• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Colorado-Canyon Stop Sale

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah..saw this coming after months of constant issues being posted on the forums over there.

So many people saying "this is just typical first model year issues it's to be expected" until the issues kept piling up for months and months. If OTA updates are bricking the truck and people driving the truck aren't allowed to toggle their headlights with the software button....yeah there are some serious issues with your QA process. I wouldn't recommend these new trucks to anyone after all the issues I've seen, no matter how nice the exterior looks.

At least they are trying to take care if it before the 2024s get sold.

Rda2w

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2019 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
Engineer
The software is always the last thing to be finished. And they always blame the hardware team for not providing finished hardware to test on soon enough. Damn engineers. :LOL:

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Yeah..saw this coming after months of constant issues being posted on the forums over there.

So many people saying "this is just typical first model year issues it's to be expected" until the issues kept piling up for months and months. If OTA updates are bricking the truck and people driving the truck aren't allowed to toggle their headlights with the software button....yeah there are some serious issues with your QA process. I wouldn't recommend these new trucks to anyone after all the issues I've seen, no matter how nice the exterior looks.

At least they are trying to take care if it before the 2024s get sold.
100%
I had an order pending acceptance ready to go for a GMC Canyon AT4. The more I researched I felt like I was about to make a $53k+ mistake. Definitely felt like I was about to be part of the field testing for GMC. Called it off. Really pumped about getting a RR.

Last edited:

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...nyon-trucks-recalled-for-braking-a7787558900/

General Motors is recalling over 57,000 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks from the 2023 model year because their automatic emergency braking (AEB) systems may activate unexpectedly and unintentionally, stopping or slowing the vehicle while in motion. This problem is commonly known as “phantom braking.”

The automaker says the problem has to do with improperly calibrated software that falsely detects an obstacle where there is none. If this happens while the vehicle is in motion, it could cause a crash.
In documents provided to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, GM said it was aware of five crashes related to this recall (four in U.S., one in Canada). Three of the crashes involved minor injuries. The automaker also said it was aware of 234 owner complaints about the defect.
GM dealerships will perform a software update to fix the calibration of the front camera module (FCM) on affected vehicles. Last week the automaker ordered dealerships to stop selling the 2023 Colorado and Canyon trucks that were already on dealer lots until the problem could be fixed.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...nyon-trucks-recalled-for-braking-a7787558900/

General Motors is recalling over 57,000 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickup trucks from the 2023 model year because their automatic emergency braking (AEB) systems may activate unexpectedly and unintentionally, stopping or slowing the vehicle while in motion. This problem is commonly known as “phantom braking.”

The automaker says the problem has to do with improperly calibrated software that falsely detects an obstacle where there is none. If this happens while the vehicle is in motion, it could cause a crash.
In documents provided to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, GM said it was aware of five crashes related to this recall (four in U.S., one in Canada). Three of the crashes involved minor injuries. The automaker also said it was aware of 234 owner complaints about the defect.
GM dealerships will perform a software update to fix the calibration of the front camera module (FCM) on affected vehicles. Last week the automaker ordered dealerships to stop selling the 2023 Colorado and Canyon trucks that were already on dealer lots until the problem could be fixed.

Sounds like the same thing with my RAM. The back up sensors would think a small grade(backing into a driveway) and slam on the brakes. First thing I did was turn it off. GM has it harder as you can't turn that stuff off.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
All my vehicles suffer from phantom acceleration. None of the police officers that pull me over buy it though. ☹