• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Shelter Green Metallic opinions?

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I'm in disbelief that the flagship Code Orange is missing! No other color matches the Code Orange interior highlights.
Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Ordinarily, I'm really not into greens all that much but I absolutely love this color and so that's what I ordered. I'd originally wanted to get an F-150 Raptor in either Velocity Blue or Cactus Gray but now I can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a Raptor. I'm sure the Ranger will be the same way, eventually, but I'll enjoy the exclusivity of the Shelter Green Metallic while I can. But it's not just the rarity, I really do think it pops, especially in the sun. I'm on the fence with whether or not the interior orange accents clash with the Shelter Green. Maybe a different accent would look better but I'm not sure what. Maybe I'll do some photoshop and see what other colors would go well. Or maybe not, it might depress me over something I can't change lol.

Reactions: MJE

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I could see them bringing out Code Orange with the retail orders. The Bronco’s launch color was Cyber Orange and that’s not available anymore. Who knows, they may axe Shelter Green in favor of something else. I love the brightness of Eruption, but Shelter reminds me of the Epsom Green on P38 Range Rovers. Really subtle unless in direct sunlight, but gorgeous with a ceramic coat.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I didn’t get it because I did not want to spend the next four years insisting that my brown truck is actually green.

Code orange is going away pretty much for good. The 24 BRaptor was seen testing in Shelter Green.

I ended up with CGM because I did not want a work truck and I think the black on black “murdered out” look has worn itself out.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
Went with Iconic Silver due to the contrast and the code orange interior highlights. To me -and i haven't seen this in person - reminds me of baby sh*% brown.... Root beer is a good descriptor

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Went with Iconic Silver due to the contrast and the code orange interior highlights. To me -and i haven't seen this in person - reminds me of baby sh*% brown.... Root beer is a good descriptor
I imagine it will work just like the tri coats do. When it’s overcast, dark, shaded, or dirty it will look one color. When it’s sunny and the truck is clean it will show it’s depth. In other words it will look brown 90% of the time unless you live in Southern California and wash your truck weekly. My Ruby Red Metallic Ex is the same way.

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
but Ruby Red is awesome in all lights. Just ask an owner of a Rapid Red GT500 and an 03 Redfire Cobra..... Red rocks. Can't do HPR - too Orange for this guy.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
but Ruby Red is awesome in all lights. Just ask an owner of a Rapid Red GT500 and an 03 Redfire Cobra..... Red rocks. Can't do HPR - too Orange for this guy.
Oh I love Ruby Red. In fact I was able to find a model paint manufacturer in Europe that clones Ford paint codes but scales the flake for model kits. It’s a true three stage kit and the plan was to build a die cast clone of my Ex for display. But the reality is that it looks like a pretty standard red until it’s washed and under the sun when it becomes a jewel. My original order was HPR but I decided that that it simply clashed too much. I didn’t want to be driving it and have the gloss code orange right in front of the hood in HPR. Plus there are certain angles inside the cabin where you actually will see the exterior paint in the door jambs and I just couldn’t deal. Changed to CGM because I’m now planning on doing some vinyl and powder coat accents on the exterior in a very loud neon yellow-green. Since Ford won’t give me what I want in a paint job I’ll have to figure it out for myself.

Sponsored

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Twenty five posts and not one picture of the color in discussion? lol

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Agree with your assessment above! Had the exact same thoughts - orange accents vs. exterior color etc. I'll most likely keep it clean and won't mod the exterior except for lighting.

Here is the Shelby.

Ford Ranger Shelter Green Metallic opinions? Shelby post wash

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Agree with your assessment above! Had the exact same thoughts - orange accents vs. exterior color etc. I'll most likely keep it clean and won't mod the exterior except for lighting.

Here is the Shelby.

Shelby post wash.jpg
My god that’s stunning.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Twenty five posts and not one picture of the color in discussion? lol
It’s the launch color so any of the preview videos from Ford, the hands on videos on YT of the launch event, and images from the car websites will have it.

This photo represents the best it will ever look, clear skies, clean vehicle, golden hour sun. Most of the time it will look brown. Just do some searching for other photos.

Ford Ranger Shelter Green Metallic opinions? IMG_2068

Reactions: MJE

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Oh, THAT color. IMO that's the ugliest color ever used on a Ford truck since Harvest Gold. That color looks like gold and brown had a baby, and I hate gold and brown. This isn't 1974. Yuck.
Sponsored