• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Project Msfitoy V3.0

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1931 Ford - 2017 Tacoma-19 Ranger 4x2 lariat
Occupation
retired mechanic
Specs to date:

Drive train:

1-AFE intake charge tubes
2-K&N filter
3-MBRP 3" cat back exhaust, black

Exterior:

1-285/70-17 Falken ATS-W
2-Fuel Shok Anthracite, 17x9 +20offset, custom hub
3-Eibach Pro Truck four strut kit
4-Custom flat black graphics
5-LED fog light modification
6-Rigid LED, 2 spot + 2 flood in grill
7-Rigid LED spot hood mount
8-Baja S1 Ditch light hood mount
8-Pro Comp LED flood rear bumper mounted
9-Raptor grill, custom amber LED x 3
10-Center rear marker red LED x 3
11-Diamondback SE armor bed cover
12-Bushwacker Tail Armor
13-Front Runner rack mount on top of Diamondback
14-Shrock Rock sliders
15-four side LED mounted to Front Runner load bars
16-Lumen Tech 8 LED under body rock lights
17-Cab spoiler

Interior:

1-Ram mount Ipod Mini
2-Ram mount Iphone
3-Uniden CB
4-Balfeng radio
5-Trigger 3001 RF six shooter accessory control

Up coming additions:

1-Front Runner RTT
NICE JOB!!!
Sponsored

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Few questions for you. Can I ask which bluetooth scan tool you picked to work with OBD Fusion? Out of their recommendations, if I go with Android it looks like OBDLink LX would work for me, but the MX is for iPads.

Does it connect automatically when you start your truck? Do you have your tablet configured to turn on with power on the USB plug? Can you make it go straight to the OBD Fusion screen?

I wonder if these scan tools will eventually let me mess with Forscan or if I need a different hard wired connector. I don't really know much about all this.

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
How are you liking the MBRP exhaust? Have you had the opportunity to do any towing with it? The price point of it is really appealing, but I do enough towing that the noise increase at highway speeds is my major concern.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Few questions for you. Can I ask which bluetooth scan tool you picked to work with OBD Fusion? Out of their recommendations, if I go with Android it looks like OBDLink LX would work for me, but the MX is for iPads.

Does it connect automatically when you start your truck? Do you have your tablet configured to turn on with power on the USB plug? Can you make it go straight to the OBD Fusion screen?

I wonder if these scan tools will eventually let me mess with Forscan or if I need a different hard wired connector. I don't really know much about all this.
I use OBD Fusion. When I started researching this, I was following "Life Style Overland's" set up but he uses Android instead of IOs with Torque Pro...but TP doesn't support IOs:frown:

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
How are you liking the MBRP exhaust? Have you had the opportunity to do any towing with it? The price point of it is really appealing, but I do enough towing that the noise increase at highway speeds is my major concern.
I like it very much...enough growl but not very noticeable inside...when I hit the remote start while couple of hundred feet away, it's very noticeable start up rumble...priced right too...don't have anything to tow yet:)

Sponsored

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I use OBD Fusion. When I started researching this, I was following "Life Style Overland's" set up but he uses Android instead of IOs with Torque Pro...but TP doesn't support IOs:frown:

Thanks. Hmmm I could consider Torque pro also I guess. I have an unused Android tablet around I could use, and I generally don't buy Apple products.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thanks. Hmmm I could consider Torque pro also I guess. I have an unused Android tablet around I could use, and I generally don't buy Apple products.
I've had torque pro for a long time. My only gripe is that some of the PIDs don't exist (like charge air temps for our ranger), but it's a solid app.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Bluetooth scan tool on the way from Amazon. Torque Pro vs OBD Fusion... they are both cheap enough apps that I could get both and pick which one I like better. I think I figured out how to get the tablet to go auto-on with ignition on power and launch any app I want on start-up. Then for good measure, I might configure this tablet as a movie media center for kids in the back seat as a secondary usage.

Thanks for the help all.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Bluetooth scan tool on the way from Amazon. Torque Pro vs OBD Fusion... they are both cheap enough apps that I could get both and pick which one I like better. I think I figured out how to get the tablet to go auto-on with ignition on power and launch any app I want on start-up. Then for good measure, I might configure this tablet as a movie media center for kids in the back seat as a secondary usage.

Thanks for the help all.
I wasn't able to get mine to auto start...not sure there's a way...but if you figure it out do let me know:)

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
I think I'm not going to mount anything on the roof simply because I want to be able to park this baby in garage. When I do mount the rack for RTT on Diamondback, it'll be the same set up as "Last Line of Defense". He has a cut down rack from Frontrunner that keeps his tent at the same height as roof line. I like that for aero and of course parking in the garage...This is what I'm going after minus the roof rack...the Skycamp Mini fits the short bed and fold out side ways...

lighter.jpg
IKamp Mini costs $3500. Yikes!

Sponsored

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
Another step closer...got my "Last Line of Defense" style Front Runner racks mounted to the Diamondback...without the RTT loaded, both hatch open normally:)
6oLdh1l.jpg

AN6WEKs.jpg

uM1LC6A.jpg

DJ7IeII.jpg
Can the Front Runner legs be shortened at the base by 1-2 inches?

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Some more glorious sunset I couldn't resist...soon when my RTT get mounted, I promise the scenery will get more interesting... :p
Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 leQZqXk

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 v2UYO0K

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 tziMi4K

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 1yMjrwU

Ford Ranger Project Msfitoy V3.0 WdBqVlT

HAPPY TROUBLE FREE 30,000 MILES!!!

And it looks like the Falken will hold up to it's promisd 40k life...still pretty fresh...

Last edited: