• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
I think the Bronco may be both the Ranger's savior and it's curse.

If not for Ford wanting to bring the Bronco back to take away some sales from Jeep we probably never would have seen the Ranger on our shores. It gave Ford a placeholder to keep MAP open until the Bronco was ready for production and it got them begrudgingly back into the mid-size market, a place I'm not so sure they really wanted to be. And because the Bronco does offer the 2.7 as an option we know there is no longer any mechanical excuse for not putting it in the Ranger. Same with the 7-speed manual behind the 2.3.

However, because the Ranger and the Bronco are built on the same assembly line in the same building that will probably limit how many Rangers Ford wants to sell and can actually build. Offering an attractive package like a Tremor with the 2.7/10-speed combo only makes that task more difficult. If it does happen you will probably see 2023 Ranger ordering banks closed by this time in 2024 with ADMs through the roof. Hell that might happen regardless of drivetrain options. All you have to do is look at what has happened with the Bronco and the Maverick.
Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I think the Bronco may be both the Ranger's savior and it's curse.

If not for Ford wanting to bring the Bronco back to take away some sales from Jeep we probably never would have seen the Ranger on our shores. It gave Ford a placeholder to keep MAP open until the Bronco was ready for production and it got them begrudgingly back into the mid-size market, a place I'm not so sure they really wanted to be. And because the Bronco does offer the 2.7 as an option we know there is no longer any mechanical excuse for not putting it in the Ranger. Same with the 7-speed manual behind the 2.3.

However, because the Ranger and the Bronco are built on the same assembly line in the same building that will probably limit how many Rangers Ford wants to sell and can actually build. Offering an attractive package like a Tremor with the 2.7/10-speed combo only makes that task more difficult. If it does happen you will probably see 2023 Ranger ordering banks closed by this time in 2024 with ADMs through the roof. Hell that might happen regardless of drivetrain options. All you have to do is look at what has happened with the Bronco and the Maverick.
The Ranger is essentially the Bronco truck people want without the Bronco look and name. I think Ford will severely limit the lower trims of the Ranger and focus more on the Lariat/Platinum trims with the Tremor package along with the Ranger Raptor. Ford will probably make the Ranger a "specialty" truck focused more on it's off-road chops to compliment the Bronco family.

On a side note, I think the Maverick is more of a "threat" to the Ranger than the Bronco. Closer to crossover handling, better legroom, better MPG in both gas and hybrid powertrains, easier to park, cheaper; the Maverick might eat more into Ranger sales than predicted. Only sales reports and consumer feedback will tell.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Ranger is essentially the Bronco truck people want without the Bronco look and name. I think Ford will severely limit the lower trims of the Ranger and focus more on the Lariat/Platinum trims with the Tremor package along with the Ranger Raptor. Ford will probably make the Ranger a "specialty" truck focused more on it's off-road chops to compliment the Bronco family.

On a side note, I think the Maverick is more of a "threat" to the Ranger than the Bronco. Closer to crossover handling, better legroom, better MPG in both gas and hybrid powertrains, easier to park, cheaper; the Maverick might eat more into Ranger sales than predicted. Only sales reports and consumer feedback will tell.
I agree to a point. But the Maverick will not be the reason Ranger production is limited. That still falls on Bronco. The Maverick might steal a few lower end sales from the Ranger but there is still a market for a more capable, smaller than full size truck. Just ask Toyota.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The Ranger is essentially the Bronco truck people want without the Bronco look and name.
So... not the Bronco at all then? bahaha just giving you crap, but in all seriousness. I wanted a Gladiator Competitor in my Bronco Truck, not a Ranger.
IMO, there is not a sexier looking SUV on the market right now than the Bronco. Unless you consider the GV80, but again thats like comparing apples and potatoes i guess

Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
So... not the Bronco at all then? bahaha just giving you crap, but in all seriousness. I wanted a Gladiator Competitor in my Bronco Truck, not a Ranger.
IMO, there is not a sexier looking SUV on the market right now than the Bronco. Unless you consider the GV80, but again thats like comparing apples and potatoes i guess
I should have been specific and said the 6G Ranger. lol It does make me wonder though, would Ford be gutsy enough to completely axe the Ranger and replace it with a Bronco pickup? Don't get me wrong, it would be a foolish decision and create a tidal wave of backlash to replace a mid-size truck with a more expensive Bronco pickup. But if Ford is crazy enough to axe sedans in the US and turn a sports car into a 4-door crossover EV, what would prevent them from doing this?

