• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you upgrading your truck?

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Coming from a 2019 F150 some might call a down grade I think of it as a life change. Retired and still want a pickup just do not need it that large. A Ranger will fit my needs at this stage of life. Waiting for the 2.7tt to order.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm surprised by how many people are coming from full-size trucks. I would think it would be hard to downsize all that space and cargo capacity once you're used to it.
I downsized when I bought my 2019 Ranger. I admit I do miss the size of the bed, but I really only utilized it a couple times a year, so it wasn't worth keeping a full-size just for that. I downsized, because I need the function of a truck, but I wanted something easier to drive. I use to leave my truck at home if I didn't need it and take the wife's car, so what really surprised me, is how much MORE I enjoy driving a mid-size over a full-size. I almost never take the car now. I prefer to take my truck.
I was out of town recently and rented a Ram 1500. Hated it the second I pulled into a parking lot.
Would never go back to a full-size, unless I had to.
.....and you can still load up a mid-size pretty good.

Ford Ranger Why are you upgrading your truck? IMG_6327 (Large)

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
Unsure. Might sell it, might trade it in, or might hold onto it. Probably one of the first two. It's currently got 73k on it and I'd say it's in superb condition for Michigan.
Not too bad. If you ever need a hand selling we can help you get multiple offers within a day with very little effort on your part.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Coming from a 2009 Ranger. Love it, just bored with it. My luck I'll get a new one with issues and wish I would've kept it.
Nice Ranger. I’m assuming it’s the one in your avatar. any option to just keep it as a backup or do you absolutely need the sale for a down payment? Nothing wrong with a backup. An old truck is always useful too.

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
Nice Ranger. I’m assuming it’s the one in your avatar. any option to just keep it as a backup or do you absolutely need the sale for a down payment? Nothing wrong with a backup. An old truck is always useful too.
Thanks. I’m going to sell it. No garage for it when the new one arrives. I would hate to park it outside and then wouldn’t drive it much.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
For previous truck owners, why are you upgrading?

for me, I have a 2018 gmc canyon 3.6 v6, I love the truck. But the interior is outdated, and it’s starting to have some transmission issues.

im Buying the new Kia sportage this year for the wife cuz her car got totaled, so in maybe 3-4 years I’ll switch the canyon, to the ranger raptor.

it’s all about that turbo v6 with that awesome interior screens. I love the interior of the ranger, am hoping they refresh the exterior before I buy lol

granted, in 2026-2027 lots of electric truckswill be on the scene, since I don’t tow Often and I’m a sucker for speed, high chance I’ll be considering the rivian r2 platform or other electric mid sized.
Upgrading to Raptor from '19 Ranger for the motor, bigger screen and Sync 4 :)

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Coming from a 2009 Ranger. Love it, just bored with it. My luck I'll get a new one with issues and wish I would've kept it.
This reminds me to build the truck more basic for longevity. I would like the fully adjustable seats and adjustable lumbar for long trips. Its all in the way they package them. On my 2011 Ranger i have worn the seats out. The only trouble I am having lately is the blend door module to regulate warm or cold in the interior. I just have to get under the dash and take it a part. The new Rangers are very advanced in Tech. My XL is so basic it has roll up windows.

Lexx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Coming from a 22 FE Maverick. Love it a lot but I need a little bit more space In suppose.

jezzza

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor RA
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Had a entry level 2014 diesel Ranger, the Ranger Raptor was a worthy upgrade.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Coming from a 22 FE Maverick. Love it a lot but I need a little bit more space In suppose.
Once you get it, I’d love to hear your impressions of increased space, much my reasoning too. But I’m also doubtful of getting that much more space in a traditional midsize truck vs a compact unibody car. I’m wondering if to get noticeably more space I’d have to go as far as another F150 which gets to be pretty large.

Sponsored

Lexx

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Once you get it, I’d love to hear your impressions of increased space, much my reasoning too. But I’m also doubtful of getting that much more space in a traditional midsize truck vs a compact unibody car. I’m wondering if to get noticeably more space I’d have to go as far as another F150 which gets to be pretty large.
Well in my case, I don’t do heavy duty hauling like campers, boats etc but i do grab the occasional odd items from the hardware store. I had an F150 before downsizing to the Maverick and I don’t miss it at all but i think the ranger will be a happy medium for me having tried both sides of the size spectrum

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Well in my case, I don’t do heavy duty hauling like campers, boats etc but i do grab the occasional odd items from the hardware store. I had an F150 before downsizing to the Maverick and I don’t miss it at all but i think the ranger will be a happy medium for me having tried both sides of the size spectrum
Thanks for the review. That’s my hope as well, after being at both ends of the size spectrum though, I really do miss my F150. But I know it would be too big for much of what I do in the city. I also don’t have a need for heavy hauling so maybe the Ranger might turn out to be a happy medium for me as well.

TRSCobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT 4x4, 2021 Porsche Cayman GT4
I'm coming from a '21 F150 XLT 302a 4x4 3.5eb with 157" wheelbase. Love this truck, but sold my racecar and trailer so I don't need 13,600 lbs of towing or a 6.5' bed anymore.

I hate the damn turning radius and fitting the truck in parking spots, plus I drive 90 miles a day on the freeway (yeah I'm THAT guy with the empty bed). Also better than the 22mpg I get would be a plus.

Sucks losing some features, even going from XLT to a Ranger Lariat, but I'm hoping the 2.7 model will meet my criteria. If not I'll hold out for the plug in hybrid model.

Logan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Physical therapist
I’m trading in my 2013 King Ranch. It’s got 92k. Probably should just keep it but it’s time for something new. Two reasons for switching. 1) I don’t necessarily need a full size pickup for anything but I want to keep a truck for when I do need it 2) I just flat out can’t afford a new King Ranch. So I can buy a ranger Raptor for less than a new F150 XLT. So why not I guess
Sponsored