• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Preventing your Ranger from being Stolen

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I saw this Ford F150 theft. Right out his front door.

Toronto man tracks down his own truck after theft, even after 911 told him not to | CBC News

They cut the horn wire. I guess when you mount the horns on the Rad support you can access the horn wiring.

They reprogramed the truck to start. What I have heard you do is put a cover lock on the communication repair port. Does this stop them.

I see Ford has an enhanced Security system. Is this worth purchasing.

What are the best way off stopping your truck from being stolen.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Ok seriously if you’re really concerned you could get a Revelco Anti-Theft Device. I’ve never had one but hear they’re one of the best out there and impossible to circumvent. There’s never been a vehicle stolen using this system in over 40 years. They’re not cheap but neither are our vehicles today.

https://www.ravelco.com

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
I got TAG for the truck.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Not so interested in the screaming alarm. More interested in immobilizing the truck.

Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
I saw this Ford F150 theft. Right out his front door.

Toronto man tracks down his own truck after theft, even after 911 told him not to | CBC News

They cut the horn wire. I guess when you mount the horns on the Rad support you can access the horn wiring.

They reprogramed the truck to start. What I have heard you do is put a cover lock on the communication repair port. Does this stop them.

I see Ford has an enhanced Security system. Is this worth purchasing.

What are the best way off stopping your truck from being stolen.
Not gonna lie, I too would track down my truck after cops told me not too. Gotta take matters into your own hands lol. A few suggestions to help with anti-theft... parking in a garage, a dog (they might bark and alert you to intruders), motion lights around your truck, an apple tag in your vehicle, and finally... get some seriously loud speakers with lots of bass, crank the volume all the way when you get out and turn the radio on. If someone hotwires your truck to turn it on, the volume will play and the entire neighborhood will notice. Only you would know to turn the volume down before starting.

OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
Maybe a simple psych out. Put a sticker of Ravelco, TAG systems are implemented on vehicle, then the thieves go to the next car.
Sponsored