• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What features are on the world model but missing from the US model?

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Security
What features are on the world model but missing from the US model?
Sponsored

Lexx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I think you’re spot on. It’s unlikely that Ford offers both a Wildtrak and a Tremor version. Given that there are no Wildtrak pickups offered in NA and the Maverick and F150 both get a Tremor model, if there is an off road focused model of the Ranger below the Raptor it will be called Tremor. If I had to guess it would be with a 2.7, Bilstein shocks with a slightly higher ride height and have 32” A/T tires, 4A, and fender flares. Your off-road lineup would then be FX4>Tremor>Raptor. There might even be a Raptor 35 package or some other halo trim above the Raptor released mid cycle when things get underway and they feel sales dipping a bit after initial release. Ford did not leave themselves much room between the Lariat 2.3 and the Raptor to fit both the 2.7L upgrade and whatever a Tremor package/trim would cost. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
I totally get what you are saying but i would have thought with the ranger being in a sticky situation, i.e the maverick below it and the F150 above, Ford should have made the Ranger a bit more appealing from the get go. The order figures quoted seem a bit lackluster but if they had offered the Tremor from the get go (assuming its the US variant of the Wildtrak), there might have been a bit more enthusiasm i think

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I totally get what you are saying but i would have thought with the ranger being in a sticky situation, i.e the maverick below it and the F150 above, Ford should have made the Ranger a bit more appealing from the get go. The order figures quoted seem a bit lackluster but if they had offered the Tremor from the get go (assuming its the US variant of the Wildtrak), there might have been a bit more enthusiasm i think
There’s nothing wrong with a “soft start” to get things rolling in production. And as far as making a splash, that’s what the Raptor is for.

OP
OP

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
There’s nothing wrong with a “soft start” to get things rolling in production. And as far as making a splash, that’s what the Raptor is for.
also..... ANOTHER trim level between lariat and raptor probably wouldn't sell enough to really warrant it

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
also..... ANOTHER trim level between lariat and raptor probably wouldn't sell enough to really warrant it
Yep I agree and kind of what I was implying above. Ranger is going to have show some serious traction to get more trims.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
but if they had offered the Tremor from the get go (assuming its the US variant of the Wildtrak), there might have been a bit more enthusiasm i think
Exactly. IMO, the non Raptor variants all look like cookie cutter truck (compared to new Tacoma). I never cared for the current gen ranger either TILL the Tremor came out (almost a TRD version of Ford). Stock AT 32s, fox suspension lift, OR switches and Tremor seats offer a far better package than the typical FX, Sports etc. I have Taco friends who've driven my truck and really loved it (over their slowass Tacoma).

Hence why I'm gonna stick around and see if Ford releases a Tremor by '25 in the 6th gen...if not, might go the new Tacoma route. I do love the Raptor but for my needs, it's completely overkill (and expensive!). Tremor fits my budget and both aesthetics and practicality needs.

Off topic, I was at Costco yesterday and walking back to my truck and saw a elderly man checking it out. We stuck a conversation and he showed me his FX parked over the next aisle. He said the Tremor came out a year later and if he had known, he'd just waited for the Tremor.
Sponsored