• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor hold released today

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
If Ford was even more transparent about these type of issues, the auto media & enthusiasts would have a field day and would blame quality control, a host of other non-sensical and non-related issues, and inevitably Ford's stock price would take a hit.

If true, the paint adhesion could have been on early test vehicles, as they're getting the plant up and running, as part of the switchover, and it's normal. The broader public doesn't need to know this. We're collectively stupid. Same with the ABS module - might be new, might be different, might be a new supplier, and all of that are things that get sorted before delivery. Again...why do we need to know these things?
I simply said that rumors are a result of transparency and listed additional examples of the rumors that have been mentioned. Apologies for striking a nerve. Your assumptions and inferences are wrong as it relates to my view points :rolleyes:
Sponsored

SocalE90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I called Ford today and somehow got a ton more information than normally. They said my truck is on hold waiting for parts. It doesn't have a transfer case and a tow hitch both have been ordered on the 9th on expedite. Once those have been installed and quality checked my truck will ship they said. This is interesting as to other times I've reached out typically I get very limited information compared to this last call.
I can corroborate this. My raptor is on hold for the same issues. sounds like a slow re-ramp up of suppliers after the UAW strike.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I simply said that rumors are a result of transparency and listed additional examples of the rumors that have been mentioned. Apologies for striking a nerve. Your assumptions and inferences are wrong as it relates to my view points :rolleyes:
I was using that as an example, not calling you out. No nerve struck :LOL: It's more highlighting that there's plenty that happens that the wider public shouldn't know.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger
What would this constitute, exactly? What is enough for me (all of which we've already been privy to) evidently is not enough for you.
Look, I'm not under any misconceptions that anyone at Ford will or even should provide us with more than the basic level information of what's going on at the factory, which evidently IS enough for you. A quick cursory glance at just a couple of the multitude of threads around here will show that many folks are frustrated with the lack of forthcoming information.

Whether that is warranted or justified is not my call, nor is it yours, but what I CAN tell you about the situation is that it just plain sucks to find out that people with that information are actually reading this forum and "giggling" at the rumors, stories, and general misinformation that they COULD correct, but don't.

I suppose it would simply suffice to say, "I work for Ford, and I can confirm this rumor is false. That's all I can and will say about that."

But screw them for laughing at it.

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Look, I'm not under any misconceptions that anyone at Ford will or even should provide us with more than the basic level information of what's going on at the factory, which evidently IS enough for you. A quick cursory glance at just a couple of the multitude of threads around here will show that many folks are frustrated with the lack of forthcoming information.

Whether that is warranted or justified is not my call, nor is it yours, but what I CAN tell you about the situation is that it just plain sucks to find out that people with that information are actually reading this forum and "giggling" at the rumors, stories, and general misinformation that they COULD correct, but don't.

I suppose it would simply suffice to say, "I work for Ford, and I can confirm this rumor is false. That's all I can and will say about that."

But screw them for laughing at it.
Within any of these large OEMs, there are so many legal hurdles for anything comms related, simply because there always someone looking for a handout and wanting to sue for the silliest of reasons. I agree, it would be nice, but there are comms & legal teams for a reason. And broadly speaking, the direction is never put anything in writing. Chances are, connected folks like All Terrain Nation hear what's actually true...and they do their best to curtail such rumors...but again, they are limited in what they can say or type.

Not sure what industry you work in, but I am sure you have giggled once or twice about something silly a customer did or said. I know I have. It's not disparage anyone. It eases the daily monotony.

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
One rumor was the media event that just happened. The release of the regular rangers basically aligns and no Raptors have been delivered yet. Raptor blackout lifts tomorrow so will be intresting to see if the shipping gates open.

I had also heard there were paint adhesion issues and abs module concerns. Lots of rumors floating which is the result of Ford not providing more transparency.

There were some recent constraints referenced in the scheduling bulletin too.

My bet is on the media event and tomorrow will prove it right or wrong.

My Raptor was shipped over a week ago. My estimated delivery is the 23rd on the tracker. We'll see if it comes that soon.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
You should be able to pull up the window sticker for each of these and track them on the pizza tracker to see if they have shipped or not.

To get the order# from the window sticker, under the "Item #" box, the 4 digit order number is after the first 2 digits.

eg: Item#: 12-3456 O/T 1 ----> order # is 3456.
Of the 4 Raptors shown in CNY, 3 are showing in production (mid-Jan to Mid-Feb) and none show as built or shipped. The fourth is schedule for production next week. I know this isn't a complete list of orders for CNY since mine isn't showing up in list.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of the 4 Raptors shown in CNY, 3 are showing in production (mid-Jan to Mid-Feb) and none show as built or shipped. The fourth is schedule for production next week. I know this isn't a complete list of orders for CNY since mine isn't showing up in list.
Yeah I think the orders that show up via that tool are "stock", but our customer orders would be considered "retail". This might be incorrect but it's the assumption I've made on why only some show up.

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
They don’t build trucks with out a transfer case lol..
I was at the plant today and had some great conversations.. They giggled with some of the stuff they read on here. The Rumors
When are the reviews for the raptors releasing ?

Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I think the orders that show up via that tool are "stock", but our customer orders would be considered "retail". This might be incorrect but it's the assumption I've made on why only some show up.
That could be, though mine was never changed from stock to retail and it hasn't shown up in my searches either.

PawnX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I thought the raptor's are stock orders only? Maybe that's changed since way back when.

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
Within any of these large OEMs, there are so many legal hurdles for anything comms related, simply because there always someone looking for a handout and wanting to sue for the silliest of reasons. I agree, it would be nice, but there are comms & legal teams for a reason. And broadly speaking, the direction is never put anything in writing. Chances are, connected folks like All Terrain Nation hear what's actually true...and they do their best to curtail such rumors...but again, they are limited in what they can say or type.

Not sure what industry you work in, but I am sure you have giggled once or twice about something silly a customer did or said. I know I have. It's not disparage anyone. It eases the daily monotony.
I was able to talk with some key people yesterday at MAP and can say they are cranking some trucks out! I wish I could go into all the details but I will say EVERY truck leaving the building has all of its parts on it once it leaves the building. The only thing not installed was bedliner which is done at a different building on the campus. I asked all the "Hold" questions and they have no idea where these rumors come from. I would say mostly from a friend of a friend and so on.
The men and women at MAP are doing a great job in a tough environment. They know the delays and would like to see the fruits of their labor enjoyed and used.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I was able to talk with some key people yesterday at MAP and can say they are cranking some trucks out! I wish I could go into all the details but I will say EVERY truck leaving the building has all of its parts on it once it leaves the building. The only thing not installed was bedliner which is done at a different building on the campus. I asked all the "Hold" questions and they have no idea where these rumors come from. I would say mostly from a friend of a friend and so on.
The men and women at MAP are doing a great job in a tough environment. They know the delays and would like to see the fruits of their labor enjoyed and used.
FUD is one of the worst products of social media, including forums. Easy to start and hard to kill.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my neighbor's grandma said that they accidentally installed the 2.7 engine in the first 5000 trucks built and now they have to go to the garbage dump. Yeah and my dog's aunt told me there were software issues that had to be patched and nothing could be shipped until that happened.

Oh! Then the church newsletter mentioned trucks were getting held back so the J-braces could be installed, but only if the truck was built on the first thursday of the month. And then Chris Farley (Jim Farley's cousin, you might know him) emailed me personally to say that the UAW was striking again and refusing to ship trucks to people who don't profess their undying support for the workers of america on the ranger6g forums.

I can't believe Ford would do this.
Sponsored