• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I believe the color is magnetic gray it looks darker on the carbonized gray Rangers as they look 2 tone.
You are correct. Corrected my post.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Going tomorrow. Disappointed no Raptor but it'll be good to see the new interior. Thanks for sharing!
Was hoping for a Raptor too, but just glad they had any ranger and it was open with power on so you could see interior abd manipulate the power seats etc.

I'll be curious to see what you think of it and the Tacoma.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair, Ranger Raptor on the way.
Occupation
Railroader
Why Ford cheaped out the Ranger for North America is beyond me. I guess they wanted to protect their cash cow the F150. They should have given us a Platinam like they do overseas. They also should have keep the rear passanger air vent, auto 4wd in the higher trims, and the rear seat grab handles like the overseas models have. Ford just treats the North American market like step children. Give us the asian and euro markets bells and whistles too. The Wildtrak would do well here if they offered it here. Even the new Lincoln Nautilus in china gets air cooled seats in the rear not here. They delete the feature for us even though it is made in China, its not unlike a Lincoln customer would not pay to have that feature. Even the Chinese Explorer has way more tech then new 25 Explorer for N.A and a much nicer interior. What Gives Ford, do you not like us Americans anymore. By the way Ford, someone looking for a Ranger is not looking at a F150. Ford it is time to change your thinking allot of us want all these features and unless your brand loyal we will shop else where. Also where is the sunroof for the Ranger all the other brands offer one. Come on Ford think out side of the box you could have a segment first such as panoramic sunroof which would be great in the Ranger. It would make the Ranger seem more open and up scale in the interior with that feature. Just a rant sorry for the long one.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
I'm holding out for the 2.7L v6 engine !! That or the '23 diesel Jeep Gladiator Willys (since prices have been slashed and dealers are offering good discount. I already priced one at $44k).

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Why Ford cheaped out the Ranger for North America is beyond me. I guess they wanted to protect their cash cow the F150. They should have given us a Platinam like they do overseas. They also should have keep the rear passanger air vent, auto 4wd in the higher trims, and the rear seat grab handles like the overseas models have. Ford just treats the North American market like step children. Give us the asian and euro markets bells and whistles too. The Wildtrak would do well here if they offered it here. Even the new Lincoln Nautilus in china gets air cooled seats in the rear not here. They delete the feature for us even though it is made in China, its not unlike a Lincoln customer would not pay to have that feature. Even the Chinese Explorer has way more tech then new 25 Explorer for N.A and a much nicer interior. What Gives Ford, do you not like us Americans anymore. By the way Ford, someone looking for a Ranger is not looking at a F150. Ford it is time to change your thinking allot of us want all these features and unless your brand loyal we will shop else where. Also where is the sunroof for the Ranger all the other brands offer one. Come on Ford think out side of the box you could have a segment first such as panoramic sunroof which would be great in the Ranger. It would make the Ranger seem more open and up scale in the interior with that feature. Just a rant sorry for the long one.
For every person like yourself that wants all the extras, there's someone like me who is happy it isn't all there. OEM builds & options are sort of a Chicken & the egg argument: Are vehicles built based on customer preferences, or are customer preferences a function of what the OEM want's to sell/move/make the most profit on? Example: I like that there's no moonroof on the Ranger. One less leak to be concerned about. One less mechanical component that may break. More peace of mind.

That said, it probably doesn't behoove Ford to release all options and all variants right out the gate. Additional features/options/carrots rolled out over the next 5-7yrs means continued interest. The person who passes on year 1 may buy in year 2, because not features are available. Early adopters are going to buy either way...but a slow-roll of options & trims keeps interest humming along long term.

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroader
LFRR13 Your wrong on that if your competition already has these features you chance losing a customer for life to the competition thats has these features. Ford treats the Ranger like a after thought instead of like how Toyota treats its Tacoma, by offer choices to its customers. Want a hybrid check, want a sunroof check, want heated and cool seats check and want a striped down version with a 6 foot bed check and all that is only available with a Toyota Tacomo. You may not want a sunroof so you have a choice to order the Ranger without it while the rest of us who want it can if they choose. Even the Maverick offers the choice for a sunroof and thats the cheap truck of Fords lineup. Ford taking there time to release options over time will cost them customers to the competition that already have them. Not all will but some will defect, only the loyalist will buy your product blindly. NA Ford needs to pull there you know what out of the you know what. This thinking at Ford is why GM out sells Ford's trucks when you combine GMC and Chevy. I'am a Ford loyalist but chance are I may not be for long and considering you do not even have a Ford since your vehicle is Honda ridgeline you do not as they say have skin in the game.

Last edited:

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
LFRR13 Your wrong on that if your competition already has these features you chance losing a customer for life to the competition thats has these features. Ford treats the Ranger like a after thought instead of like how Toyota treats its Tacoma, by offer choices to its customers. Want a hybrid check, want a sunroof check, want heated and cool seats check and want a striped down version with a 6 foot bed check and all that is only available with a Toyota Tacomo. You may not want a sunroof so you have a choice to order the Ranger without it while the rest of us who want it can if they choose. Even the Maverick offers the choice for a sunroof and thats the cheap truck of Fords lineup. Ford taking there time to release options over time will cost them customers to the competition that already have them. Not all will but some will defect, only the loyalist will buy your product blindly. NA Ford needs to pull there you know what out of the you know what. This thinking at Ford is why GM out sells Ford's trucks when you combine GMC and Chevy. I'am a Ford loyalist but chance are I may not be for long and considering you do not even have a Ford since your vehicle is Honda ridgeline you do not as they say have skin in the game.
I would agree to some extend, but you make it sound like you can order the perfect Toyota. The fact is you can't order anything. They find the closest, and you get what you get. Toyota also bundles a lot of features in packages, and you can't get just heated seats. You need to get heated seats and a ton of other things you may or may not want.

