• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
It canā€™t be in the Ford system yet, as they havenā€™t opened up the options. But Iā€™m listed as #1 or #2 at my local dealership (they are going to flip a coin for fun since we both asked to put money down the same dayā€¦ it makes no difference. They think their first allocation is going to be three trucks, so we are both covered.. Locked in at MSRP at MOST. $1000 fully refundable deposit. The 3.0 twin turbo V6 from the Explorer ST is the engine of choice.

Iā€™ll be happy to track the progress of how it goes as we paddle along over the next four to six months. Iā€™m excited. Right now my heart says to go for the ā€œhero colorā€ at releaseā€¦ orange. Talk me out of it. ;)
Ford Ranger I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor. FFC1EC75-EF49-4AE9-842E-ED67F4774D9A

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
I asked my good friend, "James" šŸ˜Ž to go with me into my local Ford dealership to set them straight on this ordering business! Before you ask...James and I have been the very best of friends since we were kids as both our fathers were banker's in South America. Being a large shareholder of Ford myself, and being accompanied by my stalworth friend, I figured I had this in the bag! Strangely, we were unable to convince the Ford dealership to place a 6th Gen Ranger order for me! Some irritating excuse about they are not able to take or place orders because the 6th Gen Ranger is NOT yet being built in N.A. and subsequently the ordering banks are NOT open for N.A. (LAME!) Now, why all of the above is easily believable, and true šŸ¤„ this next part is were it gets good! I am however in FRONT of everybody else at the dealership for a Ranger! (no coin flipping for me!) I'm NUMERO UNO why? Because I was able to outbid another gentleman who was at the dealership for the same reason, the gall of that man irritates me even months after I write this! ANYWAY, I have quiet intelligently, if I may say so for myself, and I do, set up a secret incremental monetary bidding system with the undisclosed dealership to keep me ahead of anybody...ANYBODY...whom may think about nefariously plotting to displace me off my first place status! :punch: Right now my heart says to go for the yet to be revealed (inside scoop from James)ā€¦Mountbatten Pink. PLEASE...talk me out of it.! :wink:

Later, when I awoke from my deep slumber, I simply walked into the dealership and politely requested they place me on their 6th Gen Ranger want list. I was told they would call me ASAP when they get word when 6th Gen ordering will open. They do believe it will be sometime mid 2023. They were even kind enough to do this for free, as again, there is nothing yet to order in N.A. I am willing to bet most of us can do this at any Ford dealership. Walk in or calling is an available Ford option for MY2024 that is not on the constraints list.

Last edited:

JJ452

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0
That sucks. Mines on the ship aparently from SA. Takes around 70 days
I placed my order and deposit at my local dealer on the day the pre-orders opened (May 23rd). I was originally told September for delivery, then mid December and am now being told mid February. As of last week it was build and loaded onto a ship for transport from Thailand (not SA it seems).

Reactions: Doc

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
I placed my order and deposit at my local dealer on the day the pre-orders opened (May 23rd). I was originally told September for delivery, then mid December and am now being told mid February. As of last week it was build and loaded onto a ship for transport from Thailand (not SA it seems).
Thats interesting. I placed my order on the 26th May and was told Oct, then Dec and now mid (ish) Jan. Didn't realise any EU models were coming from Thailand as they're only building for the far east and Australia Market? All European models are from SA? Thailand aren't capable of producing the vehicles to the euro regs for emissions so will be interesting to see what happens. Was it a main Ford dealer (Trust Ford) or a franchise?

Sponsored

JJ452

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0
Thats interesting. I placed my order on the 26th May and was told Oct, then Dec and now mid (ish) Jan. Didn't realise any EU models were coming from Thailand as they're only building for the far east and Australia Market? All European models are from SA? Thailand aren't capable of producing the vehicles to the euro regs for emissions so will be interesting to see what happens. Was it a main Ford dealer (Trust Ford) or a franchise?
It's a franchise dealer.

I thought the same thing about Thailand/SA but he did pause me to search for it and then confirmed that it was finished production in Thailand and left the port in Thailand at the end of last week. Maybe he was looking at someone else's raptor on the tracker!! Or maybe they're retooling to help meet demand.

