• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Jalopnik reporting no PHEV for US

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Eh I think it’s a bit early to make the claim it won’t come here. It might be 2028 but it will come.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
As it is, Australia won't see it until 2025. NA would get it even later then that (Probably 2 years, so 27/28), and Ford generally keeps hushed on things that far out.

I like the Tacoma, but I wish the hybrid towed more than 6000lbs. They really dropped the ball on that imo. Plus I feel the price for the hybrid will be ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
As it is, Australia won't see it until 2025. NA would get it even later then that (Probably 2 years, so 27/28), and Ford generally keeps hushed on things that far out.

I like the Tacoma, but I wish the hybrid towed more than 6000lbs. They really dropped the ball on that imo. Plus I feel the price for the hybrid will be ridiculous.
6000 i think is a sweet spot but thats my opinion lol 😂
I think we’ll wait to see pricing but I think a HybridMax Offroad will be comparable to a Lariat, but i guess we’ll see.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It sounds about usual for Ford in NA. F150 already offers it so go full size if you want a hybrid. I’d kinda hoped this would‘ve been their answer to the Tacoma hybrid, even if that is coming later than the rest of the Tacomas.

Sponsored

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor, '24 BMW IX EV
Occupation
None of your business!
Looks like new Tacoma (especially with the hybrid engine) will blow Ranger sales all over again. I don't think Toyota has any competition from Ford at all.

Ford really screwed up the US market...no PHEV, no Tremor trim, and zero hybrid options. And the Raptor is overkill for a lot of customers (not to mention insane marked up prices at the Stealership).

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
All those extra options will come eventually.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I mean guys.... The F150 is Ford's Tacoma. The Ranger is not their top choice or their money maker. By all accounts it's a niche vehicle that is barely trying to compete with the Tacoma, just like the Tundra barely tries to compete with the F150 line up.

That is to say, the options will eventually hit the Ranger but it's not their priority and probably never will be. TheF150 has been the best selling vehicle, not just truck for over 30 years. Seems stupid to give up that title in any small way for a market you're 2nd to last in. They will come eventually, but probably much further down the road.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
Welp, that does it. I'm done with ford for any new vehicle.
I've had 3 different fords in the past 12 years, always looked at ford first when considering a new car and was really looking at a ranger for the past 2 years but wanted to wait for a hybrid/phev.

ford has shown time and time again that it doesn't care about the US customers. No cooled seat option when its available in the ROW. Same with rear AC vents, and now the same with phev. No cab options, no bed size options no diesel option.

Hope the rest of you who are willing to still give money to those who think less of you are happy with your vehicle(s).

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I've had 3 different fords in the past 12 years, always looked at ford first when considering a new car and was really looking at a ranger for the past 2 years but wanted to wait for a hybrid/phev.

ford has shown time and time again that it doesn't care about the US customers. No cooled seat option when its available in the ROW. Same with rear AC vents, and now the same with phev. No cab options, no bed size options no diesel option.

Hope the rest of you who are willing to still give money to those who think less of you are happy with your vehicle(s).
This isn’t an airport. You don’t have to announce your departure.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Hate to burst your bubble, but every mid-size manufacturer is cutting corners in their own ways.

You complain about "no diesel option", but what mid-size even offers that? How is that a ford problem?

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier

This is just a really weird response and I don’t just mean announcing your departure

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
I just post it in hopes someone at ford sees it when they are doing research

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Per usual, it will come to us after the other parts of the world. That is how it works generally with new releases in a new market.

Start off simple, and build up after production gets under way.