• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

OHTREMOR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Lariat Tremor
Will be extremely surprised if we see the new 6G Ranger here in the USA before late 2023 or early 2024.

First Ford still hasn’t launched the new Ranger in the USA. Second, MAP is way behind on Broncos. Broncos order fulfillment will surely take precedence over the new Ranger. Just look at the sticker price difference. They have to make more money on the Broncos. Some people have also been waiting for two years on Bronco orders. Ford will want to use as much production time at MAP as possible to fulfill those orders first.

I bought my 21 Tremor in Dec 21 with a plan to keep 3 years. At that point both ford and GM should have their redesigned Rangers and Canyons on the road and available. Assuming we don’t have another repeat of the supply chain disruptions of 2020.

Kind of sucks that a USA owned/based company like Ford has decided to give the rest of the world the new Ranger first but I’m really not surprised. People here tend to go for the larger trucks but the midsize truck market is making a comeback in the States. If GM or Toyota beat them to market with their redesigned midsize trucks Ford will have missed a big opportunity.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
Will be extremely surprised if we see the new 6G Ranger here in the USA before late 2023 or early 2024.

First Ford still hasn’t launched the new Ranger in the USA. Second, MAP is way behind on Broncos. Broncos order fulfillment will surely take precedence over the new Ranger. Just look at the sticker price difference. They have to make more money on the Broncos. Some people have also been waiting for two years on Bronco orders. Ford will want to use as much production time at MAP as possible to fulfill those orders first.

I bought my 21 Tremor in Dec 21 with a plan to keep 3 years. At that point both ford and GM should have their redesigned Rangers and Canyons on the road and available. Assuming we don’t have another repeat of the supply chain disruptions of 2020.

Kind of sucks that a USA owned/based company like Ford has decided to give the rest of the world the new Ranger first but I’m really not surprised. People here tend to go for the larger trucks but the midsize truck market is making a comeback in the States. If GM or Toyota beat them to market with their redesigned midsize trucks Ford will have missed a big opportunity.

Just my 2 cents.

Happy sticking with the tremor? I drove one this evening, it is a super nice truck. No complaints. I would have much rather driven home in it than my edge. They were a little light on the edge offer and I had to go. Will see if here from them tomorrow.... You make a point that is a factor for me, when I can actually order the 6G its going to take a long time to come in. I could spend that time cruising around in a Tremor.

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Thant conflicts with what I have from the dealer though it doesn't make what you say wrong. that said, it would mean that either your information or that from the local dealer is wrong. they both can't be correct.

OHTREMOR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Lariat Tremor
Happy sticking with the tremor? I drove one this evening, it is a super nice truck. No complaints. I would have much rather driven home in it than my edge. They were a little light on the edge offer and I had to go. Will see if here from them tomorrow.... You make a point that is a factor for me, when I can actually order the 6G its going to take a long time to come in. I could spend that time cruising around in a Tremor.
Love my Truck. I did a few cosmetic changes but the truck rides well and has decent power. So far so good at 12000 miles.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
If you are looking for a mid size truck within the next 2 years I would not be waiting around for the 6G.
I have been saying what OHTREMOR has said. Ford is asking too much of the Michigan plant. Every time Ford comes up with a new Bronco model my blood boils. Just my opinion but I feel the Ranger is going to be the same fiasco of what the Bronco release was or is. Dealers taking advantage of the supply and demand. If I do order a 6G I am looking at 2025.

Sponsored

paulford8

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge AWD Ecoboost
Occupation
Engineer
65 Comet Scooter? I once had a 65 Falcon, miss that car.

I loved the Tremor I looked at yesterday, busy rest of the week but if they dont sell it this weekend I maybe circling back on it. The beauty of it is I will still get the 6G, but if I have a 5G Tremor I wont be in as much of a hurry.

OP
OP
19rngr

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
This FL dealer updated their 2023 Ranger page
Ford Ranger 2023 Ranger Order Bank Opening slips to August 2nd 1659440781118

Grizz

First Name
Kes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
Dissabled
Order Bank will open the 18th now.

Thanks for the post . My appointment was for today in a few hours. Wonder if they'll let me in on it.

I don't think I can deal with Fords "games". Kerning the customer around. Regardless of their excuses. The posts of others reinforce. New this and that and models and trims, but can't even fulfill orders and contracts. I became livid awhile back having to sign a disclosure (possibly wrong term) that Ford may not include all the features and options that come with tje vehicle or trim.

Insane. Just pull the frigging plug till you can build the truck as ordered and advertised.

Maybe they could send a runner down the street and pickup a hyndai or Toyota and stencil Ford in the tailgate.

Sorry. Long time Ford family. Haven't been to bed for a day or so. Tired, hot and annoyed.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
I can empathize as I had ordered 3 vehicles during the pandemic era. I still have a Bronco on order which has been for about a year and a half, and My F-150 took 9 months, as well. The auto industry as a whole has similar issues so its not just Ford ( not that is supposed to make you feel better or anything) . In the Ford case however, it does have its own set of issues on top of the industry wide issues that make this exhausting.

Sponsored

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
This FL dealer updated their 2023 Ranger page
1659440781118.png
Interesting. That contradicts just about everything else we've seen.
Wish Ford would just pull the cover off already lol

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Interesting. That contradicts just about everything else we've seen.
Wish Ford would just pull the cover off already lol
Obviously its a huge dealership and all but I wouldn't put too much stock in that. At the most, they will probably be glad to take a deposit for a 'pre-order' ( there is no such thing as a pre-order aside from Ford's reservation system)

OP
OP
19rngr

19rngr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I called the largest Ford Dealer in the Detroit Metro area. They confirmed that today (Aug 2nd) is a bust. The Order Bank did NOT open today as hoped.

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys Gladiator
At least the 2023 order guide dropped today. Still a Gen 5 which was pretty much known already. But for the naysayers it confirms.
Sponsored