• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Pushed Again....

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Kind of hard to think of a worse defense of Ford than to say, "It's only been six months. On the Bronco and Maverick, some guys had been waiting for three years."

Doesn't that prove how inept they've really been lately on parts and production management?
Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of hard to think of a worse defense of Ford than to say, "It's only been six months. On the Bronco and Maverick, some guys had been waiting for three years."

Doesn't that prove how inept they've really been lately on parts and production management?
Iā€™ll spin it another way:

ā€œFord is making so many desirable vehicles theyā€™re having trouble keeping upā€

This is the new normal by the way. Every manufacturer is doing the same thing. They realize they didnā€™t have to race to the bottom on price and make it up through volume. Every manufacturer made a conscious effort to say ā€œwe can sell fewer cars with higher margin option packages and trims and look even better on an earnings callā€. Itā€™s not ineptitude, itā€™s a misalignment between what you want the manufacturer to do and what the manufacturer wants to do. Thatā€™s how it is with multi billion dollar corporations these days. The only metric that matters is the quarterly balance sheet.

Iā€™ve said it on here before but to anyone that thinks supply chain issues are self inflicted or a result of bad management, I can tell you donā€™t work anywhere where shipping physical product is a concern. You canā€™t even begin to judge the situation unless you do. I work in an industry that requires a steady flow of both commodities and speciality sub parts. Things are still bad. Backlog is huge. Lead times are coming in but theyā€™re still 5 to 8 times as long as before.

Before you get on your high horse, consider maybe you arenā€™t an expert on the matter and that your anger at the manufacturer is nothing more than a grown up version of a child that canā€™t wait for his Christmas toy.

Rant over.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged

ā€œFord is making so many desirable vehicles theyā€™re having trouble keeping upā€

This is the new normal by the way. Every manufacturer is doing the same thing. They realize they didnā€™t have to race to the bottom on price and make it up through volume. Every manufacturer made a conscious effort to say ā€œwe can sell fewer cars with higher margin option packages and trims and look even better on an earnings callā€. Itā€™s not ineptitude, itā€™s a misalignment between what you want the manufacturer to do and what the manufacturer wants to do. Thatā€™s how it is with multi billion dollar corporations these days. The only metric that matters is the quarterly balance sheet.

Iā€™ve said it on here before but to anyone that thinks supply chain issues are self inflicted or a result of bad management, I can tell you donā€™t work anywhere where shipping physical product is a concern. You canā€™t even begin to judge the situation unless you do. I work in an industry that requires a steady flow of both commodities and speciality sub parts. Things are still bad. Backlog is huge. Lead times are coming in but theyā€™re still 5 to 8 times as long as before.

Before you get on your high horse, consider maybe you arenā€™t an expert on the matter and that your anger at the manufacturer is nothing more than a grown up version of a child that canā€™t wait for his Christmas toy.

Rant over.
Refer to Post #2 šŸ¤£

PS. My Raptor, which I was getting at MSRP, was scheduled last week. I cancelled it because it's not what I want. My point is that it's not that I'm waiting for a toy, I'm just not a fanboy trying to justify poor performance because of loyalty to a massive corporation (which I used to work at, by the way).

PPS. I promise you neither Ford customers nor dealers are happy that Ford either can't design vehicles people want, or can't build the vehicles that people do want. Ford Corporate better not be happy about it either.

PPPS. Ford's stock has gone from $20 two years ago to $12 today. If you think Ford's inability to deliver vehicles that customers want to buy is part of a grand scheme to NOT sell profitable, in-demand vehicles, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

This is easily disprovable. Toyota has never stopped pumping out Tacomas and they are objectively far more desirable than the Ranger. Hyundai/Kia have had some of the most in-demand cars in the market with Palisade/Telluride, yet nobody has had to wait that long for one of those. Jeep was the only player in the game for years before the Bronco came back and yet they were always meeting demand.

I don't understand how you are playing defense for Ford when you're one of the few people on here to bail on the Ranger and get something else because Ford took too long.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
This is easily disprovable. Toyota has never stopped pumping out Tacomas and they are objectively far more desirable than the Ranger. Hyundai/Kia have had some of the most in-demand cars in the market with Palisade/Telluride, yet nobody has had to wait that long for one of those. Jeep was the only player in the game for years before the Bronco came back and yet they were always meeting demand.

I don't understand how you are playing defense for Ford when you're one of the few people on here to bail on the Ranger and get something else because Ford took too long.
You also can't order a Toyota. You request what you want, and get the best match they can find/get. TBH this argument backfires on that sole fact. Last year when looking at vehicles for my girlfriend, the toyotas were backlogged 2+ months, and you got whatever came in at the time.

Sponsored

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
ā€œI don't understand how you are playing defense for Ford when you're one of the few people on here to bail on the Ranger and get something else because Ford took too long.ā€

EXACTLY!!šŸ˜‚

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Checked with Ford Chat, mine is still in the "Order Processing" status. I wish I had a date to push.

UpInTheAir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still not a Raptor
Checked with Ford Chat, mine is still in the "Order Processing" status. I wish I had a date to push.
Do you have a VIN, or does that get created/assigned at the same time as the build date? Dealer I am working with said I have their only allocation, but I have only received the original order confirmation email from Ford and then the 12/4 "update" about how they are targeting Q1 shipments.

