• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Purchasing first model year vehicles

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
Two ways of looking at this in my opinion.
Glass half emptyā€¦first year concerns and some reservations
Glass half fullā€¦those that got them first are getting the bugs worked out before the North American release.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion

OP
OP

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The day I dropped off the car for the HVAC replacement, I left a 4-pack of Monsters in the passenger seat and a note wishing the tech an easy repair. He wrote a thank you note on the back of the repair order.
Thanks for an awesome idea! Iā€™d never have thought of this but must try it now if ever I get a difficult issue. A little kindness goes a long way with your dealer to be sure.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gen 6 Ranger WildTrak
Occupation
I could tell you, but then Iā€™d have toā€¦
Three months with my Bronco and I have had several issues already. On top of getting a cracked windshield. That is a first in my 36 years of driving. Including two Jeeps. Beginning to think this thing has bad juju. Doubt I'd ever take a chance on a new model or first year major overhaul again.
Have 11000 miles on my ā€˜21 Bronco Badlands in all conditions on and off road in 8 months and was bulletproof. Had a 17 4-Runner that didnā€™t seem to be able to make it out of the driveway without something breaking. Itā€™s really hit and miss at this point.

If it helps, I bought a Gen 6 Ranger out here for the duration of assignment and will absolutely put it through its paces! Iā€™ve already taken it places and under conditions I never thought Iā€™d go, especially stock! Weā€™ll get the kinks worked out before it hits the States!

CandianRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Here's a firm argument for not worrying about getting the first model year. Everyone's correct on here, there is problems with them, but there's problems every year.......

Sponsored