• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
I have an XLT and want to get a tailgate pad for carrying bikes in the bed.

Anybody try one yet on the new Ranger and have any feedback on how it fits? I know some pads seem not to work well with the F-150 because of the tailgate shape and wonder if the Ranger has the same issue.

EDIT - I already have a great hitch rack (1UP); I want a tailgate pad as an alternative.

EDIT #2 - I bought the Race Face T2 and it fits very well. See post below.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cboggs

First Name
Curtiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger

Anybody try one yet on the new Ranger and have any feedback on how it fits? I know some pads seem not to work well with the F-150 because of the tailgate shape and wonder if the Ranger has the same issue.
I have not, but I did put on a Yakima hold up with a hitch extender. Both are on sale right now. Got it set up so that I can still put the tailgate down.

Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger E53F0A25-891D-4E7A-A5B3-B3A9F584A2F1

Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger C35FEC38-0895-420B-B0F9-0B1B7CAAFAE4

DETROITSTATEOFMIND

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Car Designer

I have a DaKine DLX large pad for my F150, it fits the Ranger perfectly and the flap is in the perfect spot for the camera.

DETROITSTATEOFMIND

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Car Designer
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, this was a Ranger Raptor I borrowed from work (I'm a designer at Ford) I manged to get 4 full size mountain bikes in the bed no problem FYI

OP
OP
markal49

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
I have a DaKine DLX large pad for my F150, it fits the Ranger perfectly and the flap is in the perfect spot for the camera.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, this was a Ranger Raptor I borrowed from work (I'm a designer at Ford) I manged to get 4 full size mountain bikes in the bed no problem FYI
thanks. I’ll check that one out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
markal49

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
I have not, but I did put on a Yakima hold up with a hitch extender. Both are on sale right now. Got it set up so that I can still put the tailgate down.

E53F0A25-891D-4E7A-A5B3-B3A9F584A2F1.jpeg

C35FEC38-0895-420B-B0F9-0B1B7CAAFAE4.jpeg
I have a 1Up hitch rack, but sometimes I want to carry them in the bed.

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Engineer

I got myself this here: https://rockymounts.com/products/ford-ranger-track-system.html

That kit is for the older Ranger, so one has to cut the bar to fit. The bed turns out to be a tad short, so that the bike needs to get angled. Actually comes in handy, as you can wedge in the rear tire, so that the bike hold stable without any additional support. Position is actually quite nice for a Tri/TT bike as well.

My rationale was that I wanted to get the bike(s) out of the airstream (and rocks), as well as avoid having to reuse the hitch.

Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger P_20240508_105539
Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger P_20240508_105637
Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger P_20240508_105649

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

This is by far the best bike rack you can get for your truck. It costs a bit more than a pad, but it's so worth it! It takes literally a few seconds to set up, and you don't have to leave an ugly pad on your truck all the time. Also because of it's placement on the tailgate, it gives more room in the bed.

I have a tri-fold tonneau, and I don't have to lift it all the way up to fit my bikes. When I take it on a trip and I'm not biking, I can take it off in 2 seconds and it fits in the bed.

https://latchitrack.com/collections/preorder-latchit-rack-bike-racks/products/preorder-small-ls100

Reactions: DMC
OP
OP
markal49

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
I got myself this here: https://rockymounts.com/products/ford-ranger-track-system.html

That kit is for the older Ranger, so one has to cut the bar to fit. The bed turns out to be a tad short, so that the bike needs to get angled. Actually comes in handy, as you can wedge in the rear tire, so that the bike hold stable without any additional support. Position is actually quite nice for a Tri/TT bike as well.

My rationale was that I wanted to get the bike(s) out of the airstream (and rocks), as well as avoid having to reuse the hitch.

P_20240508_105539.jpg
P_20240508_105637.jpg
P_20240508_105649.jpg
Pretty nice.

OP
OP
markal49

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
This is by far the best bike rack you can get for your truck. It costs a bit more than a pad, but it's so worth it! It takes literally a few seconds to set up, and you don't have to leave an ugly pad on your truck all the time. Also because of it's placement on the tailgate, it gives more room in the bed.

I have a tri-fold tonneau, and I don't have to lift it all the way up to fit my bikes. When I take it on a trip and I'm not biking, I can take it off in 2 seconds and it fits in the bed.

https://latchitrack.com/collections/preorder-latchit-rack-bike-racks/products/preorder-small-ls100
Interesting. Never seen those before.

Sponsored

coryyyy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I went with this one. It was on sale about a month ago for $99 and it works perfectly for my needs.

Edit: I went with mid-size.
Ford Ranger Tailgate pad for bikes on the ‘24 Ranger IMG_4658

OP
OP
markal49

markal49

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT w/ FX4
Occupation
Planner
I went with this one. It was on sale about a month ago for $99 and it works perfectly for my needs.

Edit: I went with mid-size.
IMG_4658.jpg
I missed out on that sale! I think there is only large left.

joordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger wildtrak 2023
Tried several, and they all do not work well for different reasons.
Now got the dakine universal pad, and finally got it right

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
I have a friend who had a race face on his f150. My opinion is you should vinyl wrap your entire tailgate before putting any ScratchMaster 3000 on your truck, because his tailgate is ruined because of dirt and dust getting between the fabric and the painted surface of the tailgate. The fabric vibrates and moves constantly, which turns it into straight up sandpaper. I like systems like the Yakima Biker Bar.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I have a friend who had a race face on his f150. My opinion is you should vinyl wrap your entire tailgate before putting any ScratchMaster 3000 on your truck, because his tailgate is ruined because of dirt and dust getting between the fabric and the painted surface of the tailgate. The fabric vibrates and moves constantly, which turns it into straight up sandpaper. I like systems like the Yakima Biker Bar.
This is another reason the latchit rack is good. You put your tailgate down to use it. It's also able to lock your bikes to your truck when you step away.

The other bad thing about the traditional pad, is that it puts a ton of stress on your bike frame. Modern tailgates are way too wide anymore.
Sponsored