Cyrric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Do you have a VIN, or does that get created/assigned at the same time as the build date? Dealer I am working with said I have their only allocation, but I have only received the original order confirmation email from Ford and then the 12/4 "update" about how they are targeting Q1 shipments.
The VIN will get assigned when the build date is assigned.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Refer to Post #2 šŸ¤£

PS. My Raptor, which I was getting at MSRP, was scheduled last week. I cancelled it because it's not what I want. My point is that it's not that I'm waiting for a toy, I'm just not a fanboy trying to justify poor performance because of loyalty to a massive corporation (which I used to work at, by the way).

PPS. I promise you neither Ford customers nor dealers are happy that Ford either can't design vehicles people want, or can't build the vehicles that people do want. Ford Corporate better not be happy about it either.

PPPS. Ford's stock has gone from $20 two years ago to $12 today. If you think Ford's inability to deliver vehicles that customers want to buy is part of a grand scheme to NOT sell profitable, in-demand vehicles, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
You cancelling your order is on you.

Ford answers to the CEO, the CEO answers to the shareholders. Those are the only people that matter. Occasionally, performing well for customers and dealers also brings in profit for the shareholders. Thatā€™s the only time any company cares about customers.

Finally share price is affected by a lot of factors. Most recently a general slowing of the car market due to high interest rates indicates to investors that future profitability is in jeopardy. Which lines up exactly with what I said about lead times coming in (lower demand, growing supply). It also had to do with Ford jumping head first into 4 EV plants at the same time and cancelling or delaying all but one. Itā€™s never good from a stockholder perspective when the market suddenly fluctuates and a major company initiative turns out to be kind of a mistake.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer

Toyota is doing the same thing. First just because they were making a lot doesnā€™t mean they were making all they could. The fact that there were still six month waiting lists proves that. Second, have you seen the pricing on the new Tacomas? Theyā€™re doing exactly what I said. Lower volume, higher margins.

Finally since you want to make things personal, I bailed on my Ranger to get my dream truck, the one I wanted in the first place. If you had read my post and understood it, youā€™d know that the Ranger was a placeholder for a full size for me. That and I had a lease that ended. Out of my control.

Itā€™s amusing to me that you think Iā€™m defending Ford. No, Iā€™m one of their biggest critics. The difference I take time to understand the situation and what to be upset about. Thereā€™s plenty that Ford does wrong with their sales model but supply chain is not one of those things.

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You cancelling your order is on you.
I cancelled because the Raptor isn't the right truck for me, not because of the wait. I have three new Ford's in my garage, all custom ordered and all took 6+ months to get here. I'm obviously willing to wait for what I want, but the Raptor isn't it.

I want a Tremor with a 2.7L (proof that I'm willing to wait for what I want), but that doesn't mean that Ford is doing a good job producing their most desirable vehicles.

The fact that Ford isn't even offering a Tremor or a 2.7L, but the 2.7L has been announced and then delayed, plus we all know they will offer a Tremor in a year, proves my point.

They're horrible at building the actual vehicles that people want. The worst in the business. Easily. Don't believe me, go order the second Raptor at any dealership in America and let me know how it goes. Ford can't/won't produce the highest-cost/highest-demanded version of their mid-size truck. Brilliant!

The best part about your post is the fact that you attacked me as a child who can't wait for Christmas when I cancelled a scheduled order to wait longer for a different truck... and you ran off and bought another model because you couldn't wait any longer... is truly hilarious.

Last edited:

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
I cancelled because the Raptor isn't the right truck for me, not because of the wait. I have three new Ford's in my garage, all custom ordered and all took 6+ months to get here. I'm willing to wait for what I want, but the Raptor isn't it, I want a Tremor with a 2.7L (proof that I'm willing to wait for what I want), but that doesn't mean that Ford is doing a good job producing desirable vehicles. (Again, the fact that Ford isn't even offering a Tremor with a 2.7L, but we all know they will in a year proves my point.)

They're horrible at building the actual vehicles that people want. The worst in the business. Easily.
Ford, who makes the #1 selling vehicle in the US for the last thirty years, is famously bad at making vehicles that people want. People waiting three years for a Bronco definitely support your conclusion. People buying Raptors with $10k, $20k, $30k markups is all the evidence you need.

Why wont you just admit that youā€™re impatient that Ford isnā€™t making the very hyper specific low volume configuration of truck in a limited market segment that you specifically want instead of making wild, easily disproven, blanket statements?

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Mine got scheduled last week for the week of 2/12, but all ready got bumped to the week of 2/19 with the last order preview screen.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s amusing to me that you think Iā€™m defending Ford. No, Iā€™m one of their biggest critics. The difference I take time to understand the situation and what to be upset about. Thereā€™s plenty that Ford does wrong with their sales model but supply chain is not one of those things.
To half the crybabies on this forum, any response other than "unga bunga ford bad, why they hate me" is white knighting for Ford.

God forbid people who have some insight into engineering processes and supply chains weigh in with reasonable discussion. Only 15 minutes of hate allowed.
Sponsored