• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Emergency Braking/Collision assist

Ice.candi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/2005 Dodge Durango
So today I realized that turning off the collision assist (evasive steering and automatic braking) does nothing because it turns back on everytime you start the truck. Is there a way too keep this off? Has anyone had any issues with it being on? I've seen horror stories about the colorados and the trucks randomly slamming on the brakes, and being new to actually having modern technology in my vehicle it makes me nervous. It's also a pain to turn off every single time I start the truck.
Sponsored

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I had it engage once when I was backing into my garage last week. I guess I was pretty close to the wall (still had plenty of clearance) and was going very, very slowly (1mph) and it engaged the brakes. Never tried turning it off.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
I’ve driven like 60k miles in cars with emergency brake assist and never had a phantom application of the brakes. Probably 2-3 times where it actually applied the brakes, although I was always confident I was fine. Probably less than 15 times it’s even warned me to brake in all those years.

A handful of times where the system warned me to brake for oncoming other lane traffic, but it’s never intervened in those cases.

I can’t help but think that most people who complain about excessive AEB interventions drive like complete assholes.

Also might as well get used to them, as the government has mandated for 2026 I believe.

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
The only times the AEB kicked on on my 5G Ranger were when it was warranted. It's dependable and not too sensitive.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it engage once when I was backing into my garage last week. I guess I was pretty close to the wall (still had plenty of clearance) and was going very, very slowly (1mph) and it engaged the brakes. Never tried turning it off.
you can actually disable this backup break assist and it stays disabled. i had to for my driveway.

Sponsored

CodeOrangeUAE

First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor 2024
its worked as advertised for me.
Only time it enagaged was correctly when some idiot pulled into my lane going 80kph SLOWER than the speed limit.

That being said i used to drive a tesla and it activated incorrectly all the time. The ford system has been perfect so far

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
I had it happen to me one time in a F-150 Platinum (for no reason), going about 80 mph on the expressway. It just slammed on the brakes and started flashing red LEDs on the dash (that reflected on the inside of the windshield). No idea those LEDs were even there. It only lasted a fraction of second - enough to make me say "WTH?" - and then back to driving normally.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
As someone who drives a semi truck… i absolutely love these things excluding the time from time occasion where it has tripped when it does not need to but it’s extremely rare…

My Prius also had this but I had the lane keeping assist as it kept beeping a lot…. Now I have this which has all the same things as my Prius but the lane keeping assist annoyed me a lot last week (my first week with my RR) before I found out the steering wheel alert was only on the fact that I had not moved it and the lane keeping assist kept me in my lane… I was always thinking it was asking for my grip on the wheel and that I was thinking you had to have a solid grip… (which I don’t)… now I figured it out.. it all works properly and love it as it helps maintain my bubble in front

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
It has saved my azz on two occasions... Im leaving it on!!

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have rear assist off and never noticed it turn back on. I left front on in case of random idiots and wild animals. Hitting a deer at night doesn't sound like a lot of fun, and if this helps prevent that, I'm okay with it.

Sponsored

millertime496

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ranger raptor
Occupation
technical advisor
I think I accedenty turmed mine off. I do have cross traffic fault, that will be resolved friday that may be keeping it off.

OP
OP

Ice.candi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor/2005 Dodge Durango
I have rear assist off and never noticed it turn back on. I left front on in case of random idiots and wild animals. Hitting a deer at night doesn't sound like a lot of fun, and if this helps prevent that, I'm okay with it.
Well I will say if it would actually avoid hitting a deer that would be great being that I almost hit one in my own driveway once (teach me to be messing with my radio in my driveway) Seems that the consensus is that it works good in these trucks at least, guess I'll give it a chance.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Well I will say if it would actually avoid hitting a deer that would be great being that I almost hit one in my own driveway once (teach me to be messing with my radio in my driveway) Seems that the consensus is that it works good in these trucks at least, guess I'll give it a chance.
They work well in all vehicles as long as they are configured correctly… back when they first came out it would happen a lot.. (I am talking about on the semi trucks) First time actually having it in my personal vehicle was my Prius and it was even better than what my semi did but that’s mostly we talking a difference because what I car can do where a semi can’t do! These things have saved my butt a good number times whether I needed or not
Sponsored