• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tonneau Covers

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
What are the advantages over a Bak-Flip?
Really a disadvantage with trifolds like the backflip is the blockage of the rear window. Can't run something long through window back into bed of truck.
Sponsored

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Really a disadvantage with trifolds like the backflip is the blockage of the rear window. Can't run something long through window back into bed of truck.
Run something long through window back into bed of truck...

OK...I wouldn't do that in the first place.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
That's why I always install a bakflip x4s roll top. Best of both worlds, secure, easy to use, doesn't block back glass, flexible.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
That's why I always install a bakflip x4s roll top. Best of both worlds, secure, easy to use, doesn't block back glass, flexible.
That's a nice tonneau cover. The roll-up style is definitely on my radar for my RR. But the main drawback of roll up covers is that they don't have the same strength and security as some harder covers, but they still have a sleeker design and can generally give better access to your bed storage. The right decision depends on what you want for your own vehicle and which cover seems to fit your needs the best.

Sponsored

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
I've been trying to decide between the rollup and foldup as well. Neither is a clear winner/loser for me yet. I'm wondering if there is more leakage on the X4S. It doesn't look like it has drain tubes like the MX4.

Last edited:

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had the x4s, or its current variant, on my last 5 trucks. It's the most flexible type of top there is that is still pretty secure. I'll never have anything different.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
That's a nice tonneau cover. The roll-up style is definitely on my radar for my RR. But the main drawback of roll up covers is that they don't have the same strength and security as some harder covers, but they still have a sleeker design and can generally give better access to your bed storage. The right decision depends on what you want for your own vehicle and which cover seems to fit your needs the best.
Line-X may have their version of that roll - does this look like it might be same?? I like to get more than one "acessory" at same place to attempt to get install costs reduced a little as I am not installing anything myself. https://www.linex.com/us/line-x-of-davenport-f1327/vehicle-accessories/tonneau-covers/eclipse

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

snowmanoz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
I've been debating this topic while waiting on the truck to arrive.

I'm keen on the Yakima OverHaul HD Rack and prefer a roll-up cover, but see photo below (borrowed from a Jeep forum) as I suspect the two are not compatible. At a min the cover might only roll up in front of the rack versus behind. Therefore I may need to run with a retractable cover, but being pretty weather proof is my concern there.

Ford Ranger Tonneau Covers SLCvpLGQTk6vufWg%9JupQ

Sponsored

snowmanoz

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Also.....does anyone know the dimension of bed to cabin roof, so one could figure out which rack height would work best for there needs? I found this guide in this post but it seems to not have this dimension.

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 4.15.45 PM.png

danmoochie

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
Sales manager
food for thought, the roll up has a soft vinyl cover on it, hard to keep clean and from dry rot or discoloring in hot weather areas, like me in Florida. The tri/folds are aluminum panels, easy to clean and wont peel crack or fade. I don't put anything through my window, so don'tcare about that. Plus the rollup have issues with the felt backer peeling off. Just my .02
Sponsored