• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Jalopnik reporting no PHEV for US

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
I get it rolls out in the ROW first, but if this comes (and thats a big IF) we're talking 3+ years after 2 or 3 other major auto makers do it first.
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I get it rolls out in the ROW first, but if this comes (and thats a big IF) we're talking 3+ years after 2 or 3 other major auto makers do it first.
There are no other PHEV trucks on the market. Toyota won’t do one, they’re all in on hydrogen. Nissan is too broke to come up with one that quickly. The only likely competitor is GM. And that’s a very loose maybe.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
As it is, the article states ROW doesn't get it until 2025. I fail to see the hoopla currently...It is still currently 2023.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're also getting the added bonus of everyone else beta-testing brand new vehicles so we don't have too...i'd say that's a win.

Also battery technology will leapfrog itself year after year. We're all better off waiting a bit before we commit to any PHEV vehicles this early on.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
As it is, the article states ROW doesn't get it until 2025. I fail to see the hoopla currently...It is still currently 2023.
What article says that?
The quote from the ford exec said No PHEV for the US, not no PHEV until 2025? Did i miss another article?

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
They aren't going to announce something for the U.S if it isn't coming until 2026+. They always keep that stuff under wraps that far out.

There is a ton of planning involved before they will publicly announce/confirm something. Just look how long it took for the next gen to be confirmed for the NA market.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Sounds like we will be getting a PHEV Ranger (and PHEV Bronco) in North America:

Hybrids for entire Ford Blue lineup

The key piece in this article is:

Even bigger news, however, is the fact that Ford also plans to offer hybrid power trains across its entire Ford Blue lineup in North America, the automaker has announced.
It was always hard for me to believe that Ford would let the Wrangler 4Xe go unanswered and that strongly suggested we would also be getting the Ranger PHEV. Hallelujah, the USA will also be getting the Ranger PHEV!

The remaining question in my mind is when? It is suppose to be available in ROW sometime in 2025, maybe 2026 for the USA?

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

olefordguy

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Limited, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Give it about 10 years and I'll start thinking about an EV, PHEV or Hybrid option. Hopefully by then the battery technology and infrastructure will mature and settle down. Prior to that, screw em, I got zero interest.

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
Give it about 10 years and I'll start thinking about an EV, PHEV or Hybrid option. Hopefully by then the battery technology and infrastructure will mature and settle down. Prior to that, screw em, I got zero interest.
I partially agree with you. The battery technology and charging infrastructure are not ready for BEV adoption by the masses.

For HEVs and PHEVs the current battery technology works fine, but they will also benefit from the next generation battery technology. For HEVs and PHEVs the current state of charging infrastructure is irrelevant. HEVs are not plugged in and for PHEVs it only makes sense to charge them at home.

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I getting one of these when they build it.
Ford Ranger Jalopnik reporting no PHEV for US qt9vujnf
Sponsored