• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor Issue- Dealer sold underneath me

OP
OP
Eleven

Eleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Wealth Management
You're in a tough spot. I'd do 2 things,

1. Accept the 2nd allocation and order it just the way you want it, and make sure you have a sales contract along with an expected delivery date.

2. What I did was go on autotrader and cars dot come and do searches for Ranger Raptors. When I started there were only 30 - 40 Raptors available, now there are about 150. I contacted the dealers that didn't have exorbitant ADMs, and got wait listed on about 15 of them. 2 weeks later I got 4 emails offering me their allocation. I took the one that let me order it the way I wanted it (Vaughn Ford Oakdale, LA).

There will be allocations coming available from people that are tired of waiting, or won't pay a dime above MSRP.

So do both, and give yourself lots of options.
Seems like a solid play and how would you approach if they do this twice in a row on the future allocation?
Sponsored

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I don't know enough legally about the options, but I would write up a bad review, try to keep emotions out of it because you want readers to take it seriously. I usually write it out on Notepad, then rewrite it off and on over 4 or 5 days. The quality of the writing is important if you want people to take it seriously and actually read it.

Then I would find every review board I could, Ford, Ranger, Google, Yelp, and copy and paste it in to each one, maybe changing the very beginning, "Thank you Google reviews for giving me this platform:" Then change it to Yelp, etc.

Then leave old tires in their new car lot. Or buy an old junker for $50 with no title and park it in with their new cars and leave it. Throw an empty whiskey bottle in on the seat and the Sales Managers card just for effect. :)

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
You're in a tough spot. I'd do 2 things,

1. Accept the 2nd allocation and order it just the way you want it, and make sure you have a sales contract along with an expected delivery date.

2. What I did was go on autotrader and cars dot come and do searches for Ranger Raptors. When I started there were only 30 - 40 Raptors available, now there are about 150. I contacted the dealers that didn't have exorbitant ADMs, and got wait listed on about 15 of them. 2 weeks later I got 4 emails offering me their allocation. I took the one that let me order it the way I wanted it (Vaughn Ford Oakdale, LA).

There will be allocations coming available from people that are tired of waiting, or won't pay a dime above MSRP.

So do both, and give yourself lots of options.
I second these exact options. That's how I found mine.

I would add -

3. When cold calling these dealerships. If you are calling for a Ranger Raptor you see newly listed/or available through Autotrader, have their stock number ready. Do not start the conversation with, "Do you have that Ranger Raptor?, Can I order a Ranger Raptor?"

Generalize your request buy stating you are interested in a vehicle they may have on their lot or in transit. I would like to know if the vehicle has been spoken for.

If it has been spoken for, do you have the availability to place a new order for me? Do you have the allocation for a Ranger Raptor.

Conversation like this gets you a long way with the salesman or woman, they most often will help you out. At the end of the day, they just want to make the sale. There are a number of places that are selling for MSRP. Do not pay any ADM.

Sponsored

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
We actually both built the same truck haha black Ranger Raptor, with decals, beadlock tires and spray in bed liner. So from my understanding it’s his name on the order but he backed out hence the dealer kept it as a dealer allocation, it just so happened I wanted the same thing and the dealer said they already ordered one exactly like that back in November. Didn’t know at the time it was a customer order ( Employee) who backed out of the deal and they got me in line for it…. Now the employee wants the truck back and he get priority even after I was told this was my dealer allocation. Super confusing not sure if it makes sense… dealer now built a new allocation with my name on it and sent it to me which would be the second allocation I referenced.
If you are going to re-order another one. Do not get the beadlock wheels. Just my opinion.

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/17-beadlock-capable-wheels-worth-the-cost.8827/

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
I didn't order them either. Expensive, and I believe it says "beadlock capable." which means you have to spend even more money.

Besides, the ones they chose for the RR look like ugly ass pot metal.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I’d burn that bridge and find a new dealer. They screwed you once, what’s to stop them from doing it again? If you can’t get in contact with the GM on a problem of this magnitude, they don’t want to help you anyway.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Hey everyone, I'm new here on the forum. I'm reaching out because I've encountered an issue with a dealership and could use some advice. Back in November 2, 2023, I purchased a Ranger Raptor. I was allocated the vehicle, paid a $500 deposit, and received a buyer's order. However, recently I was informed that the vehicle was no longer allocated to me due to a mishap where it was sold to someone else by mistake.

