• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

6g bed dimensions vs 5g bed

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I'm thinking the '24 Ranger bed dimensions will differ from the 2019 5g I currently have. I was wondering if my Gator cover would fit if I trade up to a new Ranger? It appears the fenders look different and I hear the overall truck is wider. Anyone know?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I read the wheel wells are now wide enough for a 4' sheet of plywood to fit between. I guess we'll have to check the specs to see, but probably won't know for sure until someone tries it. I have a gator cover, too.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
My guess is your bed covers will fit. Yes, they did widen the space between the wheel wells and the outer bedsides are now bulged outward to cover the tires due to a wider rear axle but I don't believe they changed much of anything else as far as the bed is concerned. I'm also thinking they didn't change the width of the frame rails under the bed. They did change the front section of the frame rails to make more space for the wider V6 engines which also pushed the suspension components outward thus giving it a wider track. All they had to do out back was use a matching wider rear axle which would also create space between the rear hubs and frame rails to fit the new outboard rear shocks which was also key to widening the space between the rear wheel wells.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
I read the wheel wells are now wide enough for a 4' sheet of plywood to fit between. I guess we'll have to check the specs to see, but probably won't know for sure until someone tries it. I have a gator cover, too.
Bed has been changed, widened. These specs should be available once the order guide comes out. I'd expect new covers will be needed. I'm not expecting my Gator on my 21 tremor to fit on my 24 ranger. Hope that I'm wrong, but with the vehicle being wider overall and the purposeful increase in the bed size, I'd be shocked for a prior yr model bed cover to fit.

Last edited:

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Is the inside / cabin the same size as the 5g?

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Is the inside / cabin the same size as the 5g?
The dash, seats. etc have been redesigned and in such Rear legroom was increased. I thought other aspects had as well due to the redesign, but I think most will remain close to what they are now. They've posted tech specs on here you could compare to prior years.

Last edited:

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Good news and (maybe) not good news: just received confirmation that the bed dimensions are the same (yay) EXCEPT FOR the plastic bed rail caps. He says these may cause an issue with transferring our covers from the 5G to the 6G seamlessly. I have a Fas-Top Travel Package, which is a tonneau cover AND a built-in topper that can be popped up when I need extra protected space. I truly don't want to spend another $1200 on that!

That was all the info he could give me as of today; I will update if he gives any more info.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Good news and (maybe) not good news: just received confirmation that the bed dimensions are the same (yay) EXCEPT FOR the plastic bed rail caps. He says these may cause an issue with transferring our covers from the 5G to the 6G seamlessly. I have a Fas-Top Travel Package, which is a tonneau cover AND a built-in topper that can be popped up when I need extra protected space. I truly don't want to spend another $1200 on that!

That was all the info he could give me as of today; I will update if he gives any more info.
the video i saw you could put more in the bed then previous gen. is that correct?

Sponsored

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
the video i saw you could put more in the bed then previous gen. is that correct?
I believe they laid it out differently, especially with the wider track. They pushed those wheel well bumps out far enough that you can (supposedly) put in a 4x sheet of plywood/drywall, etc., and have it be flat on the floor.

If you watch this video, starting at the 1:03 mark, they morph between 5G and 6G from the rear 3/4 shot. That bed (top) hardly changes at all, but the sheet metal around it does.

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/thre...er-whats-new-what-isnt-nice-short-video.7440/

galion

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I don't know if the US spec Ranger Raptor bed measures the same, but I have two 5gen Bakflip MX4 covers, one global spec and one US spec (yeah an expensive mistake) and none fits my 2023 next Gen Ranger Raptor (Thailand manufactured for Aussie, Asian and Latam markets)

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I don't know if the US spec Ranger Raptor bed measures the same, but I have two 5gen Bakflip MX4 covers, one global spec and one US spec (yeah an expensive mistake) and none fits my 2023 next Gen Ranger Raptor (Thailand manufactured for Aussie, Asian and Latam markets)
Are they too big or too small? I'm wondering if the bed has grown or shrunk.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'll be happy if I can transfer my decked storage system for my current Ranger to the new one without having a fabricated up new brackets. Either way it's going to happen though haha
Sponsored