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should have been specific and said the 6G Ranger. lol It does make me wonder though, would Ford be gutsy enough to completely axe the Ranger and replace it with a Bronco pickup? Don't get me wrong, it would be a foolish decision and create a tidal wave of backlash to replace a mid-size truck with a more expensive Bronco pickup. But if Ford is crazy enough to axe sedans in the US and turn a sports car into a 4-door crossover EV, what would prevent them from doing this?
As I've said before, I wouldn't have a problem with that. That strategy has worked out okay for Jeep. However, now that Farley has announced that we will be getting the Ranger Raptor I'm not quite as upset about them canceling the Bronco pickup. If our version is anything like the one shown for the ROW markets, the Ranger Raptor should be an awesome truck in its own right.

Grassod06

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SVT Raptor
Occupation
Maintenance Technician.
This almost has me considering moving from the F150 Raptor.
I have a 13 gen 1 F150 raptor. Iā€™ll be ordering one of these when they are available. Just a perfect daily driver and fun toy all in one!

Steele131

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and this is seriously making me consider trading it in for this when it releases in Canada. That is if the price isnā€™t outrages.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
I agree to a point. But the Maverick will not be the reason Ranger production is limited. That still falls on Bronco. The Maverick might steal a few lower end sales from the Ranger but there is still a market for a more capable, smaller than full size truck. Just ask Toyota.
I agree, there are a lot of people, myself included, that want a capable mid-sized pickup for a daily driver that can pull a family sized travel trailer on the weekend. Not everyone wants a tricked out off road monster. The Maverick is not that truck, neither is the Bronco. The F150 has got too big to be a practical DD for many people, it's overkill. Dropping the Ranger would just give that market back to Toyota.

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and this is seriously making me consider trading it in for this when it releases in Canada. That is if the price isnā€™t outrages.
This is my plan. My 2019 was always just a place holder until the new trucks come out. I won't pay ADM though and I'm willing to wait a year or two longer for the supply shortages to work their way out.
However, if the RR ends up being like it's big brother and ADM is the norm forever, then I'll look at the new ZR2 or ATX4.
But I'm pretty flexible in what I'll get next. If non of the above works out, I'll be happy to buy whichever non-Raptor/ZR2 I prefer and trick it out myself.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
This is my plan. My 2019 was always just a place holder until the new trucks come out. I won't pay ADM though and I'm willing to wait a year or two longer for the supply shortages to work their way out.
However, if the RR ends up being like it's big brother and ADM is the norm forever, then I'll look at the new ZR2 or ATX4.
But I'm pretty flexible in what I'll get next. If non of the above works out, I'll be happy to buy whichever non-Raptor/ZR2 I prefer and trick it out myself.
Same boat here. Willing to wait, but don't want to haha but I would consider another midsize if I had to.
I am hoping they knock a PHEV out of the park and that probably my next truck. 2.3L w/PHEV, monster torque and HP #s... sign me up

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™m just going to wait too. I think the 2.3 is fine as is with the 10 speed auto. Iā€™d be interested in the 2.7 option as well, but the recent jump in gas price has me thinking more and more about efficiency. Iā€™d have to wait and see what the mileage/power/towing/payload ratings are on paper to compare. Heck, same goes for a possible PHEV.

In addition to a PHEV option, Iā€™m also hoping for a SuperCrew/longbed configuration. Make it available with the Tremor package and it would be the ultimate overland rig right from the factory!

With talks of a new Taco and GM twins in the works next year or so, Iā€™m definitely going to wait and see what the other brands have to offer. The midsize market is pretty stale now, but itā€™s looking to be very much revitalized in the next year or two. I just hope my 20 year old F-150 SuperCrew doesnā€™t start nickel and diming me while I patiently wait (knock on wood)???

Last edited:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Was this always the case even in pre pandemic times? I am currently waiting to get a RR, but I don't want to pay like 70k for one. I don't mind going like max 5k over (shh don't tell my dealer that). Do you think this can be had for MSRP even if we just do a custom order?

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Was this always the case even in pre pandemic times? I am currently waiting to get a RR, but I don't want to pay like 70k for one. I don't mind going like max 5k over (shh don't tell my dealer that). Do you think this can be had for MSRP even if we just do a custom order?
I think the only way you wont pay ADM is to do a custom order.
Just like they did for the Bronco... hopefully not as long of a wait.
Yes there have been quite a few horror stories of dealers that held the Bronco hostage or the dealer took delivery then jacked up the prices, but the Bronco6g community took care of a lot of those :)
I think in the end there are many more reputable dealers that will give you a signed purchase agreement at MSRP+Destination without crazy upcharges and fees.
I have 3 Ford Dealers in a 30 minute drive and each of them were willing to give me a signed Out the Door price when I inquired about putting down a deposit.
Sponsored