• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Test Drive when?

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Does anyone know when we can expect to see a test drive with the US 2024 Ranger? Don't those normally happen with automotive journalists prior to them entering the market?
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Probably soon. Just be patient.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
It has been in other parts of the world and we have read some accounts of the non NA version of the truck.

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
And look at us all - purchasing a hugely expensive truck - sight unseen - well undriven. Now that's faith in engineering!
I drove a ā€˜23 and decided that at the very least, it will be like G5, but from what I hear the ride/drive have improvedā€¦.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know when we can expect to see a test drive with the US 2024 Ranger? Don't those normally happen with automotive journalists prior to them entering the market?
there's normally a media Embargo period when nobody can publish anything about their test drive reports or videos, etc. Those sources (including posters here) have been silent lately so I'm assuming we're in embargo now and no hint of when it will end.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
there's normally a media Embargo period when nobody can publish anything about their test drive reports or videos, etc. Those sources (including posters here) have been silent lately so I'm assuming we're in embargo now and no hint of when it will end.
I was hoping someone would post a pic showing them rolling off the line today or something as the official first day of production. Your assumption of a media embargo makes a lot of sense. I guess they might be having an embargo until the UAW situation gets settled. Doesnā€™t do them much good if a day or two after hyping folks up about the Ranger it immediately gets overshadowed by a possible strike and all the news that will make.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I was hoping someone would post a pic showing them rolling off the line today or something as the official first day of production. Your assumption of a media embargo makes a lot of sense. I guess they might be having an embargo until the UAW situation gets settled. Doesnā€™t do them much good if a day or two after hyping folks up about the Ranger it immediately gets overshadowed by a possible strike and all the news that will make.
Thereā€™s always a media embargo for car reviews.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Thereā€™s always a media embargo for car reviews.
I realize that, but I donā€™t figure under normal circumstances the embargo would continue past the official start building date which is supposedly today.

Deleted member 6764

I realize that, but I donā€™t figure under normal circumstances the embargo would continue past the official start building date which is supposedly today.
Doubtful the media hold would have anything to do with the UAW negotiations. It would more have to do with vehicles shipping to dealers. And Job1 is pushed out another week.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Doubtful the media hold would have anything to do with the UAW negotiations. It would more have to do with vehicles shipping to dealers. And Job1 is pushed out another week.
Yeah I just saw the date got pushed back in the other thread. I hope the embargo doesnā€™t hold out until after vehicles are shipped/arriving at dealers because thatā€™s still a few weeks away, at least.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
The embargo date and the date of production are not interrelated. The embargo ends when enough media have had time to review which means ford has made enough models to get that done.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
In this video, TFL said they'd be driving the RR within a month or two.

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
And look at us all - purchasing a hugely expensive truck - sight unseen - well undriven. Now that's faith in engineering!
And a reply to my original post: We HOPE to one day buy a hugely even more expensive truck sight unseen in a land far far away.
Sponsored