• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

What features are on the world model but missing from the US model?

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
The US definitely has multiple options/models/trims yet to be seen for the Ranger but it may be a while. It’s the bridge between the Mav and F150 so my OCD would like it to split the difference of everything. Maverick has 3 trims with a Tremor package and 2 drivetrains; 8 F150 trims with a Tremor as an entire model, 5 available drivetrain, and 6 cab-bed combo.

I highly doubt we will see a standard cab Ranger in the US ever again but an access cab is feasible and there is overwhelming demand for a longer bed. Once more I will say we’ve seen both being driven around the states.

With the intro of the Raptor and the most popular F150 engine as an option, Ford has bought themselves time before added another trim. We’ve gotten a significant upgrade even over the 5G for a historically barebones vehicle. I was blown away when they announced leather seats!

And let’s be real here… A King Ranch would be 10x more cool than a Platinum.
Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
[QUOTE="DirtyRanger, post: 135043, member: 6189"

And let’s be real here… A King Ranch would be 10x more cool than a Platinum.
[/QUOTE]
I personally would rather have a Platinum vs a King Ranch
That is why I have a Platinum just saying not everyone thinks a King Ranch is 10x cooler.
That is just my personal opinion and you have a wright to yours.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
I mean as far as names go King Ranch and Platinum are both kind of dumb. Of course what the heck do XLT and Lariat mean? I rather we get rid of trims altogether and you order what you want.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I mean as far as names go King Ranch and Platinum are both kind of dumb. Of course what the heck do XLT and Lariat mean? I rather we get rid of trims altogether and you order what you want.
King Ranch is named after King Ranch in South Texas which is the largest ranch in the US. It’s western themed and the logo you see on KR vehicles is the brand from the King Ranch. The leather is supposed to resemble saddle leather.

Platinum is a rare expensive metal. That’s pretty straight forward.

XLT used to be the top trim on Ford vehicles above the XL. Then they came out with Limited, then King Ranch, Titanium, Platinum, etc.

Lariat is the name for the rope used by cowboys. In old Ford trucks this just meant a trim that was higher end.

End of the day all trim names are just as contrived as the next. For example you need a decoder ring to figure out which MB or BMW model you’re looking at. Chevy has a trim level called the Bison. Trim levels are just a way to package features together to simplify the combinations needed in a factory which reduces costs.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
There was a time when XLT was Xtra Luxury Treatment
In the 70's Ford F100 trucks were Custom, Ranger, Ranger XLT and top of the line was a Ranger Lariat.

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

Lexx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
There’s no reason Ford didn’t offer the wildtrak trim here. Really disappointed

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
They will release more trims with time. First jobs are usually limited in options in order to facilitate increased quality/minimize variance for learning.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
There’s no reason Ford didn’t offer the wildtrak trim here. Really disappointed
I’ve been curious about this as well. When originally launched it was the luxury off-road trim in 2009 if I remember correctly. Bronco brought that trim idea to the US market but it’s interesting what’s going to develop from that considering the truck line has been Tremor focused. Ford has been expanding into that market with the Timberline series on their big SUV’s as well. Puts the Ranger in an awkward spot currently. I have no insights on it so I’m also itching to see what name the trim will fall under. Perhaps maybe we will see a Tremor package return but get a Wildtrak model carrying the 2.7. Tough to say if the Tremor package will exist. Possibly a Tremor model like the F-150 instead of Wildtrak to avoid catabolizing themselves with a package that could net close or equal to Wildtrak off-road ruggedness.

Ford has a tier of off-road vehicles they are trying to go for. Always so far it’s been DR1 or Desert Runner Tier 1 which has been Raptor models. The current F-150 Tremor model is the first of the new DR2 (Tier 2) program and I’m interested to see if they stick with it and make a DR2 Ranger (Tremor/Wildtrak)

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve been curious about this as well. When originally launched it was the luxury off-road trim in 2009 if I remember correctly. Bronco brought that trim idea to the US market but it’s interesting what’s going to develop from that considering the truck line has been Tremor focused. Ford has been expanding into that market with the Timberline series on their big SUV’s as well. Puts the Ranger in an awkward spot currently. I have no insights on it so I’m also itching to see what name the trim will fall under. Perhaps maybe we will see a Tremor package return but get a Wildtrak model carrying the 2.7. Tough to say if the Tremor package will exist. Possibly a Tremor model like the F-150 instead of Wildtrak to avoid catabolizing themselves with a package that could net close or equal to Wildtrak off-road ruggedness.

Ford has a tier of off-road vehicles they are trying to go for. Always so far it’s been DR1 or Desert Runner Tier 1 which has been Raptor models. The current F-150 Tremor model is the first of the new DR2 (Tier 2) program and I’m interested to see if they stick with it and make a DR2 Ranger (Tremor/Wildtrak)
I think you’re spot on. It’s unlikely that Ford offers both a Wildtrak and a Tremor version. Given that there are no Wildtrak pickups offered in NA and the Maverick and F150 both get a Tremor model, if there is an off road focused model of the Ranger below the Raptor it will be called Tremor. If I had to guess it would be with a 2.7, Bilstein shocks with a slightly higher ride height and have 32” A/T tires, 4A, and fender flares. Your off-road lineup would then be FX4>Tremor>Raptor. There might even be a Raptor 35 package or some other halo trim above the Raptor released mid cycle when things get underway and they feel sales dipping a bit after initial release. Ford did not leave themselves much room between the Lariat 2.3 and the Raptor to fit both the 2.7L upgrade and whatever a Tremor package/trim would cost. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
Pretty sure we'll see the Tremor trim coming up in year 2. Returned from Fiji some months ago and 6th gen is already on the road ..spotted several fx and wildtrak versions and the new Raptor as well (apparently, the only one on the island and belonged to a real estate guru...$160k Fijian dollars!!.)

I'm paying off my '21 Tremor end of next year but only will trade her if a tremor trim comes out for the 6th gen...if not, will keep mine for a while.
Sponsored