• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you waiting for a 2023 Ranger instead of buying a current model mid-size truck?

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered a '22 Ranger Tremor in January, it has shipped and should arrive any day. But, I have decided to pass on it and go back to my original plan and wait for the 6G. I'm confident the '22 Tremor would have been great, but the family is begging to keep the Jeep another summer, and as much as I want to switch to a Ranger, it isn't a need right now. I also think going with an FX4 would have been a better fit since I eventually see going to 33's, adj coilovers, and UCAs. We will get to see what the ROW does for suspension mods on the 6G, plus suppliers like RSI will have new SmartCaps designed and their new TX plant will hopefully be well on their way to cranking them out. And for sure, a big part of the decision is I'd rather have the updated design and interior. I like the 5G, but am counting on the 6G interior being a step or two up. Its been a tough choice to pass on the '22, but oh well. Someone else will get to enjoy the one I ordered and it will still have the Lariat LED lights unlike the ones Ford is building now!
Sponsored

Ladybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Why I'm waiting for a 2023: I'm not, current 5g Ranger owner- 2020 XLT sport in magnetic
Why I'll be getting a 2023: literally because I've wanted a dark green pickup truck since I was a little kid and I have my fingers crossed for eruption green (or whatever the green on the bronco is called). I'll drive into my dealer with the tires smoking if that's the case.
Why donā€™t you just wrap the 5g Ranger you have? Im on the fence 5g or 6g

Ladybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I had a chance to buy a 2022 tremor just how I wanted at a decent price I thought but I was too slow. I could of put a deposit and saved it but I was and still am on the fence between a 2022 and the new 2023. The 2022 is 4th model year for North America so all the kinks are worked out by now so the 2022s are probably pretty reliable. But the interior i would have to live with Which would probably be ok but for how much we have to spend we should get more. The 2023s should be a giant improvement in every way. But, I worry about 2 things: When the hell will we be able to get one and how reliable will the first generation be? also I donā€™t want to wait for Another year to buy. Iā€™m ready. My local dealer says orders open on August they expect to or hope to have them on the lot by November. Iā€™m calling bullshit and that is some very wishful thinking. I hope Iā€™m wrong and heā€™s right.
How reliable has the Bronco been? I havenā€™t looked at all Iā€™ve been too Into looking at trucks.

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I had a chance to buy a 2022 tremor just how I wanted at a decent price I thought but I was too slow. I could of put a deposit and saved it but I was and still am on the fence between a 2022 and the new 2023. The 2022 is 4th model year for North America so all the kinks are worked out by now so the 2022s are probably pretty reliable. But the interior i would have to live with Which would probably be ok but for how much we have to spend we should get more. The 2023s should be a giant improvement in every way. But, I worry about 2 things: When the hell will we be able to get one and how reliable will the first generation be? also I donā€™t want to wait for Another year to buy. Iā€™m ready. My local dealer says orders open on August they expect to or hope to have them on the lot by November. Iā€™m calling bullshit and that is some very wishful thinking. I hope Iā€™m wrong and heā€™s right.
How reliable has the Bronco been? I havenā€™t looked at all Iā€™ve been too Into looking at trucks.
This isn't fact, but to me it sounds like Ford will have a 5G 2023 model, and that is what your dealer is referring to with the August orders, and 5G production will run until they are ready to switch to the 6G, which was supposed to be May 2023, but who knows when it will actually be considering the international production of the 6G is constrained by supply chain shortages. Ford closed the customer order books on the 2022 Ranger earlier this month for North America, so I really think when they reopen, it will be for a 2023 5G.

Last edited:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why I'm waiting for a 2023: I'm not, current 5g Ranger owner- 2020 XLT sport in magnetic
Why I'll be getting a 2023: literally because I've wanted a dark green pickup truck since I was a little kid and I have my fingers crossed for eruption green (or whatever the green on the bronco is called). I'll drive into my dealer with the tires smoking if that's the case.
The Ford AU 6g ranger not having the green is really bumming me out that we will get the same boring colors as the current ranger has :(

but i agree, those "limited edition" 5g colors that came out this year looked great. Green is the top of my list as well but the sand is a nice color, too. If we don't get those I'll likely settle for cactus grey, if it still exists.

Sponsored

Ladybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
This isn't fact, but to me it sounds like Ford will have a 5G 2023 model, and that is what your dealer is referring to with the August orders, and 5G production will run until they are ready to switch to the 6G, which was supposed to be May 2023, but who knows when it will actually be considering the international production of the 6G is constrained by supply chain shortages. Ford closed the customer order books on the 2022 Ranger earlier this month for North America, so I really think when they reopen, it will be for a 2023 5G.
Thanks for the reply. A man on YouTube who works at a dealer was basically saying the same you said. It makes since what you're saying. I guess I'll order a 2023 5g then I'm not waiting another year.

rxv_poor

First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
IT
I have a 2022 Tremor on order. I was hoping to get it by Sept. The reality is Nov. If that's the case I'll just transfer my order to 2023 Tremor or Raptor. If I can get the 360 cameras with the front facing camera as well as a front locker the Tremor is fine with me. If the Raptor doesn't have huge markup then maybe one of those.

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2022 Tremor on order. I was hoping to get it by Sept. The reality is Nov. If that's the case I'll just transfer my order to 2023 Tremor or Raptor. If I can get the 360 cameras with the front facing camera as well as a front locker the Tremor is fine with me. If the Raptor doesn't have huge markup then maybe one of those.
Iā€™m really hoping Ford launches the new 6G in the US with the Tremor as an option, but it seems they wait to announce the Tremor package until after a new truck model has been out for 6 months+. So with a May 2023 6G build start, Iā€™m worried a Tremor wonā€™t be on the table until 2024.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Attachments