• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Disabling Wireless charger

maxpetrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
hey all!

Im wondering what the best way to stop the wireless charger from working. my phone doesn't really gain any charge from it and just gets hot in 30 min from being there.

I was thinking of creating some sort of block to stop it from connecting from my phone (maybe like some carboard with tinfoil in between 2 peices to stop it from connecting).

Has anyone else done this? or is there a way to disable this?

thanks!
Sponsored

Ag3ntC00p3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
Been wondering the same thing. I do get a good charge with minimal heat issues but wireless car play is so hit or miss I'd rather use that slot to hold the phone and use wired.

I'll probably cut a thick silicone mat to put in between the phone and pad.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Pull the fuse? Fuse #3 according to the manual. Not sure if it's shared with anything.

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
For 2 years now on my truck, that's where I stack napkins from the drive thru. Never had the need to use the wireless charging pad, zero issues, even if I lay my phone on top of the napkins.

Cyrusblack

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Chief Executive Officer of Pencil Sharpening
For 2 years now on my truck, that's where I stack napkins from the drive thru. Never had the need to use the wireless charging pad, zero issues, even if I lay my phone on top of the napkins.
So are you saying that if you lay napkins on top of the wireless charging area and then lay your phone on top of the napkins it won’t charge? Sorry to lazy to get out of the Lazyboy and go check myself and besides I’m watching game 2 of the Rangers / Panthers 😃

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Forscan may be another option, perhaps?

Ford Ranger Disabling Wireless charger 20240524_234014

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
So are you saying that if you lay napkins on top of the wireless charging area and then lay your phone on top of the napkins it won’t charge? Sorry to lazy to get out of the Lazyboy and go check myself and besides I’m watching game 2 of the Rangers / Panthers 😃
Yes, granted the stack of napkins is probably an inch high. I keep all kinds of junk in that whole area, sticky note pads, pens, etc

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
does it also allow auto start/stop to be disabled ?
It's in there but I haven't tried disabling it. It doesn't bother me much since I use MyMode either way, so it's disabled through my settings. According to the spreadsheet posted in one of the threads, disabling in Forscan results in error codes or disabling other things.

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor V6
It's in there but I haven't tried disabling it. It doesn't bother me much since I use MyMode either way, so it's disabled through my settings. According to the spreadsheet posted in one of the threads, disabling in Forscan results in error codes or disabling other things.
Cheers thanks buddy

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Or use a phone that doesn't wireless charge. Problem solved. :LOL: :clap:
Sponsored