• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

When will 2023 Ranger price and build feature be available?

slick621

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Occupation
retired
when will the 2023 Ranger price and build feature be available?
Sponsored

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
The 2023 order guide has already been released. This again is for the 2023 which is still a 5th gen. The 6th gen, which will be a 2024, hasn't even been officially revealed and announced for North America yet. I wouldn't expect order guides to be released until a few months before production starts. Originally that was stated to be May 2023. But I doubt that will happen.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
The 2023 order guide has already been released. This again is for the 2023 which is still a 5th gen. The 6th gen, which will be a 2024, hasn't even been officially revealed and announced for North America yet. I wouldn't expect order guides to be released until a few months before production starts. Originally that was stated to be May 2023. But I doubt that will happen.
Why do you think May 2023 isn't going to happen? That's still 9-10 months away. They may make the announcement any time in the next 3-4 months.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you think May 2023 isn't going to happen? That's still 9-10 months away. They may make the announcement any time in the next 3-4 months.
Because everything Ford gets pushed out from the original date. Remember the 6th gen was supposed to be a 2023. Now it's a 2024. They are still having major supply issues with the Bronco. Which is built on the same line. You can expect the same supply issues and constraints with the 6th gen Ranger. You are giving them 8 months to finish the final run of 5th gens. Which don't start production until October 10th. And then to do a complete retooling for the 6th gen. I think production starting May 2023 is being extremely optimistic. But hey I could be wrong.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
The last Farley interview on this I read a couple months ago said the reveal would be in May 2023 and Production would likley start in July 2023.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Because everything Ford gets pushed out from the original date. Remember the 6th gen was supposed to be a 2023. Now it's a 2024. They are still having major supply issues with the Bronco. Which is built on the same line. You can expect the same supply issues and constraints with the 6th gen Ranger. You are giving them 8 months to finish the final run of 5th gens. Which don't start production until October 10th. And then to do a complete retooling for the 6th gen. I think production starting May 2023 is being extremely optimistic. But hey I could be wrong.
I understand where you are coming from. The delays have been terrible for Ford. But to be fair, Jim Farley said the Ranger Raptor is coming to North America in 2023. I took that as, it was going to be announced in 23 and orders taking place in 23 (which still is probably happening). The fact that it is MY24 was not really a surprise to me nor do I consider it a delay or push back. I guess I am still optimistic they will be relatively on schedule. Also, since production world wide have already started, it's not like this truck will be completely new (albeit the version will be different).

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand where you are coming from. The delays have been terrible for Ford. But to be fair, Jim Farley said the Ranger Raptor is coming to North America in 2023. I took that as, it was going to be announced in 23 and orders taking place in 23 (which still is probably happening). The fact that it is MY24 was not really a surprise to me nor do I consider it a delay or push back. I guess I am still optimistic they will be relatively on schedule. Also, since production world wide have already started, it's not like this truck will be completely new (albeit the version will be different).

I'm a Bronco order holder so "optimistic" is not a word in my current vocabulary. LOL

And true production has started in other parts of the world. But do we know when they started retooling for the new model?? And I believe it was already stated that there have been major constraint issues with the 6th gen Raptor overseas that are holding up production.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
the ROW version is already in production as a 2023? I have read the NA version will be built in same plant as Bronco- but are you 100% certain there is only 1 production line that will be shared with Bronco? I would expect supply issues and constraints to be less than current Bronco as 6G Ranger is already being built in multiple locations around the world and AFAIK, the majority of parts above the platform will be shared with ROW Ranger rather than Bronco?

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the ROW version is already in production as a 2023? I have read the NA version will be built in same plant as Bronco- but are you 100% certain there is only 1 production line that will be shared with Bronco? I would expect supply issues and constraints to be less than current Bronco as 6G Ranger is already being built in multiple locations around the world and AFAIK, the majority of parts above the platform will be shared with ROW Ranger rather than Bronco?
The Bronco and Ranger are currently built on the same line. There isn't a new line being built for the 6th gen Ranger.

Ford Ranger When will 2023 Ranger price and build feature be available? 1C1F228D-4635-4561-B042-66A2610EC2C3

And I can see constraint issues being worse with the 6th gen Ranger since it is being built at different locations and NA will pretty much be the last to get started. If there are already constraints with the 2023s being built overseas it's only going to get worse when you throw the NA plant into the mix.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Let's just get back to Quality Is Job 1 #. Lot's of car makers are have an abundance of recalls.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Link please? Or at least the interview date? I watched the August 1st one but that was all Lightning.
I didn't bookmark it. This was more like back in February when he announced there would be a new Raptor and Ranger coming to NA in 2023. I'll dig around a little to see if I can find it. It was a printed article with his comments attributed to him by the author, not a live video of him.

**EDIT** this 1 refers to Farley announcing NA Ranger with expected production starting May 2023. I believe there is another 1 I read quoting Farley as saying Reveal/opening order banks would be May 2023 with Production starting July 2023. Could have been a Ford Authority article?

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/g40678031/ford-ranger-future-2024/

Ford CEO Jim Farley confirmed the Ranger and Ranger Raptor will hit the American market in 2023. The question is whether it will be for the 2023 or 2024 model year. Ford Authority has new Ranger production beginning in May 2023, which suggests it will end up being a 2024 truck. That would probably mean a late 2022 or early 2023 reveal.

Last edited:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I am hop
I didn't bookmark it. This was more like back in February when he announced there would be a new Raptor and Ranger coming to NA in 2023. I'll dig around a little to see if I can find it. It was a printed article with his comments attributed to him by the author, not a live video of him.

**EDIT** this 1 refers to Farley announcing NA Ranger with expected production starting May 2023. I believe there is another 1 I read quoting Farley as saying Reveal/opening order banks would be May 2023 with Production starting July 2023. Could have been a Ford Authority article?

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/g40678031/ford-ranger-future-2024/

Ford CEO Jim Farley confirmed the Ranger and Ranger Raptor will hit the American market in 2023. The question is whether it will be for the 2023 or 2024 model year. Ford Authority has new Ranger production beginning in May 2023, which suggests it will end up being a 2024 truck. That would probably mean a late 2022 or early 2023 reveal.

Yeah agreed. If I was to estimate, the production of May 2023, and delivery in July 2023 as a MY24 will be true. Which makes it likely, we will get a reveal later this year. Chevy announced the zr2 colorado July 28th, and production not to start until January 2024, so that is almost 6 months from time of announcement to production.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am hop

Yeah agreed. If I was to estimate, the production of May 2023, and delivery in July 2023 as a MY24 will be true. Which makes it likely, we will get a reveal later this year. Chevy announced the zr2 colorado July 28th, and production not to start until January 2024, so that is almost 6 months from time of announcement to production.
So I haven't been watching Ranger production--->delivery timelines, but is that 2-3 month average since re-opening economy after COVID forced shutdowns? I am in frequent contact with my local Ford dealer regarding my Maverick order (8+ months waiting so far) and have only seen the occasional Ranger, or even Tremor on the lot. Dealer seems to be struggling with allocations and constraint delayed deliveries across the lineup.

OP
OP

slick621

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Occupation
retired
when will the 2023 Ranger price and build feature be available?
Still haven’t answered my question. When will the price and build option be open for 2023 Ranger??
Sponsored