If it is coming from Thailand it gives hope that maybe their isn't a PPF and the only changes for EU emissions is ECU software to get back to to the 400Bhp mark.

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Thats interesting. I placed my order on the 26th May and was told Oct, then Dec and now mid (ish) Jan. Didn't realise any EU models were coming from Thailand as they're only building for the far east and Australia Market? All European models are from SA? Thailand aren't capable of producing the vehicles to the euro regs for emissions so will be interesting to see what happens. Was it a main Ford dealer (Trust Ford)
It's a franchise dealer.

I thought the same thing about Thailand/SA but he did pause me to search for it and then confirmed that it was finished production in Thailand and left the port in Thailand at the end of last week. Maybe he was looking at someone else's raptor on the tracker!! Or maybe they're retooling to help meet demand.

If it is coming from Thailand it gives hope that maybe their isn't a PPF and the only changes for EU emissions is ECU software to get back to to the 400Bhp mark.
Learn something everyday. You'll 100% have the derestricted version with opfs otherwise ford wouldn't be allowed to import it.

Fingers crossed. Waited long enough now.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Emissions systems has nothing to do with where the vehicle is built, and everything to do with where it is delivered. Most Thai built Rangers have no DPF in them, but Australia does.

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Emissions systems has nothing to do with where the vehicle is built, and everything to do with where it is delivered. Most Thai built Rangers have no DPF in them, but Australia does.
Thanks Bill. Every days a school day

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Just been told my delivery has moved from mid Jan to March šŸ˜”

Sponsored

downbytheriver7

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Hmm, the dealer checked today and informed me, mine says first week of Jan! Don't know how certain that is, but a week or so ago it hadn't moved.

Dansage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Na
Hmm, the dealer checked today and informed me, mine says first week of Jan! Don't know how certain that is, but a week or so ago it hadn't moved.
Good news for you. I justbdomt understand how the date can change if its already on the ship

Flatsix

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next Gen Raptor
Occupation
Retired Automotive Engineer
Well I am in the same boat as many of the UK guys posting here. Placed an order for a Next Gen Ranger Raptor 23rd May 2022, Initially told delivery September, Then December, Then early Jan and now the latest update today is ETA to Dealer Week Ending 28th Jan. Also for interest my trucks current location as of 1st December is a compound in Zeebrugge Belgium. So at least it is Europe, it completed build 24th October so took a while to get there. The late Jan delay was added to the Ford Vista system today with a delay code CT, not a clue what that means neither do the dealer sales team I have ordered with, who have been great. Just seems to be Ford HQ who seem to be being very dark about everything.

They are definitely built in Thailand and we (UK) only get 288PS. You should be able to see all that at the top of your factory contract document you received when placing the order? This is the header of mine.

Ford Ranger I have my order in for a 2023 Ranger Raptor. 1672758474366

Been a long wait but so looking forward to having our first Petrol power Raptor in the UK.

JJ452

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 3.0
Well I am in the same boat as many of the UK guys posting here. Placed an order for a Next Gen Ranger Raptor 23rd May 2022, Initially told delivery September, Then December, Then early Jan and now the latest update today is ETA to Dealer Week Ending 28th Jan. Also for interest my trucks current location as of 1st December is a compound in Zeebrugge Belgium. So at least it is Europe, it completed build 24th October so took a while to get there. The late Jan delay was added to the Ford Vista system today with a delay code CT, not a clue what that means neither do the dealer sales team I have ordered with, who have been great. Just seems to be Ford HQ who seem to be being very dark about everything.

They are definitely built in Thailand and we (UK) only get 288PS. You should be able to see all that at the top of your factory contract document you received when placing the order? This is the header of mine.

1672758474366.png

Been a long wait but so looking forward to having our first Petrol power Raptor in the UK.
Some manufacturers were shipping cars closer to delivery locations without certain electronic parts and then completing the fitting closer to the customer to prevent build-up at manufacturing sites when waiting for semiconductors. Wonder if this is what is happening to your truck?

I never got a factory contract document... just a receipt for the deposit paid..