• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ordering - What Engine you gonna order? Poll

• Total voters

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not sure how you are getting 20-21 mpg. Do you not have Sasquatch and the 4.7 gears?

Mine only gets 17-18. But I’m rolling on Sasquatch.
I have a 2 door Bronco Wildtrak… 2.7 and Sasquatch and I get 21 mpg spring-fall…
Sponsored

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
My local dealer insists the 2.7 is going in the Raptor (!) and that the Ranger will ONLY have the 2.3. No matter what I've tried to tell them or get them to ask that's the story they're sticking with.
They also state they aren't getting any Raptors on allocation.
So whenever the 2.7 comes available (does anyone know?) I guess I'll be driving to the city instead of buying locally.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
My local dealer insists the 2.7 is going in the Raptor (!) and that the Ranger will ONLY have the 2.3. No matter what I've tried to tell them or get them to ask that's the story they're sticking with.
They also state they aren't getting any Raptors on allocation.
So whenever the 2.7 comes available (does anyone know?) I guess I'll be driving to the city instead of buying locally.
Sounds like your dealer just wants to sell you a 2.3L that they know they can get in the first production run.

Mike in UT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow pkg, Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau cover, Rhino Liner, Lift Gate Assist, Ford black running boards
Occupation
IT technician, retired soldier (11B, 19D)
Sounds like your dealer just wants to sell you a 2.3L that they know they can get in the first production run.
I already have a 2.3 Ranger.
If I can't get a 2.7, I'll just start dropping money on things like a tune, and cold air intake and new exhaust, etc.
No, I don't really NEED the 2.7. I WANT the 2.7 and the slightly larger body that holds a sheet of plywood flat, and all the other improvements. And I can get what I want if I drive around the mountain.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
I sat in the Ranger Raptor Ford had on display at Carlisle a few weeks ago. Very impressive. However, since whatever truck I buy needs to be able to do actual truck things like tow my 18 ft enclosed trailer with a car inside, I decided the Raptor was probably not going to be the best choice. There are also no sand dunes in my neighborhood.

A Tremor with the 2.7 was going to be my next choice. Then we find out that not only is the 2.7 not going to be available until late in 2023 but Ford also dropped the Ranger Tremor for 2024.

So, while I was at the local dealership to discuss the RR I test drove an F-150 Tremor with the 5.0L. Now we're talking. The weight of the F-150 Tremor would actually be about the same or slightly LESS than a RR depending how it's optioned. But it's also rated to tow nearly twice as much weight. And dealers have those on their lots right now.

I'm also a bit spoiled by the aluminum body on my '18 F-150. It's been through 4-1/2 years of Pennsylvania weather and shows zero signs of corrosion. It also gets decent fuel mileage for a 4x4 with a V8 and 3.73:1 gears. I average in the mid 18s around home but I also got 22 mpg on a recent trip through the mountains and small towns of North Central PA.

However, I might hold my final decision until after I see some road tests of the Ranger with the 2.7L. If I'm not impressed by that I can probably find a left-over 2023 F-150 Tremor or just order a 2024.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
However, I might hold my final decision until after I see some road tests of the Ranger with the 2.7L. If I'm not impressed by that I can probably find a left-over 2023 F-150 Tremor or just order a 2024.
https://fordauthority.com/2023/06/2024-ford-f-150-tremor-will-have-new-grille-front-bumper/
I think they’ve shown the other trims without camo, but so far only seen the 2024 F150 tremor with the disguise. If you’re not in a rush need, why not wait & evaluate all your options for sure.
Sponsored