• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Dealer Markup....any Prevention?

OP
OP

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded Focus RS, '21Ranger Tremor
I've had my share of specialty vehicles, and what I consider in ANY place is the ethics of the sale, both at the mfg and dealer level, and not what your thought determines what I should or shouldn't consider buying, and frankly your comment sounds demeaning. I bought my Focus RS at msrp from an ethical dealer willing to commit and I will do my best to pick up the Ranger Rat at the same msrp.... but thanks for your opinion.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I think what you will see, is that in the next 6-12 months (actually perfect timing for when the Ranger Raptor will be releasing in NA), no dealer will be charging ADMs. We are already seeing that banks and credit unions simply won't fund loans that are 125% the car value anymore. Right now the banks are getting burned by delinquencies and defaults, because so many people are upside down on their loans. Gas is high, inflation is high, cost of living is high, theres no more free money from the government, all these factors will slow the demand for new cars. And we are already seeing it.

As I commented before, the fastest way to stop ADMs is to stop paying it. Every time some idiot agrees to pay 90K ADM on a Z06, it enforces dealers strategy.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I've had my share of specialty vehicles, and what I consider in ANY place is the ethics of the sale, both at the mfg and dealer level, and not what your thought determines what I should or shouldn't consider buying, and frankly your comment sounds demeaning. I bought my Focus RS at msrp from an ethical dealer willing to commit and I will do my best to pick up the Ranger Rat at the same msrp.... but thanks for your opinion.
Sounds like you have it all figured out :thumbsup: Good luck with that!

OP
OP

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think what you will see, is that in the next 6-12 months (actually perfect timing for when the Ranger Raptor will be releasing in NA), no dealer will be charging ADMs. We are already seeing that banks and credit unions simply won't fund loans that are 125% the car value anymore. Right now the banks are getting burned by delinquencies and defaults, because so many people are upside down on their loans. Gas is high, inflation is high, cost of living is high, theres no more free money from the government, all these factors will slow the demand for new cars. And we are already seeing it.

As I commented before, the fastest way to stop ADMs is to stop paying it. Every time some idiot agrees to pay 90K ADM on a Z06, it enforces dealers strategy.
I agree. I will continue to interview dealers to find an ethical one that will not gouge the customer, and be satisfied with the MSRP for that model.

Sponsored
OP
OP

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
OP
OP

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ jbrubakerjr& Scooter ...Thanks for the info to my inquiry. Do you really think this dealer will commit to sell the Ranger Raptor at MSRP? I think by next year when we are finally able to order this model the inflation, interest rates, gas prices, and forced electrification will affect the mad rush to put one of these in our garages...
Even now most of the news I see jumped past the Ranger and is all about the car like truck Maverick. even a Tremor Maverick, hell I wouldn't be surprised if Ford comes up with a Maverick Raptor.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
@ jbrubakerjr& Scooter ...Thanks for the info to my inquiry. Do you really think this dealer will commit to sell the Ranger Raptor at MSRP? I think by next year when we are finally able to order this model the inflation, interest rates, gas prices, and forced electrification will affect the mad rush to put one of these in our garages...
Even now most of the news I see jumped past the Ranger and is all about the car like truck Maverick. even a Tremor Maverick, hell I wouldn't be surprised if Ford comes up with a Maverick Raptor.
No Maverick Raptor. Not made for that. I have one, it’s a great little truck and suitable for rough roads, bad weather (snow), and will be adequate for most. I have hauled plenty in mine. It’s surprisingly quick too. However, it has limitations and it doesn’t have the bones to ever be branded a Raptor. It would be an insult to the Raptor brand to put it on the Maverick. Besides, its a value vehicle and most on the Maverick forum bark at the cost of the Tremor, hell most of them are so hung up on the hybrid and mpg it would appeal to very few. 2023 model is already sold out and supposedly 70% of the orders are for hybrids. Good luck with that because they don’t have the parts to build that many. Personally I will trade some MPG’s for more horsepower and giddy up. I am considering the new 6g Ranger because I like the look and size but my Maverick is just fine for now.

Sponsored

jbrubakerjr

First Name
JIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Granger has a great reputation and a lot of positive feedback on the 5g Forum. I think you can reach out to @Zach@Granger to get the details. Here is a link to their thread here - https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/order-a-new-ranger-at-3-under-invoice.7104/#post-122191

Zach@Granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Occupation
Car Dealer
Happens to all the popular models. Any insight on how to work around the greedy unscrupulous dealer markup? Is dealer shopping going to be the only way? Will FoMoCo step in?
Shopping is the best bet. Seems like smaller dealers are more likely to do MSRP without markups, but some stores have the reputation to do only MSRP and no more.

In my opinion marking up above MSRP is very short-sighted and won't do the dealership any good long-term.

evorunner

First Name
Ryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford fusion, 66 bronco
are you guys already taking names for next gen ranger? I'm planning on ordering one when they let us.

OP
OP

US RangerRaptor

First Name
WilliamL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping is the best bet. Seems like smaller dealers are more likely to do MSRP without markups, but some stores have the reputation to do only MSRP and no more.

In my opinion marking up above MSRP is very short-sighted and won't do the dealership any good long-term.
Does this mean Granger will honor the MSRP of the Ranger Raptor? Would I be able to order one through Granger as soon as they are available in the US?

Zach@Granger

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco
Occupation
Car Dealer
Does this mean Granger will honor the MSRP of the Ranger Raptor? Would I be able to order one through Granger as soon as they are available in the US?
We don't charge above MSRP on any vehicles. We have a wait list started for the Ranger Raptor. I'm not sure how long it is, but you can email [email protected] and our team can let you know and put you on the list if you'd like.
Sponsored