• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Article: 2024 Ford Ranger Production Remains Severely Constrained

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I file this under "Not Surprising". I ā¤ Ford, but there's a reason they don't beat Toyota.
*they can't make enough vehicles to meet demand,
*don't market or advertise Rangers in spite of the inflated price, which must be profitable, push only cash cows,
*drop out of sedan markets rather than be competitive even though there is demand,
*invest ICE profits and lose money on PC EV's when there's not the demand, poorly predicting the future
*and tons of more reasons, from management to labor unions, and not because of a lack of money, just investing in the wrong place. šŸ’°šŸ‘€

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I file this under "Not Surprising". I ā¤ Ford, but there's a reason they don't beat Toyota.
*they can't make enough vehicles to meet demand,
*don't market or advertise Rangers in spite of the inflated price, which must be profitable, push only cash cows,
*drop out of sedan markets rather than be competitive even though there is demand,
*invest ICE profits and lose money on PC EV's when there's not the demand, poorly predicting the future
*and tons of more reasons, from management to labor unions, and not because of a lack of money, just investing in the wrong place. šŸ’°šŸ‘€

Yea I just got my battery changed in my Ranger and when I go in for service If I see the salesman I talk with him. I know two of them there. We have bought allot of vehicles from him. The lot is empty other than F150 and Escapes. He said hard to sell anything if people can not sit in them. I also told him I am pissed at their markups on stuff not on the lot.

Something is not right at Ford and their manufacturing. I think Farley needs to go. I think Ford knows what people want but can not deliver.

I have said it in other threads but I got so tired of waiting for the 5G Ranger I bought a Colorado and drove it almost 3 years and still bought the 2019 Ranger in its first year.
Right now I like my Ranger so I am not in a rush but I may do it again and buy something else. I want the 6 cyl Ranger but who knows when we will see it or even if we do. I don't want a RR. Thing is others will too and they may not comeback.

Honestly I could see Ford dropping the Ranger again and saying screw it, lets just make the Bronco. To hard to compete in the midsized market. I still think Dodge may have something coming too. They are all building pretty decent truck now in this sector. It is great having choices.

What do I know right!

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
I bought a 2004 FX4 F150 new, still have it & still like it. In May I ordered a RRaptor because itā€™s the first time in all these years that I saw a truck that made me say ā€œWow, look at thatā€ so I luckily found a dealer who agreed to sell me their allocation for MSRP. Today is day 195 since I ordered & still do not have a VIN or build date. Seems a little rediculous that a corporation the size of Ford whose business it is to build vehicles canā€™t deliver one in that amount of time. I just canā€™t wrap my head around that fact & then I read stories about people waiting three years for a Bronco & Iā€™m just blown away by the apparent extreme level of incompetence that must exist for that to happen. Unbelievable is all I can say!!

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I bought a 2004 FX4 F150 new, still have it & still like it. In May I ordered a RRaptor because itā€™s the first time in all these years that I saw a truck that made me say ā€œWow, look at thatā€ so I luckily found a dealer who agreed to sell me their allocation for MSRP. Today is day 195 since I ordered & still do not have a VIN or build date. Seems a little rediculous that a corporation the size of Ford whose business it is to build vehicles canā€™t deliver one in that amount of time. I just canā€™t wrap my head around that fact & then I read stories about people waiting three years for a Bronco & Iā€™m just blown away by the apparent extreme level of incompetence that must exist for that to happen. Unbelievable is all I can say!!
I agree and I could see the first few months but this goes on for years.

You know you may get it at MSRP but they may force you to buy other stuff. It happened to allot of people buying the Maverick . They go to pick it up after being told MSRP and they add stuff like paint protection, nitrogen tires, filing fees etc. Technically it is MSRP still. Basically the dealers know they can sell it if you walk away so it is take it or leave it.

Dealers are forced into it by Ford not having stuff on their lots to sell. They need to survive. At first I was angry with the dealers but I now understand some.

I never paid even MSRP for any vehicle. Matter of fact I got my current Ranger I think at about 8,000 under. when I traded my Colorado I got almost what I paid for it.

Sponsored

Deinonychus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor on order (I think?)
Thanks for sharing. If I had placed a bet in May, when I ordered the Ranger, that the CyberTruck would start deliveries before my truck was delivered, I would have lost a lot of money.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Iā€˜m still sitting on the sidelines waiting for the 2.7L engine. The Ford supply chain is run by overconfident idiots, especially the new VP, so I donā€™t expect this to get better any time soon.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
The consequences of striking that long aren't resolved immediately when the strike ends. Lots of people in the chain were disrupted.

The 2.7l is still coming in job 2, that part has not yet changed. The cyber truck was also many years late...

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
The part constraint comments they keep making is BS. We build parts for most of the auto manufactures and have not had any constraints for about 1.5 years now. Yeah back in Covid era we had circuit board delays but those days are long gone.

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Ford might as well scrap the Ranger in North America at this point. I feel like all of the wind has been taken out of its sails. Maybe keep the Raptor because thatā€™s a niche market. But I feel the average Ranger buyer will move on to the GM twins or the Tacoma.

Sponsored

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
This form is not the majority of buyers. Most will just buy off dealer lots. This isn't the maverick or bronco.

Everyone is acting like the other trucks haven't had delays. The only one without a delay currently is the Tacoma, and you can't even order those, plus the good ones aren't available till spring next year...

Rangering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ford might as well scrap the Ranger in North America at this point. I feel like all of the wind has been taken out of its sails. Maybe keep the Raptor because thatā€™s a niche market. But I feel the average Ranger buyer will move on to the GM twins or the Tacoma.
Naw Toyota shot themselves in the foot with the new taco. You should check out the comments section on the new 24 taco mpg test. They put up worse numbers than a 23 Ranger and lower towing. Once the rangers start showing up on lots they got a fighting chance.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Naw Toyota shot themselves in the foot with the new taco. You should check out the comments section on the new 24 taco mpg test. They put up worse numbers than a 23 Ranger and lower towing. Once the rangers start showing up on lots they got a fighting chance.
Yeah, I don't think so. Toyota will sell as many of those as they can make. People were expecting 27, but got 24.. that's not too bad. Also, just because you 'can' tow 7000+ lbs with a medium sized Truck , doesn't mean you should. Honestly if you tow more than 5000lb regularly, you should be getting a full size truck. Anyway, the Tacoma has plenty going for it. First of all, I think it looks a bit better with the exception of the Raptor. Plus, there is always the perception of Toyota quality that will sell them as well. Ford hasn't had that reputation for a while. At this point, I'd take either one and be happy. We'll see who can deliver first.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Its looking more and more like the 5G Ranger. Available for 3 years in a said 10 year run.

nappy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
I don't think we'll see a Raptor on US soil before June of 2024 and that's being generous. It's clear from conversions with dealers, they haven't even heard of this vehicle, much less care about it, or willing to even ask for more information about it from Ford. It's not on anyone's radar.
Sponsored