things like hvac, radio, etc. Too much reliance on digital screens and controls is not a good thing.

And let's not even talk about the almost guaranteed delays and quality issues for the first year or two. I'm looking at you Bronco. And if you need any sort of warranty work there is the potential of extremely long waits for parts. So you could be without a vehicle for a long period of time. Seeing that issue with the Bronco too.

I was never a huge fan of the front clip of the Gen5. But it checks so many other boxes. I'll get over it.
really? MAJOR differences between the 2 platforms. Ranger 5/6G are body on frame, while Maverick is Unibody in 1 cab/bed configuration only. Ranger has bigger engine mounted in traditional alignment instead of transverse FWD like Maverick. Ranger has 10 speed trans vs. Maverick 8 speed or CVT. Ranger built in USA and has cheaper destination charge. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting on my Maverick build right now and will be plenty happy driving it until I see and drive 6G Ranger to determine if it's a better fit for me overall. But if any comparison is to be made here I would say Ranger will be more of a shrunk down F-150 than a bigger Maverick. YMMV

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
really? MAJOR differences between the 2 platforms. Ranger 5/6G are body on frame, while Maverick is Unibody in 1 cab/bed configuration only. Ranger has bigger engine mounted in traditional alignment instead of transverse FWD like Maverick. Ranger has 10 speed trans vs. Maverick 8 speed or CVT. Ranger built in USA and has cheaper destination charge. Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting on my Maverick build right now and will be plenty happy driving it until I see and drive 6G Ranger to determine if it's a better fit for me overall. But if any comparison is to be made here I would say Ranger will be more of a shrunk down F-150 than a bigger Maverick. YMMV
Lol I am fully aware of the difference between the Ranger and Maverick. I'm not stupid. I said "all I see is a bigger Maverick". That is based on the looks. Nothing more. If you don't see it then you are in denial.

Ford Ranger Orders, new design, mavericks head spinning 99B46534-ACE3-45D2-BCB4-6B0DB148BD3B

Sponsored
OP
OP

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread and include a belated "yes it helps" to those that had asked.

If for no other reason than it gives me some comfort hearing I am not the only one being troubled by all this.

I did feel there was merit to the idea if placing a maverick order on 9/15 anticipating a delay and then waiting and watching for the new design release . If that info is accurate and production was to start in May 24 then orders would start before then. That report also said 23 production would stop April.

Seeing that you folks are open to the maverick idea are there any forums like you have here for the maverick. Knowledgeable, kind, considerate folks.

I am so scatter brained lately. I cam across a bright orange 2015 wrangler unlimited sahara. The otjer day. 137k mi and I am all gaga over it cause I need a something. Can't wait forever. Drove a cj5 for 20 years but no idea how my spine would get in this thing. But I was thinking maybe I could get my Money back in a year or so if Ford ever does make any of these trucks their talking about.

OP
OP

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Thank you. Application submitted. .

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Lol I am fully aware of the difference between the Ranger and Maverick. I'm not stupid. I said "all I see is a bigger Maverick". That is based on the looks. Nothing more. If you don't see it then you are in denial.

99B46534-ACE3-45D2-BCB4-6B0DB148BD3B.jpeg
so your opinion was based on superficial cosmetic resemblance, not overall comparison of the 2 vehicles as your comment "But the more I looked at it all I see is a bigger Maverick" led me to believe. I stand corrected. Carry on.

Cabostu

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 24 Ranger Lariat FX4/Azure
Occupation
Real Estate
Yes, definitely a confusing situation in North America. The dealers don't even know what's going on. Selling a 5G to customers thinking they are getting the new generation.
Add me to the list of confused buyers. I specifically waited till the order banks opened for the 23 rangers thinking it was the 6G, and after placing the order and putting up my deposit, I learned it was the old model. A massive exercise in frustration and wasted time. So it turns out I was very excited to order a 12-year-old design, ridiculous. I currently have a new maverick which I love, so at least I am OK for now. I will still order a new Ranger 6G when that happens; that's the current plan.
Sponsored