• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

White Item Between Cab and Truck Box

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350/22 ranger tremor
I removed mine. It has 4 plastic pop rivets on the bottom. Took a yard stick and pushed them out while standing in the bed.
Sponsored

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
I removed mine. It has 4 plastic pop rivets on the bottom. Took a yard stick and pushed them out while standing in the bed.
Out of curiosity why did you remove it if it was held in place by the plastic pop rivets? What problem were you trying to solve?

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
Out of curiosity why did you remove it if it was held in place by the plastic pop rivets? What problem were you trying to solve?
I thought about removing mine because I live in the rust belt and I'm concerned about it getting soaked with salty water this winter and not drying out. It may freeze while I'm at work but when it is home in my semi-heated garage it will thaw but not dry.

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was in the way for my tonneau drain tube and didn’t want it back there soaking wet and probably getting moldy over time.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
It's just there for sound deadening. No, it isn't the greatest solution but it's the cheapest option the manufacturer had. It's likely just a poly felt and shouldn't cause any issues like mold or what have you. Won't hurt to keep it, won't hurt to remove it, though you may get an increase in noise if you do, depending how sensitive your hearing is.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Mine has it (US). April build date.

Ryno6

First Name
Ryno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just there for sound deadening. No, it isn't the greatest solution but it's the cheapest option the manufacturer had. It's likely just a poly felt and shouldn't cause any issues like mold or what have you. Won't hurt to keep it, won't hurt to remove it, though you may get an increase in noise if you do, depending how sensitive your hearing is.
Haven’t heard an increase in noise from removing it but I haven’t had it on the interstate yet. Not sure how it would be a noise reduction piece being mounted to the bed and not the back of the cab.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Harmonics is a weird thing.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Treasurer2

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT With FX4 Package & 2.3 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
I am in UK.
Got my Raptor 01-March and noted the same & on drivers side.....and that is interesting as we (in UK) drive on the right hand side...you guys in the USA drive on the left.
I investigated (prior to canopy being fitted) and noted it was definitely a "proper part".
In all it has to be something specific (sound proofing) regarding drive mechanism
Scotland, my most favourite place that I ever visited! Interesting that you have it as well.

brookei

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor V6
Occupation
Retired
Scotland, my most favourite place that I ever visited! Interesting that you have it as well.
Glad you enjoyed your visit.
FYI I worked in Toronoto for a while and loved Canada....such an amazing country.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Glad you enjoyed your visit.
FYI I worked in Toronoto for a while and loved Canada....such an amazing country.
Toronto :crackup: not Toronoto at least you spelled Canada right :p and yes i joking with ya
Sponsored