• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Possibly canceling order

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
My ordered XLT has been sitting at MAP for three months and my patience is running thin. I called my dealer this morning and he told me a stock XLT Ranger is coming in next week that is nearly exactly like the one I ordered, with the only difference being it does not have an integrated box step. It's even the same color. Literally everything is the same except that one option.

Do you guys see any downside to settling for a stock order? The only thing I can think of is that I'll lose the $1000 pre-order incentive, if that's really a thing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
You should qualify for the $1000 rebate.

But see what the bottom line is on the stock order. If the price works out close enough for you to stomach, might as well just go for it. How often were you gonna use the bed step, anyway?

OP
OP
Jacfield

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
How often were you gonna use the bed step, anyway?
It's funny because I originally ordered mine without the step but changed my mind and added it a month later. It is not a deal breaker for me.

Viporpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion Sport / 2021 Ford Edge SEL
I wouldnt care about the steps if i was you. I just took possession of mine this past tuesday. I ordered it without them. They will collect mud and crap not to mention if you or others use it to get stuff out or in the bed , hope you dont have belt buckles or keys or a number of other things that will scratch the hell out of your fender paint. Use the back of bumper or just open the tailgate like we have for years. I think the truck also looks better without them. As for your order , thats your call. I would stick with the order if i was you. That way you'll surely get the $1000 rebate. Ford also gave me a additional $750 rebate as well , no idea why.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
You can rest assured the dealer won't actually "cancel" your order. They'll just let it come in and mark as customer refused and recategorize it as dealer stock and sell it on their lot. Don't let them con you into thinking they are doing a big favor and not treat you fairly on selling the earlier arrival.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jacfield

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Ford also gave me an additional $750 rebate as well, no idea why.
Did the rebate have a certificate number or anything on the paperwork?

FreezingFlatlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Retired
The Lariat I ordered hasn't even been scheduled yet but the dealer is letting me have the stock order he has coming that is identical except for the stock order having Splash Guards so it was an easy decision for me. He said the stock order has been shipped and is on the rail. No problem for the dealer as he said he won't cancel the order, will sell it off the lot.

ivotuk

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
IT
Personally, I would wait and keep my original order. Does your Window Sticker say "Special Order?" I know it's not worth money, but this is the only time in my life I've ordered a new vehicle, and I'm going to Frame my Window Sticker! But, at 65, I'm more patient than most. But I would wait.

Otherwise, if you buy the one next week, I'd ask for some kind of rebate, or Ford Points or something to offset your waiting. Have them throw in an new Toneau cover or something.

OP
OP
Jacfield

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
The Lariat I ordered hasn't even been scheduled yet but the dealer is letting me have the stock order he has coming that is identical except for the stock order having Splash Guards so it was an easy decision for me. He said the stock order has been shipped and is on the rail. No problem for the dealer as he said he won't cancel the order, will sell it off the lot.
It seems like an easy decision on my end, but I think I am suffering from the sunk cost fallacy. I ordered on May 26, 2023 with the hopes of getting my truck as fast as possible. I took work off that day to visit three dealerships to work out a deal. I patiently waited over 10 months only to find out that it was all for nothing - All I needed to to do is place an order on April 11, 2024 and get it three weeks later.

Last edited:

Eubie5

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln mkz
Why would you lose the $1000, and the dealer not just roll that over as down payment on the one on the lot?
I wouldn't do it if you'll lose that $$.
It's just the principle, wouldn't give them any extra $$.

Sponsored

FordDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Work
It seems like an easy decision on my end, but I think I am suffering from the sunk cost fallacy. I ordered on May 26, 2023 with the hopes of getting my truck as fast as possible. I took work off that day to visit three dealerships to work out a deal. I patiently waited over 10 months only to find out that it was all for nothing - All I needed to to do is place an order on April 11, 2024 and get it three weeks later.
100% understand exactly what you are saying.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
The box step to me is a deal breaker, so I wouldn’t personally do it. It will make getting in and out of the bed to tie/untie my kayak a lot easier, as well as grabbing things further in the bed.

However, since the step is not a deal breaker to you, then you just have to decide how much is it worth it to you to get the truck faster. If it’s worth around ~$1k to you then you have your answer.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
He said the stock order has been shipped and is on the rail.
I think there is a $500 Ford pipeline bonus certificate available. They just need to put their stock order in your name before DELIVERY. Worth asking. Doesn't cost the dealer anything.
From a previous post....They want to push to sell dealer stock before it is delivered.
Order Bonus
Available for: Cash Purchase, Finance, Lease Requirements and Restrictions:
Pipeline Tagging Bonus Cash (#32110). Eligible buyers may receive Pipeline Tagging Bonus Cash on select new vehicles. Incentive may be incompatible with certain finance types or other cash programs, based on individual program rules. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 07/08/2024. Residency restrictions apply. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.
Customer $ Offer$500
Start07/06/2023
End07/09/2024
The ford authority article below is older, but the program above seems to be for dealer stock orders that a customer arranges to buy before delivery. Deadline is July now.
2024 Ford Lineup Gets Unique Discount Through April (fordauthority.com)

OP
OP
Jacfield

Jacfield

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler
Occupation
Developer
Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

I had the dealer put my name on the stock order and keep my retail order active. I will buy whichever one arrives first.
Sponsored