• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Missed The Boat

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner, 2019 CR-V, 2017 Civic, 2006 Explorer
Yeah this angle, its quite nice. There's nothing actually "bad" about it. It's just not what I was looking for in a new truck. But it is a handsome looking truck.
I agree, it has a conservative and handsome look which has appeal in a different way than the GM twins achieve appeal via an aggressive, butch look.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Not to rub salt in anyone's wounds here but I was looking at Raptor videos from ROW and noticed this Hungarian Raptor has grab handles on the driver side. I wish they did that for US.

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
Not to rub salt in anyone's wounds here but I was looking at Raptor videos from ROW and noticed this Hungarian Raptor has grab handles on the driver side. I wish they did that for US.
That front camera sure looks handy for pulling out of a parking garage like that!

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
That front camera sure looks handy for pulling out of a parking garage like that!
I thought that too but it looked like he didn't even glance at it. I don't really like FPV videos because you get motion sickness every time they reach an intersection and start looking around.

Sponsored

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Okay, I easily searched and found this. Keep in mind, everyone knew Tacoma and the GM trucks were being replaced, tooā€¦

IMG_0764.jpeg
The much lower sales for 2022 and 2023 have more to do with Bronco production then nobody wanting a Ranger. The line was shifted to 70% Bronco 30% Ranger production by the start of 2022. I'm not saying that people knowing a new model was coming didn't soften demand, however Ford just wasn't building many of them. Very few could be found in dealers inventories over the past couple years and the ones that showed up sold quickly. Ford was still building customer orders, but take away a huge percentage of dealer stock and fleet builds and numbers will fall.

I have a 2022 Tremor so I'm not ready to replace anytime soon. I think a Tremor will eventually come, but not before the 2025 or 2026 model year. Ford will try to upsell Tremor type customers to the Raptor and will only re-introduce it if/when Raptor demand falls.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
The much lower sales for 2022 and 2023 have more to do with Bronco production then nobody wanting a Ranger. The line was shifted to 70% Bronco 30% Ranger production by the start of 2022. I'm not saying that people knowing a new model was coming didn't soften demand, however Ford just wasn't building many of them. Very few could be found in dealers inventories over the past couple years and the ones that showed up sold quickly. Ford was still building customer orders, but take away a huge percentage of dealer stock and fleet builds and numbers will fall.

I have a 2022 Tremor so I'm not ready to replace anytime soon. I think a Tremor will eventually come, but not before the 2025 or 2026 model year. Ford will try to upsell Tremor type customers to the Raptor and will only re-introduce it if/when Raptor demand falls.
I expect Raptor to be a tough get so Tremor may be an option for those that canā€™t get a Raptor so the the option is not losing business to the competition. I expect Tremor next year.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
I know we're all Ford & Ranger fans here, but the context and content of the threads on this page reveal an underlying truth.

The threads and posts are all either about things Ford screwed up on, such as small fuel tank, lack of rear air, no long bed option, no SuperCab option, no Tremor, no ventilated seats, etc... or threads about the Raptor.

Virtually nobody is excited about the non-Raptor 2024 Ranger. There are several times more posts about people switching to GM, Toyota, or Nissan because of the poor Ranger options/design than there are people saying they're ordering a non-Raptor Ranger.

Ford missed the boat on the 2024 Ford Ranger. It is totally underwhelming.

I'm not impressed, Ford.
Exactly. When the "new" Ranger showed up in the U.S. it was already 7 years old elsewhere. So they make us wait several years to see the next new Ranger, and when it debuts it still looks like a 10 year old truck? WTH is going on at Ford? It feels like Ford is terrified of change.

Let's be honest. When you put a Colorado Trail Boss, Tacoma TRD Pro, and Ranger FX4 side by side next year who in their right mind would pick the Ford? I just can't believe how little they changed it.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Exactly. When the "new" Ranger showed up in the U.S. it was already 7 years old elsewhere. So they make us wait several years to see the next new Ranger, and when it debuts it still looks like a 10 year old truck? WTH is going on at Ford? It feels like Ford is terrified of change.

Let's be honest. When you put a Colorado Trail Boss, Tacoma TRD Pro, and Ranger FX4 side by side next year who in their right mind would pick the Ford? I just can't believe how little they changed it.
I think itā€™s fine. It doesnā€™t look like a truck made for kids and doesnā€™t look like a transformer

Sponsored
OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Ford Ranger Ford Missed The Boat 2024-ford-ranger-front-view-spy-photo

This looks like a truck bought by a 70-year old to take lawn clippings to the landfill every Saturday afternoon

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)

I would include the raptor not the FX4 in your line up and that changes everything.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Definitely not a revolutionary design, but those that want something to look like the latest & greatest will head over to Toyota. Really the Ford looks like an evolution of their current design language, which is pretty much an evolution of their design language for the last 4 decades.

Itā€™s a truck meant to sell to existing customers when itā€™s time to upgrade. Keep them in the showroom & maybe upsell to an F150. Maybe this is the upsell for someone who realizes theyā€˜ll be waiting too long for a Maverick.

I get that they took an existing Australian design (apparently the most popular ā€˜uteā€™ there, akin to an F150 here), but if they truly wanted to own the midsize market they wouldā€™ve brought everything over. Platinum, Wildtrack, not to mention cab/box variants. Then this launch wouldā€™ve seemed much more impressive on the order of Toyota. Heck bring the Everest over to compete with the 4 runner!

But really that all would require another production facility in addition to MAP Iā€™m sure, as they already havenā€™t been able to produce enough Broncos. One plant for Broncos, one for Ranger (& potential other T6 variants). Sounds like a winning game plan! But Iā€™m assuming the numbers just werenā€™t there to make it work. Iā€™m sure they did the analysis.

Tony Sorrento

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Auto Sales
Iā€™m not a huge fan of the front end design. I think something more similar to the 5g would look much better. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll grow on me though.

IMG_8836.jpeg

A Powerboost option would have been great as well.
Thats funny you say that. I am a salesman at a Ford dealership and the biggest complaint is the 5g front looks like an SUV ... I agree with them ... I believe the beefier front end of the 6g blows away the 5g ... I actually ordered a 5g and didn't take it because of the front end ... different strokes tho ...