• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Not what I was hoping for

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Super Crew, short bed only misses the target for me. Only hope now is they continually roll out more options over time like the rest of the world :frown: How is a fleet buyer or tradesman supposed to prefer this over alternatives with a $34k starting price? Head scratcher there. At least this takes the pressure off to move fast on early ordering.
Yeah, that an over $5000 increase from last years base price. Absolutely nuts!!!

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
To be honest I don’t think MAP is ready to produce this truck with demand still high for the Bronco and purposely launched a limited and bland truck to keep demand in check with production capability. Instead of growing interest and excitement I’m seeing plenty of disappointment and frustration. Myself included!
Maybe. I said this too the wife earlier that I feel Ford tanked/taking
the Ranger sales so it would not steal sales from the f150. They need to keep saying it's the best selling truck.

I mean come on most of next gen ranger models still use a key and have halogen lights. I just don't think they are taking midsized market seriously. Still the ugly stepchild.

Either that or they do not care or understand the NA market.

I wanted something to get excited about. I will eventually buy one because I do allot of long trips and the Ranger is comfortable compared to the others. Right now I will stick with mine.

Last edited:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I think this is a fair assessment if future model improvements were a guarantee.

What Ford has put forward here is such an underwhelming offering. The Bronco reveal set the automotive world on fire. The Maverick reveal, while not as strong, also stirred some souls with it’s offering and low price tag. This? This is essentially the exact same truck model that it’s replacing. Like a mid model refresh rather than an all new. The RRaptor variant is the only big upgrade (love those diff lockers).

Why this is annoying to me is that I think everyone else largely feels the same. If you (“you” in general, not calling anyone out specifically) say “wait for what’s coming next” you’re essentially admitting what is here isn’t all that it should be. That makes me think sales in the US on this will likely be sub-par, and Ford brass will axe any additional models like a crew cab long bed option.

Seriously. Crew cab long bed. I would’ve jumped at that upgrade! I don’t want a full size truck, but I need more than a 5’ bed for motorcycles in the bed.

I’m seriously concerned this model isn’t gonna pay off enough for Ford to keep introducing more options in a couple of years.

This unveiling needed something special that wasn’t a $56k starting price. Didn’t get that.

I hope my concerns prove wrong, and I eat significant crow as I buy a future Ford mid size.
100% agree with you on wanting a SuperCrew/longbed. I too have no interest in a full-size truck and prefer a midsize in a crewcab/longbed configuration. I also have a motorcycle, Mtn bikes, kayaks and paddle boards I haul in the bed. Having and overall shorter truck that has a longer bed than the base crewcab full-size is a no brainer to me. Looks like Nissan and Toyota are the only options now. Based on what Toyota has teased (hybrid), I’ll likely end up on a new Tacoma? The launch was a swing and miss for me unfortunately.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Yeah, that an over $5000 increase from last years base price. Absolutely nuts!!!
Well last year's was a SuperCab, but still if you compare the 2023 base XL SuperCrew to the '24 it has gone up about $3000. That's an outrageous increase.

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Maybe. I said this too the wife earlier that I feel Ford tanked/taking
the Ranger sales so it would not steal sales from the f150. They need to keep saying it's the best selling truck.

I mean come on most of next gen ranger models still use a key and have halogen lights. I just don't think they are taking midsized market seriously. Still the ugly stepchild.

Either that or they do not care or understand the NA market.

I wanted something to get excited about. I will eventually buy one because I do allot of long trips and the Ranger is comfortable compared to the others. Right now I will stick with mine.
The Ranger stealing sales from the F-150 should be the least of Ford’s concerns at this point. Ford needs to worry about people like me who will likely leave the brand entirely. Making less money (the difference between midsize and full-size) isn’t bad vs. ZERO profit!

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Not revealing anything about a hybrid at this point does not mean no hybrid. We may not hear about it for a while since it is expected for the 2025 model year.
Just like a possible Tremor. One more year of agonizing waiting. Ugghh!

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
oh really? well damn taco reallly ahead of the curve already.
The teasers area silhouettes at this point but there have been some camo'ed prototypes driving around that obviously have a longer bed. I think it helps that they have much higher volume than the other guys so they can afford to offer more configurations.

Connect

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
there was a gain in legroom?
I thought interior dimensions were virtually unchanged?
Current Ranger is 34.5 I think.... new one is 38.X I can't remember what it said for sure. Apparently the wheelbase and trach added 2 inches, but yes all the ones saying it was the same appear to be wrong. The current one is really tight.... the maverick has more legroom just not as much width. Watching some of the reviews you can tell it is larger back there for sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
You said it perfectly!!! Me waiting as long as I have and my daily driver being a 21+ year old F-150 SuperCrew. I too felt like I was punched in the gut this morning! Super disappointed and even a little pissed off to be honest. Underwhelmed is an understatement!
Sorry to be blunt on this, but your angst is self-inflicted here đŸ€“ Nobody told you to wait 20 years and then put all of your eggs in the 6G Ranger basket. Where else does a person do that in their lives? 100% of available evidence around the globe points to an incremental launch over time. Label it how you will, and certainly do what is best for you and consider other vehicles that can check all your boxes, but just don't let emotions destroy you over this when all potential competitors aren't even released, reviewed and fully vetted yet. I started casually looking at Frontier on line yesterday and may sneak into a dealer to check 1 out. I'm fully aware it also has less of what I really want to consider it a substantial upgrade over my Maverick, but the drivetrain, lack of too much tech, Supercab (King) and $7k lower than Ranger MSRP are appealing.

The fatal flaw here may be nobody within 200 miles has anything close to my specs in stock and not sure if they can or WILL order 1 for me. Time will have to sort this out.

OP
OP
Ranger#5?

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Current Ranger is 34.5 I think.... new one is 38.X I can't remember what it said for sure. Apparently the wheelbase and trach added 2 inches, but yes all the ones saying it was the same appear to be wrong. The current one is really tight.... the maverick has more legroom just not as much width. Watching some of the reviews you can tell it is larger back there for sure.
Fwiw, I have a Maverick and short legs. Can state for a fact entry and exit in front seats is compromised with your feet hitting kick panel on door frame every single time. Only sat in the 5G Ranger once 4 years ago but don't remember the foot contact there.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a leaked image of the Tacoma's interior floating around and it looks BAD. I thought the canyon AT4 had a pretty ugly interior but it looks like a 10/10 after seeing the taco's interior.

Ford Ranger Not what I was hoping for 5445887_2548800321948880_5736227185843588571_n-

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
There is a leaked image of the Tacoma's interior floating around and it looks BAD. I thought the canyon AT4 had a pretty ugly interior but it looks like a 10/10 after seeing the taco's interior.

5445887_2548800321948880_5736227185843588571_n-jpg.jpg
Wth
 how did they think that brown and green was a good idea??

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

5445887_2548800321948880_5736227185843588571_n-jpg.jpg
It has been confirmed on the taco forums that this is a photoshop. This is a Tundra interior with the air vents moved from the side to under the screen.