• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
What is the color of that last one? It almost looks like a midnight navy, but I don't see that as a listed color.
That's Absolute Black, the renders don't look overly accurate. The copper orange looks way darker in these images that what we've seen in photos.
Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
The shading gives those colors a much darker appearance, at least on my monitor. Here's a Sedona Orange from one of the Escape forums.

Ford Ranger 2022-2023 Ranger Raptor World Premiere! Wallpapers, Video & Specs 1645829747066

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Jeep Cherokee and 03 Grand Marquis
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
Agreed on both points. Especially if a PHEV had an onboard generator available like the F-150 PowerBoost.

And, yes, I was referring to the other V6, the entirely acceptable 2.7L. Only problem is that is an F-150 engine and Ford has never used the exact same engine in the F-150 and Ranger. Not saying they won't, but they never have before.
Oh man, I would love it if the 2.7L was available too. I'd be ordering up a Lariat Tremor with that setup immediately.

I just can't see Ford giving us that many options. I hope we're all wrong and the US spec gets loads of options.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Here's something that has me a bit concerned. I guess this could be considered a good thing for Ford and their dealers as far as pricing is concerned but I'm not so sure about potential buyers of the Ranger. Does anyone else see Ford having the same problem with the next gen Ranger as they have had with all their other recent new releases? By that I mean not being able to meet demand. No offense to current Ranger owners but from what we have seen so far I think the next gen Ranger is going to be in much greater demand and will probably be hard to get, especially if they give us things like the 2.7L. The only thing that would potentially help buyers would be if demand for the Bronco cools off and Ford can allocate more resources to building Rangers instead of Broncos at Michigan Assembly.

svennyotski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6 Turbo Ute
Iā€™m in Aus and was worried about allocation. Been waiting for a raptor like this for a long time, the 5G just isnā€™t a raptor for me at all.

Not sure hot the bronco will go here but I can see demand for the 6G

The dealer Iā€™ve bought a few Falcons from took a deposit from me a few weeks back so hopefully Iā€™ll be fine come initial release.

Sponsored

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, White Platinum
All that and still no integrated trailer brake controller

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I would forego the Raptor if there was a 2.7 Tremor package at a decent discount to a comparable raptor.
I personally don't seeing the Tremor surviving. I can't see Ford offering a FX4, Tremor, and Raptor. A Tremor with a 2.7 would seriously hurt Raptor sales. But who knows. I vaguely remember being wrong once before. :D

However, I would forego BOTH if there was a PHEV at launch in the NA market that had even better power numbers :)
I'll be in line right behind you. :like:

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
This better be available in the NA marketā€¦ i may not jump off the F150 if it doesnā€™t.
this was something i added afterwards to my 2018 F150 because it never came stock on the 2.7 ecoboost. It had all the connections for the factory TbC but never an option.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
I personally don't seeing the Tremor surviving. I can't see Ford offering a FX4, Tremor, and Raptor. A Tremor with a 2.7 would seriously hurt Raptor sales. But who knows. I vaguely remember being wrong once before. :D
I mean, that's exactly the lineup they have on the F-150 right now: FX4, Tremor, and Raptor. And soon the even more ridiculous Raptor R. Not saying a Ranger is an F-150 level product, but just by bringing the Ranger Raptor to US/Can, they're saying they're investing in the Ranger for us, so who knows.
And I'm not sure it would hurt Raptor sales in that big of a way. The majority of people crazy enough to want a Raptor are not going to "step down" to a Tremor. For the majority of owners Raptors are statement pieces, not for functional use.. Tremors just don't give off that same "in your face" curb essence most Raptor owners want.

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Jeep Cherokee and 03 Grand Marquis
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
I mean, that's exactly the lineup they have on the F-150 right now: FX4, Tremor, and Raptor. And soon the even more ridiculous Raptor R. Not saying a Ranger is an F-150 level product, but just by bringing the Ranger Raptor to US/Can, they're saying they're investing in the Ranger for us, so who knows.
And I'm not sure it would hurt Raptor sales in that big of a way. The majority of people crazy enough to want a Raptor are not going to "step down" to a Tremor. For the majority of owners Raptors are statement pieces, not for functional use.. Tremors just don't give off that same "in your face" curb essence most Raptor owners want.
I agree.

A Tremor with a 2.7 would definitely be closer to a Raptor, which is why I can't see Ford offering that option.
But the standard 2.3 with the Tremor package would be the sweet spot.
Same payload and towing capacity as the standard Ranger with a little more off-road capability, but not the full-on pre-runner setup as the Raptor.

Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2019 Ford Fiesta St
Occupation
Project Manager
I think this truck is going to be killer. I just sold my 2014 F150 Raptor and I am really looking forward to the Ranger Raptor.

way to go ford! Sign me up for one!

Stetson

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
There is an integrated brake controller on the standard Ranger as an option, I presume the Raptor will also get this too.

fiestafan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Attorney
I agree.

A Tremor with a 2.7 would definitely be closer to a Raptor, which is why I can't see Ford offering that option.
But the standard 2.3 with the Tremor package would be the sweet spot.

Same payload and towing capacity as the standard Ranger with a little more off-road capability, but not the full-on pre-runner setup as the Raptor.

I like the 2.3 but the problem for ford in sticking with it next gen is that it looks like GM is going with their 2.7 turbo 4 in the new Colorado/Canyon. Fordā€™s 2.7V6 is a better match against that.

Competition is good!

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I mean, that's exactly the lineup they have on the F-150 right now: FX4, Tremor, and Raptor.
Good point. Perhaps I may be wrong. :blush:
Damn, that'll be twice in my life. ;)

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I agree! The shotgun approach works pretty well with the F-150 by offering an array of price points, engines and cab/bed configurations with various levels of performance. I donā€™t see any reason why that wouldnā€™t work well with the Ranger too. Especially if the NA Rangers comes with 3 or 4 different engine options ( 2.3, 2.7, 3.0 and possible PHEV?)

Me personallyā€¦ would prefer the a SuperCrew Lariat w/Tremor package and a 2.7 and while Iā€™m wishing make it with a 6ā€™ longbed. Iā€™d love to own an overland rig straight from the factory and this truck would check all my boxes!
Sponsored