• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Shots Fired! 2024 Toyota Tacoma vs 2024 Ford Ranger Comparison by Toyota

Underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC, 1998 Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired
Toyota going after the Ranger.

Released on YouTube 3 hours ago.

Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Iā€™m brand agnostic so I donā€™t have a dog in the fight, but itā€™s kinda comical how much info Toyota omitted about the Ranger in that video. They made it seem like they had more options in every category but they mostly skipped a bunch of things on the Ranger that were at parity or better. Pretty dubious.

On top of that, their prices are eye watering. They make the Ranger look reasonable and the Colorado look downright cheap. The loaded hybrid Limited, Pro, and Trailhunter are all going to be $60k+ and you donā€™t even get the privilege of specing one out.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m brand agnostic so I donā€™t have a dog in the fight, but itā€™s kinda comical how much info Toyota omitted about the Ranger in that video. They made it seem like they had more options in every category but they mostly skipped a bunch of things on the Ranger that were at parity or better. Pretty dubious.

On top of that, their prices are eye watering. They make the Ranger look reasonable and the Colorado look downright cheap. The loaded hybrid Limited, Pro, and Trailhunter are all going to be $60k+ and you donā€™t even get the privilege of specing one out.
I agree. I would genuinely like a video highlighting the differences between the trucks, but this video just drones on about the Tacoma and doesn't really compare much at all. It almost seemed ChatGPT generated.

Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I agree. I would genuinely like a video highlighting the differences between the trucks, but this video just drones on about the Tacoma and doesn't really compare much at all. It almost seemed ChatGPT generated.
You're gonna have to wait for TFL Truck or AlexOnAutos to do a video like that.

Wisdumb

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1952 IH R-110, 1974 C3 Stingray, 1981 Yamaha G1
Occupation
IT Manager
It bothers me that Toyota says "There's no equivalent to Toyota's adaptive variable suspension" on the Ranger Raptor when the RR has Fox live valve and they are essentially the same system.
Seems disingenuous to say RR has no comparison to a proprietary Toyota system that is only different in name.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
Ya gotta take YT reviews with a grain of salt as it totally depends on the reviewer and most are already biased towards Taco in general. Not to mention the fact that ya might be able to get the RR on msrp VS Toyota adding $5k markups on the TRD Off-Road.....

Just like when the twins came out with the fulgy plastic air dam in the front, the same reviewers were laughing about it. Now that new Taco comes with it, it's become a "feature" and it's a "special design element from Toyota engineers"!

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
I think this is a better video

Last edited:

Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
Ford could make a version of this and do the same thing. Ranger has A,B,C and D. Tacoma also has A,B,C, and D, but does not offer Trailer Backup Assist on any trim level. I'd like the 10 minutes I spent watching this video back. The only thing I took from it is how similar the two really are. Either would probably be a good choice. I don't think there are any bad choices in the category as a whole really.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It bothers me that Toyota says "There's no equivalent to Toyota's adaptive variable suspension" on the Ranger Raptor when the RR has Fox live valve and they are essentially the same system.
Seems disingenuous to say RR has no comparison to a proprietary Toyota system that is only different in name.
AVS is not the Fox Suspension parts they put on the TRD PRO (and RRaptor), it's an electronically managed variable suspension they put on the Limited Trim only. At this point, you can't get it on the Limited yet anyway. Also, the TRD PRO will probably get around 26mpg as opposed to the 14.5 on RRaptor. I know people say that you don't buy these trucks for MPG, but damn. If my RRaptor doesn't schedule before I can get a Taco, then I'll probably move that way. I am losing confidence that I will ever see a RRaptor this year. I personally like the look of the Taco better than the Lariat and XLT Rangers.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
AVS is not the Fox Suspension parts they put on the TRD PRO (and RRaptor), it's an electronically managed variable suspension they put on the Limited Trim only. At this point, you can't get it on the Limited yet anyway. Also, the TRD PRO will probably get around 26mpg as opposed to the 14.5 on RRaptor. I know people say that you don't buy these trucks for MPG, but damn. If my RRaptor doesn't schedule before I can get a Taco, then I'll probably move that way. I am losing confidence that I will ever see a RRaptor this year. I personally like the look of the Taco better than the Lariat and XLT Rangers.
RR gets 17mpg

Xyotafella

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Tacoma Off Road
Occupation
Machinist
Surprised at the hybrid warranty on the Toyotaā€¦..one way to help people accept it I guess. I bet real world youā€™ll get 14-15 in the Raptor and 17-18 in the new Tacoma. I just canā€™t do a 4-cylinder hybrid, who wants a hybrid truck I mean come on. Not to mention it is ugly, way to many things I donā€™t like. Looks like they tried too hard to make it look cool. Ranger just seems to blend well and not stand out like a sore thumb. Iā€™m happy with my order and will wait patiently for it to be sitting in my driveway.
Sponsored

Last edited: