• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Order Tracker Status

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
For what it's worth I have a second reservation on a truck with a 4/3 blend date and it's still "in production" no updates. I was hoping it would be shipped immediately but it's now in purgatory with my initial 1/18 blend date reservation.

Seems pretty random on what builds get shipped immediately and which ones aren't.
I stopped by Pundmann Ford to look at the white Lariat they had. I passed. While I was there he showed me the screen with my vehicle still in Michigan and a big "Hold" message in red next to it. He had no idea why but speculated it could be because of the bed box extender. That doesn't seem likely to me. I don't think many people are getting them and I've seen posts on here of deliveries with it so it doesn't seem realistic that this is the reason for the hold.
Sponsored

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
There was at least one other person that mentioned their hold may be for waiting for a transfer case.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
He had no idea why but speculated it could be because of the bed box extender.
That doesn't seem likely to me, but who knows?

Mine has been on hold for 3 months and I'm starting to suspect they scrapped it and forgot to tell anyone. Maybe that's just me being pessimistic, but I have given up on my original order.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Constructively placed at final destination rail yard. Just wth on unloading and being picked up by a truck for delivery now. Should be getting really close now. 11 months.. guess that's not bad.. 🤦‍♂️

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I stopped by Pundmann Ford to look at the white Lariat they had. I passed. While I was there he showed me the screen with my vehicle still in Michigan and a big "Hold" message in red next to it. He had no idea why but speculated it could be because of the bed box extender. That doesn't seem likely to me. I don't think many people are getting them and I've seen posts on here of deliveries with it so it doesn't seem realistic that this is the reason for the hold.
No chance. The holds have been quality control holds. This has been very consistent. Ford won't disclose if it was for inspection, repair, updates, etc.

We are likely to never know. But.. Ford ceo said qc was a huge deal to him and that initial quality was going to be top priority. Hopefully this involved this new focus on quality.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was really close to buying that one but decided not to. I stopped seeing it on autotrader today so I'm assuming it's gone. There have been a few delivered to Jack Schmitt Ford on the east side and a few more look to be showing up at Dave Sinclair, Beuckman ford, and Pettus Ford. just none in the configuration i'm looking for.

hopefully we start seeing more ship this way soon.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I now wish I did not just find the dealership's quick lane and inventory lot live cam. Now looking for a blue RR expected to get unloaded today, tomorrow, next day, or.......?
I already was having trouble getting my work done. More temptation to check the cams.
I feel you, brother.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Ford Chat gave me some happy, shocking, and weird information. This is what they responded with when I asked them to provide me with an update on my second order:

I'm not sure why your order went from Built to Order Confirmed. I'm showing your vehicle is in transit with a secondary status of shipped convoy, updated on 4/10/2024. This means your vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. Your vehicle has an estimated time of arrival window of 4/15/2024 through 4/21/2024.

The weird thing is, I live west of the Rockies and it was supposed to be shipped by rail. Has anyone else on the West Coast had this experience?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it because it looks like it's due to arrive any day.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Chat gave me some happy, shocking, and weird information. This is what they responded with when I asked them to provide me with an update on my second order:

I'm not sure why your order went from Built to Order Confirmed. I'm showing your vehicle is in transit with a secondary status of shipped convoy, updated on 4/10/2024. This means your vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. Your vehicle has an estimated time of arrival window of 4/15/2024 through 4/21/2024.

The weird thing is, I live west of the Rockies and it was supposed to be shipped by rail. Has anyone else on the West Coast had this experience?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it because it looks like it's due to arrive any day.
Hope they are right. No, that makes zero sense. They don't convoy that distance almost ever, so makes more sense that it's being shipped by rail.

However, with as weird have things have been with this launch, who would know. Just hope your truck arrives soon.

I'm in Oklahoma and mine just arrived by rail

By chance, what does your window sticker show. It typically shows if your vehicle will ship by convoy or rail. I've never seen it be other than what is on the window sticker.

Attached mine to show you where to look.

Ford Ranger Order Tracker Status IMG_4252

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have no clue what Ford is doing anymore.
Been tracking 4 F-150's with same or similar shipped dates to my RR headed to the dealer.
All 4 have been shipped with ETA late April to early May.
Was also a F-150 XL that was not "built" as of yesterday. Now that one shows as on convoy (to Iowa?) and just updated to "final preparation".
Ford Ranger Order Tracker Status final prep.PNG

This while the other 4 and my RR apparently are still at the rail unloading point waiting for a convoy.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine, when finally shipped, took 14 days by rail to get to oklahoma. Now it's at its final rail point awaiting a convoy to take it to the dealership. It's been wtg a day. I was told this step usually takes 3 to 5 days. But, we will see.

Sitting only 65 miles away, so I am hoping it will be quick.

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
By chance, what does your window sticker show. It typically shows if your vehicle will ship by convoy or rail. I've never seen it be other than what is on the window sticker.
The sticker says RAIL. I live in Southern Idaho and the normal shippping route is rail to Salt Lake City, and then convoy 5 hours to Idaho.

I'm not sure if the Ford chat associate interpreted the data correctly. Maybe it was only showing convoy from the rail station in Salt Lake, however, if that was the case it would have arrived days ago.

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
Just got word that my truck has arrived at the dealership. My RR arrived via convoy but the tracker never updated past built status. I even talked to chat this morning who mentioned it was still pending shipment but eta was 4/12-4/18. Glad the wait is finally over!

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Congratulations.
It looks like "experiences may vary" when dealing with chat or the tracker are common.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got word that my truck has arrived at the dealership. My RR arrived via convoy but the tracker never updated past built status. I even talked to chat this morning who mentioned it was still pending shipment but eta was 4/12-4/18. Glad the wait is finally over!
Congratulations. Hope u love your truck.
Sponsored