• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranking 2024 looks of Ranger, Colorado, Tacoma

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
I just got a good look at the new Tacoma.
Not impressed at all. The SR5 is dragging it's chin on the ground. The wheel wells are now square not round and large enough to swallow anything not 35s... so street tires look silly. It's all too much, and may not age well. It's obviously modern Asian appeal. Not as visually appealing I don't think, as some of the earlier designs.

The Colorado is beautiful, nice lines, athletic. It's my number 2. The excessive black plastic, front end is it's downfall. But even that is really pretty good. The stance and dimensions are great! Nice lines, with a touch of classic boxy GM style.

The Ranger is hands down #1 in looks. From the redesigned front lighting to the gentle fender flairs to the graceful hood. From the new wider stance, to it's strong overall appearance. It's one well balanced look. It has a slight conservative appeal with an athletic build that I just love.

Ranger
Colorado
Tacoma
(Nissan) anyone?

I'm curious what others have to say about the up-coming 2024 mid-sized models
Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1) Colorado
2) Canyon
3) Ranger
4) Frontier
5) Tacoma

The overly aggressive front-end is clearly popular. I would say the only truck here that isn't following that trend as much is the ranger. In some ways I think the ranger looks the best with that in mind, but the GM twins look really good. If i wasn't buying a ranger i'd be getting a canyon at4.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
For the standard trucks I'd say:

1. Canyon
2. Colorado
3. Tacoma
4. Ranger

Though this may not be totally fair since the only ones I've seen in person are the GM twins. Seeing in person makes a big difference.

As for the top trims of each, I'd say it's:

1. Ranger Raptor/Canyon AT4X
2. Colorado ZR2
3. Tacoma TRD Pro

The Raptor and AT4X are a tie in my book as far as looks. For overall, the Raptor obviously wins out as that's what I've ordered.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Exterior:

1. Ranger
2. Colorado
3. Canyon
4. Tacoma

I think the Colorado looks sharp exterior wise, but interior is hideous in my opinion. I spend majority of the time looking at the interior vs exterior so that matters. Luckily I think the Ranger looks good inside and outside.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Frontier is the only one that doesn't look bloated. If they didn't drive like a 20 year old boat I'd probably buy one.

Frontier
Ranger
GM
Tacoma

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
1) Ranger
2) Tacoma
3) Canyon
4) Colorado
5) Ridgeline
6) Frontier

Ok here’s my ranking. I love the understated conservative look the Ranger wears, it looks like a modern version of my old 07 F150. Equally at home in about any environment without standing out too much.

The Tacoma though it’s quite the opposite, I really like it. The design, at least in pictures, appears well balanced & moderately aggressive without being too much. Though yeah that chin spoiler…

Colorado/Canyon. They look so similar to me on the exterior even with the Canyon’s different fenders. I’m giving the nod to the GMC for its interiors. I’m a fan of the browns used in the AT4 & Denali, the Denali in particular to me looks like a modern version of a 1980 Oldsmobile in a good way.

Ridgeline I should consider for size/comfort, but it really looks like a minivan with the back cut off. The Frontier is certainly new enough but just seems kinda cheap looking if I can say that. I don’t see a reason to pick either of this pair over one of the 3/4 new offerings.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
1. Canyon. I really dig the squinty headlights and the signature lighting that goes all the way up the grill and bumper
2. Colorado
3. Tacoma. I don’t know if it because they don’t add running boards but something about the stance of Tacomas always looks sturdy to me.
4. Ranger. The Raptor looks great but the other trims look a little “dainty” to me.
99. Frontier. Nissan need to learn when to quit. It looks like they kept adding plastic on a dare and no one ever said stop.

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Need a poll or something haha
1. Canyon
2. Tacoma
3. Colorado
4. Ranger
5. Frontier
6. Ridgeline

CaptAngry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Taco
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
For me it is a toss-up between the Ranger (Raptor specifically) and the Canyon

1. Ranger (Raptor only)
2. Canyon <-- Which I have a deposit on
3. Colorado
4. Tacoma (TRD Pro/TH only)
5. Ranger (non-Raptor)
6. The "others"

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
1. Ranger (Raptor only)
2. Canyon
3. Colorado
4. Tacoma (TRD Pro)
5. Ranger (non-Raptor)

Sponsored

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech
Canyon
Frontier
Colorado
Tacoma
Ranger

I actually think the ranger is the ugliest truck. Iv very much considered pushing off buying it for 3years and hoping for a mid cycle refresh for looks

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrack Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars
Not impressed at all. The SR5 is dragging it's chin on the ground. The wheel wells are now square not round and large enough to swallow anything not 35s... so street tires look silly. It's all too much, and may not age well. It's obviously modern Asian appeal. Not as visually appealing I don't think, as some of the earlier designs.

The Colorado is beautiful, nice lines, athletic. It's my number 2. The excessive black plastic, front end is it's downfall. But even that is really pretty good. The stance and dimensions are great! Nice lines, with a touch of classic boxy GM style.

The Ranger is hands down #1 in looks. From the redesigned front lighting to the gentle fender flairs to the graceful hood. From the new wider stance, to it's strong overall appearance. It's one well balanced look. It has a slight conservative appeal with an athletic build that I just love.

Ranger
Colorado
Tacoma
(Nissan) anyone?

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WildTrack Jeep 392
Occupation
work on Mars

Ranger
Colorado
Tacoma
(Nissan) anyone?

Well I’ve still got a Ranger Raptor on order, ordered on May 26. I believe I won’t see my order until early next year 24. So with that being said I had a chance to buy a GMC Canyon AT4X and jumped on it for MSRP &57,400. Still have Ranger Raptor on order, but will probably let it go when it shows up.

Ford Ranger Ranking 2024 looks of Ranger, Colorado, Tacoma IMG_0198

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Well I’ve still got a Ranger Raptor on order, ordered on May 26. I believe I won’t see my order until early next year 24. So with that being said I had a chance to buy a GMC Canyon AT4X and jumped on it for MSRP &57,400. Still have Ranger Raptor on order, but will probably let it go when it shows up.

IMG_0198.jpeg
If you’re probably gonna let it go, why not give it up now so someone else that’s looking for one can get a shot at it. There are a few folks on this forum that got mislead by their dealers and ended up without an allocation. They would certainly appreciate a heads up if you were in a generous mood.

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe Z71, Mustang GT
Canyon, Colorado, Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger.
The 6g has a redeeming interior, but that’s not a face I love. Just reminds me of the early 2000s for some reason.
Sponsored