• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac 2002 5 speed manual
Occupation
Farmer
I currently own a 2002 Sport Trac. It has 170,000 miles and been a very reliable vehicle with almost no maintenance issues. It is the same dimensions as a crewcab Ranger. My next truck has to have a rear bed with the rear axle centered in the bed. If you don't think this is important then take your crewcab Ranger down to your local feed coop and put five railroad ties in the bed.

So even though I have only used Ford trucks my entire life my next truck will probably be a Tundra or a Tacoma because I will get the payload and bed configuration I need for probably about $5000 less than from Ford. Their configurations (Tacoma crewcab longbed or Tundra doublecab SR5) work for me. From Ford to get what I need I have to get an extended cab F150, 2.7 ecoboost with the payload option. The Ford options drive its cost way above what the Toyotas cost.
Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
You won't see anything about the US version of the Ranger this year it seems, so don't be too worried when there is only one wheelbase for the rest of us.
Well thatā€™s a bummer! I hope we donā€™t have to wait too long for the US version. Iā€™m driving a 20 year old truck (104k on the odometer) and have money in my account for a change (been banking a truck payment to myself the last 4 years). Not sure how much longer I can wait!?!?

Reactions: Doc

Halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Fire Department
And they'll reveal that the north American timeline will actually be much sooner and I can finally order the truck I want. I've seen stranger things happen...
Don't hold your breath. They're still months behind on 2021 Rangers.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
Don't hold your breath. They're still months behind on 2021 Rangers.
We can only hope the NA date for ordering the 6G Ranger will not be delayed. Hopefully, the supply chain will be back to normal and Ford will produce a quality product.

Sponsored

BlockRanger11

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda accord
Occupation
Associate Manager
So will this be on sale at the end of next year as a 2023 model?

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
I'm still hoping for a PowerBoost version of the Ranger. I'd love to be in a position a few years from know where I can't decide between a 4WD Ranger PowerBoost and an AWD Hybrid Maverick. One can only hope.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Please post live stream info!
When it becomes available I'll try and post it, it should also be on Ford Australia's social media. The time is 6PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time, 24th November. That's 7 AM UTC on 24/11/21.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
When it becomes available I'll try and post it, it should also be on Ford Australia's social media. The time is 6PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time, 24th November. That's 7 AM UTC on 24/11/21.
Local times for those in the US. Might be a late one for some of you!

Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Ranger Reveal Coming Nov 24. New Video Feature Released. US timezones vs AEDT.PNG

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I canā€™t wait for this reveal either!!! Iā€™m hopeful the US gets a long wheelbase option for a SuperCrew/longbed configuration! Itā€™s the reason I donā€™t own a SuperCrew Lariat now. I saw a Tacoma TRD Off-road 4x4 the other day in a Crewcab/longbed configuration and it looked great! My ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat (bought new) is ready for a new home already!!!

Iā€™m taking the day of the reveal off work since itā€™s the day before Thanksgiving (kids will be out of school). I canā€™t imagine getting much work done in the office that day anyhow since Iā€™d be scouring the web for Ranger info. ?
I doubt this new ladder frame will offer LWB. It's pretty much a rip off the T6 frame but I think it's modified. That is, will be a wider body/box. Saw one pic on YT of interior and the center arm rest looks allot wider. Probably the only way to get a 6 foot box will be the space cab or whatever ford calls it. I'm also thinking Ford won't offer this because they always worry about canalizing their F-150. Like you I hope I'm wrong but I have serious doubts. The other good news is that GM will also have a larger Colorado that will have a crew with LWB. Frontier has it but its still a pretty small truck. They kept the older F-alpha frame. Toyota will have something based off the new Tundra which will also be impressive.
Another reason I'm 95 percent certain it won't have a LWB is the ranger is a global truck. Many of the parts will be the same world wide outside of trans/engine options. Overseas they really don't have LWB mid size trucks. As for Nissan and Toyota their mid size are exclusive to north America only. Overseas they have the Navara and Hilux trucks. Thus why they offer LWB in the NA market only. The only exception to this that I can think of is the Colorado. Which has the shorter box overseas but has the LWB here. But GM pretty much not selling the Colorado overseas anymore. They shut down Holden in Australia. Just could not compete again Ford and Toyota for the most part. Lets just say, if you don't see a LWB on Nov 24 in Australia then it ain't going to happen in the US. There will be very little differences other then minor underpinnings, engine and trans. options. The next gen Colorado might be the closet thing to fill your needs. From the mules I see testing, its looks about the same form factor as the Ranger. They look similar. Plus GM will likely put their 2.7 turbo into it which will boost the torque up to 400 lbs. If they put the 10 speed in that its a winner. If they use that crappy 8 speed again then its back to the drawing board. That trans is knackered.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.