• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Missed The Boat

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Thats funny you say that. I am a salesman at a Ford dealership and the biggest complaint is the 5g front looks like an SUV ... I agree with them ... I believe the beefier front end of the 6g blows away the 5g ... I actually ordered a 5g and didn't take it because of the front end ... different strokes tho ...
I couldn’t get over the 5gs front end or wedge design not to mention it was a 10 year old truck when it was new. I find it weird people prefer the 5g over the 6g and then also complain about the 6g looking old
Sponsored

OP
OP
uthunter

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
I'm pretty disappointed with the second row offerings, but it won't stop me from buying one. No kids at the moment so the second row is rarely used for anything but storage. A second set of cupholders at the back of the center console would have been nice though. I'll probably try to print a solution down the road.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Thats funny you say that. I am a salesman at a Ford dealership and the biggest complaint is the 5g front looks like an SUV ... I agree with them ... I believe the beefier front end of the 6g blows away the 5g ... I actually ordered a 5g and didn't take it because of the front end ... different strokes tho ...
The 5g always looked like a Taurus in the front to me. Once I saw it I couldn’t unsee it.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 5g always looked like a Taurus in the front to me. Once I saw it I couldn’t unsee it.
Go even further. The 5g frontend looks like a Taurus, a Fusion, a, focus, a fiesta, and the transit vans.

They all have the same front-end. It's uncanny when you realize it. I don't think it's a good or a bad thing, but the other day I realized my focus st looked just like the smaller commercial transit vans, and I already knew my car looked just like the 5g.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I think it’s fine. It doesn’t look like a truck made for kids and doesn’t look like a transformer
The grill, colors and lack of front bumper are really on only negatives for me. The grill is easily changed to something more appealing in aftermarket but the other two not.

3231haven

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Next Gen Ranger Wildtrak -RA
Occupation
Retired Automotive Cad Monkey
It's a bit early to make judgement on a vehicle that's not even in customers hands yet. Plus releasing of all models in the total Ranger model range at job 1 is just not feasible, Ford is never going to do it or would any other manufacture.

What I can tell you is if you stand back and look at the total T6 platform parts bin, the US is in a much better place then us in the ROW T6 world, as you also have the Bronco parts bin. The Ranger & Bronco share the same front end rolling chassis to a point, engine installation locations and the same front floors/dash arrangement. Fords never going to release every possible option that is possible with this platform, but the aftermarket world will be able to treat the Ranger like the Bronco and build a wide range of aftermarket vehicles or options for those wanting to upgrade standard Ford Rangers.
Standard Ranger straight off the lot you can put 33" tires on with +35 offset rims and as long as it's no larger the 828mm diameter it fits in the standard spare wheel location. ARB, TJM and others have bullbars, snorkels, suspension lifts, wheel flares, long range fuel tanks etc. ready to go and it will take no time for this to happen in the US, heaps of holes already in chassis and body for aftermarket fitment. Someone has already worked out how to get an extra camera to display in the centre console display for when towing larger trailers/caravans/5th wheeler.

The only down side I have found is that the Ford Ranger team did not put enough thought into the dash/center console for after market options, switch locations, UHF receiver mounts etc. they should of learnt from the Bronco team and followed suit.

Also Ford moved the front wheels forward, not the rear wheels hence why the fuel tank is basically carryover sizing. The ARB long range tank drops straight in and you can even change settings with Ford scan settings to the larger tank, so the gauge still reads correct.

Could go into a whole list of possible parts to exchange between Ranger/Bronco, but I think the best advice I can give is once the Ranger is fully out stick your head under both and I think you will be surprised. If your looking for a platform to build your mid range overlanding vehicle off, think the Next Gen Ranger is a lot better than the 5G. Plus a huge range of options with Ford scan if your that way inclined and not worried about warranty to change dash display and drive modes etc.
Sponsored