Despite having made my initial deposit and signed a buyer's agreement, the dealership claimed they couldn't rectify the situation as the other buyer had put down a deposit as well. Feeling frustrated, I escalated the matter to the general manager but couldn't get in touch. Instead, I spoke with a sales manager who had initially agreed to the sale back in November.

The sales manager insisted they couldn't fix the situation, citing the other buyer's deposit. I suspected they might be trying to profit by selling the vehicle for more. When I complained formally to the dealership, they reached out again and offered me a second allocation of a Ranger Raptor 2024 at MSRP.

Now, I'm torn between pursuing the first Raptor, which is scheduled to be built by March 8 and has a VIN number, or accepting the second allocation, which isn't guaranteed and might come much later, possibly in 2025. The dealership assures me they'll honor the MSRP for the second allocation whenever it arrives, but I'm concerned they might sell it out from under me again. Any advice on what I should do?

PS: Reminds me of the hellcat situation where the dealer sold underneath them.
In the bottom row of the document it says this is not a contract for sale, but I do have another doc showing my card information where the deposit was taken out for an Order ID allocation as no vin was provided at the time.

IMG_F44603B69E85-1.jpeg
Looks like a $5k ADM on the first deal. Don't think I'd trust them to do MSRP on the second.

OP
OP
Eleven

Eleven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Wealth Management
Looks like a $5k ADM on the first deal. Don't think I'd trust them to do MSRP on the second.
Yes I agreed to a 5k mark up ADM on the first deal as here in Texas it’s unheard of getting a Raptor at MSRP

Sponsored

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Seems to me the first guy backed out and you got it second so he gave up his right for the truck, you haven’t backed out. Not much you can really do, it’s the dealers truck

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Since I have no life but have all my RR modules turned-on now but no "built" checkmark.....
I searched for RR's advertised on autotrader and cars dot com. Some had window stickers and I could see the blend dates, and if the blend date has passed. I then plugged in those VINs into the Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com) Module Build Data (As-Built)
and then could see if those vehicles had their modules populated with the spreadsheet data and had a "Tear Sheet".
If I were looking for a possible vehicle available or where someone might have backed-out, those would be the ones to consider focusing inquiring about whether the allocation is available or to be put on a wait list in case the original party backs-out.
My first post as a new member on the "Built status" thread on Tuesday explains how I kinda lucked-out. Not gloating - those that have been and are still waiting for "Production" deserve a lot of credit.

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I bought one in Texas at MSRP. I would go the second one without the markup. The dealer I ordered from is a smallish dealer. They already have a 2nd Raptor coming. I know because they screwed up and used my email address for the 2nd one and it will be built in April.

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
Howdy,

Good luck buddy. I’m sure it will all work out in your favor.

This might work. Go into the dealership (do not call them) and make sure to keep your cool. See if the GM is there and Sales Manager, then just talk it out. If they are not there, then go back in a few days. Try not to run high on emotions and let them know you want to continue business with them but need this issue remedied. I’m sure it will work out.

I wouldn’t threaten them with bad reviews or anything, that could make it worse. Wish you the best, if it doesn’t work out start making some calls to other dealers in your area.

On the plus side there will be a lot of Rangers showing up on lots this summer with buyers backing out. Happens all the time for special orders, you would be surprised. You might even be able to snag a Raptor for under MSRP because the car market has tanked. Good luck. 🍀

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Yes I agreed to a 5k mark up ADM on the first deal as here in Texas it’s unheard of getting a Raptor at MSRP
I got an MSRP deal here in TX. Although it's a small dealer about 4 hours away. Same dealer that sold me my 22 GT500 (their only allocation for 2022) for MSRP. There are MSRP dealers out there, you just have to find them. But to your point, I never found a dealer in DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, or Amarillo do MSRP. I suggest small east TX and west TX dealers.
Sponsored

Last edited: