• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

(video) RANGER RAPTOR 140L/37gal LONG RANGER FUEL TANK INSTALL

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know some people have asked about fuel tank mods recently. Here is a video of someone in AU doing it.

Sponsored

Last edited:

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
I seen this a while back. Cool idea but perhaps not too popular here in the states?

I mean gas is readily available in the states vs other parts of the world with more densely rural areas with no gas for hundreds of miles. Not saying those place don't exist here in the states as well, but I don't see many planning long trips without your wife letting you 😉 😘.

I see this reserved for only the enthusiast that take 600+ mile trips adventure, do not want to carry multiple 4g RotopaX, and have the chips for it. $2,000+ whatever installation is.

Saying that, I would totally buy it but maybe 🤔 I'll just get myself some RotopaX for a couple hundred bux instead.

OP
OP

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I seen this a while back. Cool idea but perhaps not too popular here in the states?

I mean gas is readily available in the states vs other parts of the world with more densely rural areas with no gas for hundreds of miles. Not saying those place don't exist here in the states as well, but I don't see many planning long trips without your wife letting you 😉 😘.

I see this reserved for only the enthusiast that take 600+ mile trips adventure, do not want to carry multiple 4g RotopaX, and have the chips for it. $2,000+ whatever installation is.

Saying that, I would totally buy it but maybe 🤔 I'll just get myself some RotopaX for a couple hundred bux instead.
The problem is when you tow and your MPGs get cut significantly. You really start to feel the pain of that small fuel tank when you're forced to stop every 3ish hours regardless of if you want to.

gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer.
I like the idea of that larger fuel tank because I do a lot of extended wilderness adventures. What I don't like about the one that is available in the US is it reduces the ground clearance a little.

Mike9816

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F-250 XLT Lariat 4X4, 2018 Escape 2.0L 4X4
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bougth a new Ranger in 1983 with twin fuel tanks. 600 mile range easily. Drove the length of Baja only needed fuel once each way.
My dad had one of those 90's F150s with dual tanks. Definitely a cool concept I wish we could still get from the factory.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Bougth a new Ranger in 1983 with twin fuel tanks. 600 mile range easily. Drove the length of Baja only needed fuel once each way.
oh yeah, I forgot about those. Owning a first gen ranger myself, I have seen very few rangers with that dual tank option. Super rare as they say 😊. Usually see them in the 2wd models. I have never seen them in the 4wd ones. Very rare option for those first gen rangers.

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
My dad had one of those 90's F150s with dual tanks. Definitely a cool concept I wish we could still get from the factory.
I think the Ram Chassis Cab diesel trucks might be the only ones that still offer sometime like that. Some crazy 74 Gallon capacity. I see it as a commercial purpose option nowadays, coming from the factory.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor