• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Steve I too hope its a long term 6G truck. Ford say's its an 8 year run. I can see that being less.
Sponsored

Cods82

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 SuperCrew, 2020 F250 SCrew Tremor
Occupation
Self-oilfield
I would like to see the ROW Ford Ranger ordering site up and running. I know the vehicles will be different to what you can order in NA, but it would give more information of how you can option them. In NA they will follow the XL, XLT and Lariat format. With the Raptor and hopefully the Tremor. Let's see if they use the Rattler name. It seem to be an XL or XLT enhanced model.
Yeah I just read up on the Rattler option definitely opening up needs/options/costs letting solely city/highway drivers a lower-end cost efficient upgrade alternative unlike previous years that made them spends 3-4x $$ for options they will never use. I just hope with all the new PKG options Ford will offer and/or let us choose various sub-options we need/want within the base PKG like Auto/Man trans, 5/5.5/6ft bed, 4,6,8cyl gas/diesel/hybrid/elec power plants, front/rear diff models/ratios and the like since ordering from factory essentially means "custom ordered"

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
Just returned from the dealership where I purchased my 2019 Lariat. According to them, this is what is happening with the 2023 Ranger

Orders open July 18, 2022
Scheduling begins August 18th
First Job Order October
Deliveries Nov, but most likely December.

For what it is worth. They have been pretty reliable on their estimates previously so I hope they are right

I have been talking to one as well, looking to go back to a Ranger after a long hiatus (last one was a 2003 4x4 with a 3.0 V6, been a while). Anyway was told order board on 2022 has been closed out, not accepting any orders. Told me "by August" I could order a 2023 which is inline with what you heard.

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have been talking to one as well, looking to go back to a Ranger after a long hiatus (last one was a 2003 4x4 with a 3.0 V6, been a while). Anyway was told order board on 2022 has been closed out, not accepting any orders. Told me "by August" I could order a 2023 which is inline with what you heard.
2023 5G, right? I will be pleasantly shocked if by some twist we can order 6G Rangers that soon in the US, but canā€™t imagine that will be the case. There has been zero launch effort for the 6G in the US to have orders open this summer.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
2023 5G, right? I will be pleasantly shocked if by some twist we can order 6G Rangers that soon in the US, but canā€™t imagine that will be the case. There has been zero launch effort for the 6G in the US to have orders open this summer.
I wouldnā€™t think there would be a ā€˜23 5G if a ā€˜23 6G is available in other markets? But hey, what do I know? Maybe the NA market 6G (2023 MY) will be unveiled in the next 6 weeks or so? One can only hope. Iā€™m really getting tired of waiting!

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
I get a kick out of the ROW Ranger production. They offer very little options. They do offer more motor options though. Easier to get them OTD. Your asking a lot out of the MAP factory.
You have 7 Bronco models + the Raptor Bronco. 2 door and 4 door. 3 models of Rangers, possibly more + the Raptor Ranger. Scab, Screw, possible single cab and Screw with long bed. Maybe the Wild Trak or Tremor, maybe even a Rattler. Plus the PHEV. Endless options. Don't get me wrong nice to build the truck you want.
I just think your asking a whole lot out of the Wayne factory. I have said that for a while, tired of all the Ford Hype.
Just get the feeling that you will be waiting a while for your truck.
GM has a factory specific for the Canyon and Colorado. I am presuming you would get a truck from them sooner. Still a Ford Fan.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
A lot of you guys keep saying you're "tired of all the hype from Ford", but Ford isn't the one hyping the next gen Ranger, or at least certainly not as much as any other new product. The members on here and a handful of "news" publications are the only ones talking about this. Ford has barely said anything about the 6g Ranger, let alone the US/CAN one. Heck, if I wasn't on this forum and/or subscribed to the Ford Authority website (aka seeking out Ford news) I wouldn't even know there was going to be a new generation of Ranger.
I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion, especially for those really invested in this launch and getting impatient for it, but if we don't talk about it then there is really no news or hype or feeding the flames.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Was in my local dealer Monday, salesman told me that orders for MY23 rangers open July 18. I have a hard time believing there will be an order guide for the 6th gen out by that point, so I'm more inclined to believe we'll have MY23 split between 5G with the same options as MY22 and 6G. Either that or the July date is just the first day for reservations like the bronco or lightning and you actually pick your options later.

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
We haven't even heard what options are we going to be available on the NA variant have we?

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
We haven't even heard what options are we going to be available on the NA variant have we?
Ford has only confirmed the 6g Ranger and Ranger Raptor will come to the US/CAN market at some point next year (2023). That's all they've officially said. Everything else (specific timeline, options, appearance, available trims, available powertrains, etc.) is purely speculation and hearsay.

Sponsored

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
Ford has only confirmed the 6g Ranger and Ranger Raptor will come to the US/CAN market at some point next year (2023). That's all they've officially said. Everything else (specific timeline, options, appearance, available trims, available powertrains, etc.) is purely speculation and hearsay.
Thanks,

I didn't think i'd missed that and with that being said, seems like it will be that latter timeline. You'd think they'd do another year of the current Ranger if it's going to be so late in 23 for even ordering. I'm excited about possible powertrain options, but also have reservations for the lightning, and the Chevy EV. EV or hybrid would fit my usage really well, but I really like the Ranger size.... anyway wish we'd get some definitive information on the powerplant in NA

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
A lot of you guys keep saying you're "tired of all the hype from Ford", but Ford isn't the one hyping the next gen Ranger, or at least certainly not as much as any other new product. The members on here and a handful of "news" publications are the only ones talking about this. Ford has barely said anything about the 6g Ranger, let alone the US/CAN one. Heck, if I wasn't on this forum and/or subscribed to the Ford Authority website (aka seeking out Ford news) I wouldn't even know there was going to be a new generation of Ranger.
I'm sure that's an unpopular opinion, especially for those really invested in this launch and getting impatient for it, but if we don't talk about it then there is really no news or hype or feeding the flames.
I love the hype. I want more hype and I search the internet daily looking for 6G hype! Its super fun reading about what is coming. Kind of like the anticipation for Christmas when I was a kid. Maybe I'm still a kid or else have to much retiree time on my hands? :giggle:

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
The salesman I talked to didnā€™t say, he didnt elaborate much at all. Mentioned a ā€œranger emailā€, said he would happy to share more detail after Ford releases the 2023.
Just looked around, no nothing in terms of a release or even a release date. I DID however see Amarok VW has some release/announcement on July 7th which includes an NA pickup.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The salesman I talked to didnā€™t say, he didnt elaborate much at all. Mentioned a ā€œranger emailā€, said he would happy to share more detail after Ford releases the 2023.
Just looked around, no nothing in terms of a release or even a release date. I DID however see Amarok VW has some release/announcement on July 7th which includes an NA pickup.
I thought the Amarok wasnā€™t coming to NA?

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks,

I didn't think i'd missed that and with that being said, seems like it will be that latter timeline. You'd think they'd do another year of the current Ranger if it's going to be so late in 23 for even ordering. I'm excited about possible powertrain options, but also have reservations for the lightning, and the Chevy EV. EV or hybrid would fit my usage really well, but I really like the Ranger size.... anyway wish we'd get some definitive information on the powerplant in NA
For 2024, reportedly the Galdiator 4xe will be an option by then as well. I don't think I could stomach purchasing a Stellantis product though, I work for a tier 1 supplier to them and they are the worst to deal with.

For me, a hybrid ranger that can go 30 miles on plug in only would be ideal. Although if the PHEV Maverick comes first, I'll be very tempted by that, especially if gas prices stay this high.
Sponsored