Sponsored

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroader
Thats fine because at least I can get the option I want and do I like that I have to get the other stuff no. But I can get what i want with Ford I cannot. You can order what you want from Toyota you just have to wait but hows is it that different then our wait for the Ranger. By the way Ford has done the same thing with ordering you cannot choose hardly anything without having to get something you do not want. Just look at the 2024 F150 King Ranch it everything our nothing and paint options are very few. So yes you have to get things you do not want for things you want in this market I get that. It used to be you could order a Ford truck anyway you want now its what ever Ford thinks you want. I know they are all doing it but for once Ford could think about their core customer instead thinking we are Porsche customers with tons of money. Farley wants that type of customer and he forgets the root of Fords customer base is the middle class customer, not some Porsche customer.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I'm holding out for the 2.7L v6 engine!! That or the '23 diesel Jeep Gladiator Willys (since prices have been slashed and dealers are offering good discount. I already priced one at $44k).
FWIW: I was "holding out" for a Supercab +6' bed option like the previous generation offered and so did our 2018 F-150. In fact I ordered a 6th Gen from my local trusted Ford dealer as he seemed pretty sure SCab would be offered at Job 2 and we could simply change my order later. I held onto that order until the strike and cancelled as I was tired of waiting and had already bought a Maverick from them as a placeholder to trade back to them after my new Ranger came in :facepalm:

At 13 months of getting by with the Maverick, I figured it was time to go to Plan B which was the new 3rd Gen Nissan Frontier, which I had already learned had a King Cab (SCab) + 6' bed standard AND a naturally Aspirated 310 HP V-6! Had not seen 1 in person or driven 1 as I sat back and watched and waited on a Ranger- there were MANY Frontiers within 250 miles of me that moved slowly at times so figured Plan B would always be there. Finally learned of a Nissan dealer 90 miles from me and saw a 2024 King Cab long bed SV in his inventory and dopped in unannounced and kicked the tires and test drove it. It was a perfect fit for me overall, but I didn't need the 4WD and wanted the SV Convenience package with bedliner, tow package and more that his didn't have.

Long story short, this dealer turned out to be 1 of the good ones and worked with me to grab the exact truck I wanted in transit to another dealer and no BS in the deal and I've had it 4 months and 1k miles now and love it. It has that SV Convenience package + Technology package I really didn't want/need + factory installed mud flaps and floor liner package you can't delete. Some of the stuff I actually grew to like and almost all the lane change and other Nanny tech have to be enabled on purpose so I don't even notice them. All this for $37, 500 OTD. I would put this truck up against a loaded Ranger XLT any day and even a basic Lariat feature wise w/o leather seats and other interior upgrades it may have standard that I don't want/need either- and still come out ahead price and feature wise and got this powertrain that is vastly better than the Ranger.

Might be worth a look at least on-line as an alternative to waiting on the Ranger but as always YMMV.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Thats fine because at least I can get the option I want and do I like that I have to get the other stuff no. But I can get what i want with Ford I cannot. You can order what you want from Toyota you just have to wait but hows is it that different then our wait for the Ranger. By the way Ford has done the same thing with ordering you cannot choose hardly anything without having to get something you do not want. Just look at the 2024 F150 King Ranch it everything our nothing and paint options are very few. So yes you have to get things you do not want for things you want in this market I get that. It used to be you could order a Ford truck anyway you want now its what ever Ford thinks you want. I know they are all doing it but for once Ford could think about their core customer instead thinking we are Porsche customers with tons of money. Farley wants that type of customer and he forgets the root of Fords customer base is the middle class customer, not some Porsche customer.
no, you can't order what you want from Toyota as poster above you pointed out. You can't add/drop features and customize it- you take or leave what they "find" for you. My neighbor went through that 2x already with getting new 4Runners. You also won't find dozens of new Tacomas sitting on lots to choose from to get what you want. You also won't find hybrids out yet and some other sought after higher end models like TrailRunner. Don't know where people get this idea you just run down to get your perfect Toyota that beats a Ranger as it just isn't reality.

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I just can't get on with those Lariat wheels. I can't stand directional wheels that only go one direction. They should be left/right specific. I know it saves them some production cost, but it reminds me of something you'd see on a Kia.

To me, the XLT has much nicer wheels, and really is just a better-looking truck overall. Which will save me some money when the time comes...
I agree! I like the XLT and Sport wheel package much more. But I really wish we could get these Tremor wheels! 2024 Ford Ranger Tremor - Overview (youtube.com)

wolf32v

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Railroader
Same thing can be said with Ford with all their problems like no 360 camera on the Explorers and material holds on orders. Last time I checked I cant go down to a local Ford dealer and pick out a Ranger they have none on the lot. At least you can get a Tacomo off a Toyota lot. I never said I could custom order a Tacomo I was original talking about how europe and asia get more chooses on their Rangers and wish we had the same features like rear air vents and handles to pull you into to the truck at every door opening like the other markets have. You dont have to order a Raptor to get the auto 4wd its available on the other models oveseas to name a few. Everyone is waiting for what they want and this market it just missed up. You can order a Ranger when you get thats anybodys guess.
https://www.landerstoyota.com/inven...PJ4pDowJJZ11eJtzbdQVnWzaDojVtcPRoCFBcQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

Last edited: