• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
1656602935767.png

1656602948007.png

is it a longer cab though? or more of an optical illusion?
I have a hard time believing Ford would manufacture an entirely different cab for just the LB version...
I think the cab is going to be the same. To much cost to make two versions of the SCREW.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
I have a hard time believing Ford would manufacture an entirely different cab for just the LB version...

I agree, but I still haven't seen any rear legroom specs, to understand if it's any better than the previous generation.

HRG

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
1656602935767.png

1656602948007.png

Yeah initially the story on autoblog said 'long cab' and it did look longer, but then comparing pictures it isn't as obvious. Only time will tell for sure, but my hope is the US cab is larger and we are just seeing it for the first time on a long bed version. My guess is this will be the cab/wheelbase for all US models but the bed will have a short/long version.

To me adding length to the frame for just a long bed version version doesn't make since. The long (only 6') bed will have people that want it, but it is going to be a fraction of what people actually buy. It's just like the F150 supercrew, there is a 6' bed option but how many do you actually see?

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the cab is going to be the same. To much cost to make two versions of the SCREW.
The cost is better for a second frame? If there is a larger cab it will be a US only thing (has to be different more than the bumper right) and the bed itself will be the variable. My guess is we will find out for sure in a few months

OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Yea that is weird... i googled and found no specs. anyone have them?

Sponsored

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that is weird... i googled and found no specs. anyone have them?
I have tried in the past but have not found any which is strange indeed.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Yeah initially the story on autoblog said 'long cab' and it did look longer, but then comparing pictures it isn't as obvious. Only time will tell for sure, but my hope is the US cab is larger and we are just seeing it for the first time on a long bed version. My guess is this will be the cab/wheelbase for all US models but the bed will have a short/long version.

To me adding length to the frame for just a long bed version version doesn't make since. The long (only 6') bed will have people that want it, but it is going to be a fraction of what people actually buy. It's just like the F150 supercrew, there is a 6' bed option but how many do you actually see?
Actually the the standard F150 SuperCrew has a 5.5’ bed and the longbed version is a 6.5’ bed (not a 6’)

Ford is the only BoF midsize in the NA market NOT to offer a crewcab/longbed configuration. If they want any chance in improving market share then they will need to offer this configuration. I’d be willing to bet that the other brands sell more of this configuration than the extended cab/longbed to individual owners. Including fleet sales might prove me wrong.

Either way, if Ford doesn’t sell this and other brands continue to, Ford doesn’t stand a chance to make headway in the segment.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually the the standard F150 SuperCrew has a 5.5’ bed and the longbed version is a 6.5’ bed (not a 6’)

Ford is the only BoF midsize in the NA market NOT to offer a crewcab/longbed configuration. If they want any chance in improving market share then they will need to offer this configuration. I’d be willing to bet that the other brands sell more of this configuration than the extended cab/longbed to individual owners. Including fleet sales might prove me wrong.

Either way, if Ford doesn’t sell this and other brands continue to, Ford doesn’t stand a chance to make headway in the segment.
Yes that is correct, it's a 6.5', sorry I wasn't being more specific as I generally call them 5 or 6 foot beds.

I knew others offered this but was thinking they were just the longer bed and not an extended wheelbase, but I did look and see that was incorrect. But yeah again it is a very small percentage, but I get where you are coming from and agree.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 lightning blue w/302A
Occupation
Retired
If they do it.they will need a longer wheelbase ,a different frame and all the rest that goes with it. No way they can do it otherwise. Can’t overhang the rear axle by an extra foot and keep the truck balanced with a load. Lots of issues with towing and crash worthyness. Not saying it won't happen, but not on my wish list. I like the manuverability and how it fits in my garage.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
The cost is better for a second frame? If there is a larger cab it will be a US only thing (has to be different more than the bumper right) and the bed itself will be the variable. My guess is we will find out for sure in a few months
I would think so. Stretching the existing frame/driveshaft by ~12 inches and using an existing SCREW cab and an existing box seems a lot less costly to me than redesigning the cab. I'm not an automotive engineer so this is only speculation on my part.

Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
There hasnt been a long bed option in the NA market since the Ranger was reintroduced...
From following the chatter on this forum over the last few months, this is a highly sought after option. So i'm sure some people will be very happy to see its happening. not confirmed, but might as well be at this point i feel.
So this is good news.
I personally do not need a longer bed and do not like the looks of them, but I know a lot of guys want this option, and I am glad that Ford will be providing it going forward. It is also a good sign that Ford is "all-in" with the Ranger, and that we can expect more good things and other options in the future.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER

Here's hoping that we do get a little longer cab across the board, with the option of a long or short bed left open to each buyer.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
So does the cab look larger as well? back door looks big, which I hope so because I would love at least 38" of rear legroom
The cab is unchanged vs the standard config, and basically unchanged vs the outgoing model.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
The cab is unchanged vs the standard config, and basically unchanged vs the outgoing model.
So virtually the same interior specs for leg room & space?

Reactions: Doc

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
This is just wrong, bed sizes are normally 5.5' for short bed, 6.5' standard and 8' for long bed.
Sponsored