Sponsored

Thermal Camera system installed... pretty cool gadget to avoid / notice wildlife

KayaPayaPigDog

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
238
Reaction score
524
Location
US
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Shelter Green
Occupation
US Navy
Hey guys, i just installed a Vantrue Pilot 2 system in my truck last weekend and it is awesome. All of my cars have Vantrue in them because they use the good Sony sensors. I have gone through 3 different systems in my Ranger and this is my final upgrade... if i were starting over, i would totally just get this thing and be done with it!

I know that some others have posted of some super high end thermal cameras that are in the range of several thousand dollars, and they are awesome, but i wasn't willing to drop that much money it it. This one is pretty sweet for 500 (just the thermal camera and the monitor) or 700 for the full 4 camera (thermal, front, rear and interior) system with the monitor.

Sponsored

 

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,002
Reaction score
3,869
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
Thats pretty cool.
 

Sharpie223

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
74
Reaction score
91
Location
E.Wa
Vehicle(s)
In-between atm
I've always thought something like this that could tie in to a HUD to highlight hazards on the windshield would be cool. But I'm going to look into the system you have because deer and elk are a constant hazard on my commute
 
OP
OP
KayaPayaPigDog

KayaPayaPigDog

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Mar 27, 2024
Threads
27
Messages
238
Reaction score
524
Location
US
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor Shelter Green
Occupation
US Navy
I've always thought something like this that could tie in to a HUD to highlight hazards on the windshield would be cool. But I'm going to look into the system you have because deer and elk are a constant hazard on my commute
I remember 5-10 years ago there was a Mercedes or Cadillac that did have the thermal image in the HUD and it was freaking awesome looking... i am amazed that hasn't become a more common thing.
 
 







Top