• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
If Colorado gets a 10 speed and 2.7L turbo I might have to peace out, lol :D The V6 with the 8 speed is garbo.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
If Colorado gets a 10 speed and 2.7L turbo I might have to peace out, lol :D The V6 with the 8 speed is garbo.
I hope they do it. But they keep doubling down on that darn 8 speed. On the Silverado they only offer the 8 speed with the 2.7. And that is just in the last year or so they started doing that. When will GM get rid of the 8 speed? No way I'd pay a dime for anything that has it.

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
This thread is so confusing. So it an Aussie release? Or worldwide release? Can someone accurately summarize? Thank you.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
This thread is so confusing. So it an Aussie release? Or worldwide release? Can someone accurately summarize? Thank you.
The Nov 24th date is essentially the Australia/Asia Pacific reveal date, but the body/interior for the US version should be very similar. The main differences will be powertrains and release timing.
The Ranger is a global vehicle built in multiple locations. Australia has done a lot of the development. I believe the Asia-Pacific Rangers are built in Thailand and will see the first roll-out of the new design. US roll-out should come about a year later.
Not sure of the timing for the other manufacturing locations like South Africa.

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Local times for those in the US. Might be a late one for some of you!

US timezones vs AEDT.PNG
My question to the group here... will there be a R6G reveal party?
I do enough work globally that 1am shouldn't be a problem for me. I'd just need the link to the Australia reveal.

Maybe a recommendation from our friends in Australia on reveal party food/beverages.
Haven't had a Foster's oil can in decades. Is that still at thing?

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Global release, basically everywhere other than North America. The rest of us got the current Ranger from 2010 onwards, this is its replacement. Australia is the design and engineering lead for this platform, the Ranger and Everest were designed, engineered and prototyped here in Melbourne.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
I do enough work globally that 1am shouldn't be a problem for me. I'd just need the link to the Australia reveal.

Maybe a recommendation from our friends in Australia on reveal party food/beverages.
Fosters! Don't think any self respecting Australian has ever drank that muck ?
Try and get your hands on a decent drop like Carlton Draught (as a Victorian I am biased there). I understand that there will be a livestream posted to Ford Australia's Facebook and YouTube pages.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
The Nov 24th date is essentially the Australia/Asia Pacific reveal date, but the body/interior for the US version should be very similar. The main differences will be powertrains and release timing.
The Ranger is a global vehicle built in multiple locations. Australia has done a lot of the development. I believe the Asia-Pacific Rangers are built in Thailand and will see the first roll-out of the new design. US roll-out should come about a year later.
Not sure of the timing for the other manufacturing locations like South Africa.
I used to live in the Fiji Islands and bought a 2014 XLT made in Thaland with the 3.2 inline 5 turbo diesel. Loved that truck. And when I came back to the states I waited patiently for it and it looked so different. Just didn't have any feeling for it. I'm hoping they correct the suspension issues that make it waddle back and forth and put the 2.7 into it. I gave up on any chance for a diesel. Even Chevy shut down the 2.8 duramax plant. It's funny though, the NA version could still look considerably different with bumper treatments and underpinnings etc... I fear the global verson will still look better. But at least with the current NA truck one can put a icon stage one lift and different wheels/rims that fixes allot of the ugliness as well has a aftermarket grill. Mine was the originai Ranger before the refresh which I think was in 2015. with nudge bar and sports bar in back. It was a good looking truck for sure. Loved that 3.2 and it didn't even have DEF installed.
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger Reveal Coming Nov 24. New Video Feature Released. 2014 Ranger

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I can already tell the headlights are going to look like the Maverick. In other words; they totally f'd it up. Ugliest headlights on any vehicle.

staryoshi

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
I can already tell the headlights are going to look like the Maverick. In other words; they totally f'd it up. Ugliest headlights on any vehicle.
I think the Mav front end is handsome, my only gripe with it is that it doesn't have fog lights.

Sponsored

CJay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Fosters! Don't think any self respecting Australian has ever drank that muck ?
Try and get your hands on a decent drop like Carlton Draught (as a Victorian I am biased there). I understand that there will be a livestream posted to Ford Australia's Facebook and YouTube pages.
That was about the response I expected. It seams like Fosters was a novelty here (due to the can size), back in the '80s, before every other town resumed some sort of small, craft, brewery.

Don't recall if I've ever had Carlton Draught. Pretty sure I have, but it probably was a probably decade or two ago. I'm mainly a Stout or Porter drinker now.

I'll see what I can do to locate some and give it a try.

Cheers!

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Here’s the Ford Australia link withe the Facebook and YouTube live stream info. Unfortunately its at 2AM EST for us US Ranger fans…. https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/future-vehicle/next-gen-ranger?intcmp=bb-fau-hp-fau--return
Watch the Global Launch exclusively
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/FordAustralia
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/fordofaustralia?app=desktop

zhuskers1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
Please post pics!! Sad that it is Aussie only.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Please post pics!! Sad that it is Aussie only.
I'm sure the release will be taped and published right after. I think when us in the US wake up tomorrow morning it will be all over the place.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger Reveal Coming Nov 24. New Video Feature Released. 1637691318088

I was just rewatching the pre-release video Ford posted and saw this detailing the hood. It is very fast snipit.
Found it a bit odd. I don't see that design language on the Maverick or F150.

While it doesn't appear to be a functional hood scoop here me out on this conspiracy theory.
The Wildtrak and Raptor Variants will have a functional hood scoop. And while this Variant appears to not be a Wildtrak or Raptor, due to the mass design and parts this is implying there will be such a scoop on the new Ranger.
***Mic drop*** heard it here first folks hahaha

Next prediction. The 2.7 L will be available in XLT trims and above!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.