• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger RAPTOR V6 FORScan spreadsheet?

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Velocity Blue
Checking in, has anyone gotten Forscan to work yet with their RR? Are people using the Android/iOS version or the laptop version?
Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Checking in, has anyone gotten Forscan to work yet with their RR? Are people using the Android/iOS version or the laptop version?
I hooked up with my laptop last week and was able to connect but that's all I was checking. Need to check Android next.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hooked up with my laptop last week and was able to connect but that's all I was checking. Need to check Android next.
Which version did you use, free or paid for?

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Which version did you use, free or paid for?
On laptop, the free 2 month trial.

For Android, I have the demo I need to check for compatibility. If it works then I'll buy the license, it's only $7.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On laptop, the free 2 month trial.

For Android, I have the demo I need to check for compatibility. If it works then I'll buy the license, it's only $7.
OK, let me know how the Android works out. I may go that route.

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
OK, let me know how the Android works out. I may go that route.
Couldn't get Android Demo to work. Couldn't establish a connection. Don't have a BT OBD2 dongle so used the USB cable I used for the laptop but no dice. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra so not sure if it's a phone issue, cable issue, or app issue not recognizing MY24 Ranger.

I did get the laptop to read modules and tested a write to allow fogs on with high beams- that worked so I'll look at doing other changes later. A lot of stuff on the modules including AS/S and chimes but I've read newer models aren't successful at disabling some of those things. But it's in there for anyone who wants to try.

Ford Ranger Ranger RAPTOR V6 FORScan spreadsheet? 20240524_233105

Ford Ranger Ranger RAPTOR V6 FORScan spreadsheet? 20240524_234014

Last edited:

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any
Couldn't get Android Demo to work. Couldn't establish a connection. Don't have a BT OBD2 dongle so used the USB cable I used for the laptop but no dice. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra so not sure if it's a phone issue, cable issue, or app issue not recognizing MY24 Ranger.

I did get the laptop to read modules and tested a write to allow fogs on with high beams- that worked so I'll look at doing other changes later. A lot of stuff on the modules including AS/S and chimes but I've read newer models aren't successful at disabling some of those things. But it's in there for anyone who wants to try.

20240524_233105.jpg

20240524_234014.jpg
Any chance you can share the link to where you got the windows version to try?

Edit: I found it but do I install windows version first and then get two months license or get license first?

Last edited:

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Any

Any chance you can share the link to where you got the windows version to try?
https://forscan.org/download.html

The first link is Forscan for Windows. The 4th link is for the free 2 month license. You can get unlimited free licenses, just have to click that link every 2 months.

There's a ton of tutorials on YouTube if it gets confusing. I'm still learning, myself.

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, I got in with my OBDLink LX that I had used for coding on my motorcycle. I really didnt know what everything meant but I was able to code my fogs to work with high beams. Big woop.

I need to find a sheet that works with the "as built" for this truck so I can really make changes.

Main thing I want is to get rid of the stupid seatbelt warning when you get in the car. Also, it would be nice if there was a way to code the gear indicator showing in Normal drive mode, not just Sport mode. I was able to code this in Audi cars.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Not a raptor, but I got rid of the doo, doo, doo chime with the door open etc. still early days, so I didnt go any further, but may try some more shortly. Windows trail version.

JustNick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6, Audi Q5, Bronco II, R Raptor (ordered}
Looking forward to see if the Matrix headlights can be activated via forscan on the RR. I came very close to getting them activated on my A6 and I was very excited to see the RR has it elsewhere in the world. Fingers crossed its as simple as a coding change unlike my Audi that requires an extensive reprogram of a module or two with dealer tools
Sponsored